The Video Thread

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This tech would be awesome for actual useful shit, like highlighting parts of an engine and break down how it all fits together for when you gotta replace an alternator or something.

That kind of thinking would further the revolutionization of our world pretty quick.

Fucker

Log Wizard
This tech would be awesome for actual useful shit, like highlighting parts of an engine and break down how it all fits together for when you gotta replace an alternator or something.

That woman needs to get beaten to death with a clothes iron.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That kind of thinking would further the revolutionization of our world pretty quick.
ikea-ikea-guy.gif

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure if thee 007 pause music, Darktide Warhammer 40K song Immortal Imperium, or The Freeport Docks music the are my favorite video game songs ever. Probably II since I listen to the shit in the car!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if thee 007 pause music, Darktide Warhammer 40K song Immortal Imperium, or The Freeport Docks music the are my favorite video game songs ever. Probably II since I listen to the shit in the car!

Speaking of Everquest, my wife and I cannot talk about Everquest without one of us saying "Fuck the boats" and telling a story about how awful there were.

Random video I probably won't watch;

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They already have it for mechanics. Below is Porsche when they very first started using them five years ago. Was just a video playing while you work on it. Really helpful too, but now they are at the Augmented Reality part where the computer keeps track of screws etc.

The problem is of course the pricing. Not only are the glasses themselves expensive. But each manufacturer is sold separately by these companies, if they even have it. Then to compound the issue - a good mechanic may only use it once or twice every two or three weeks. "Alldata" for example, gives you a full overview of the screws, where they go, how it should align with the other parts etc. That program is one sole program, for all brands, and also does the calculations for hours needed vs hours turned, writes customers tickets, and sends all that data to a program like Dealertrack or Quickbooks. Alldata is dirt cheap in comparison to the AR glasses. Though Im sure for training, its an invaluable tool to have.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
They already have it for mechanics. Below is Porsche when they very first started using them five years ago. Was just a video playing while you work on it. Really helpful too, but now they are at the Augmented Reality part where the computer keeps track of screws etc.

The problem is of course the pricing. Not only are the glasses themselves expensive. But each manufacturer is sold separately by these companies, if they even have it. Then to compound the issue - a good mechanic may only use it once or twice every two or three weeks. "Alldata" for example, gives you a full overview of the screws, where they go, how it should align with the other parts etc. That program is one sole program, for all brands, and also does the calculations for hours needed vs hours turned, writes customers tickets, and sends all that data to a program like Dealertrack or Quickbooks. Alldata is dirt cheap in comparison to the AR glasses. Though Im sure for training, its an invaluable tool to have.

That's awesome

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
never saw the full video

bitch in the middle is complaining about a broken nail? haha

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 5 users