The Video Thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fully expect this guy to become a statistic. Does such sketchy shit.

I do wonder how that chimney hasn't been dynamited shut yet. having a hole any random thing/person could fall 1100 ft down a shaft being just open to sky is just /sus. probably the only think keeping this from being a thing is the location and utter lack anyone for miles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

I do wonder how that chimney hasn't been dynamited shut yet. having a hole any random thing/person could fall 1100 ft down a shaft being just open to sky is just /sus. probably the only think keeping this from being a thing is the location and utter lack anyone for miles.
That shit is 1000000% not my thing. I read a story of a spelunker who died upside down. No one could get to him and he died in pain and alone in the dark. What's there to see in there anyway? Just more rock.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That shit is 1000000% not my thing. I read a story of a spelunker who died upside down. No one could get to him and he died in pain and alone in the dark. What's there to see in there anyway? Just more rock.
There is definitely some beauty in natural caving while still being slightly less/differently insane. but yeh, inside an old mine in CA? faults, degrading supports, 110 yr old dynamite all say hells to the no.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

On November 24, 2009, a man named John Edward Jones died in the cave after being trapped inside for 28 hours.[5] Whilst exploring with his brother, Jones mistook a narrow tunnel for the similarly tight "Birth Canal" passageway and became stuck upside-down in an area measuring 10 by 18 inches, around 400 feet from the cave's entrance. A large team of rescue workers came to his assistance but were unable to retrieve Jones using a sophisticated rope-and-pulley system after a pulley failed mid-extrication. Jones ultimately suffered cardiac arrest due to the strain placed upon his body over several hours by his inverted, compressed position. Rescuers concluded that it would be too dangerous to attempt to retrieve his body; the landowner and Jones' family came to an agreement that the cave would be permanently closed with the body sealed inside, as a memorial to Jones.[5] Explosives were used to collapse the ceiling close to Jones' body, and the entrance hole was filled with concrete to prevent further access.[6] A film about the tragedy called The Last Descent was released on September 16, 2016.

These take the cake for being batshit crazy. Underwater cave divers;

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users