The Video Thread

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WTF is the point of that interview? Dr. Phil is such a fucking hack

there's a lot going on in that interview... most of it is pretty subtle. i don't really like dr phil, but this interview doesn't demonstrate he's a hack, per se. well, it does, but not for the obvious reasons. first off, he's a hack because he's trying to monetize a mental health issue that resulted in a woman's death. that kid has probably been interviewed all day long by criminal psychologists trying to figure out what happened and what to do with him, as part of the investigation. Dr. Phil is just trying to get people to watch him.

his interview style though, is pretty on point. you first want to criticize him for all these close-ended, leading questions. generally that's a bad idea, but when you are dealing with someone with limited intelligence, open-ended questions won't actually go anywhere. they NEED guidance or they will freeze. secondly, the KINDS of questions he's asking is also pretty on point for what kinds of questions he WOULD be asked during the investigation. dr phil is just demonstrating what that interview would look like.

again, on the surface, you easily want to ask what the point is, and it's just to get viewers. that's it. but getting a little deeper, those are the kinds of questions that you'd ask someone in that position after meeting them for the first time. but you'd ask them with the intent of getting a better idea of what kind of treatment he would need, except dr phil has no jurisdiction on that and isn't going to do any follow-up sessions so it's a waste of time.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Been hooked watching these flight sim recreations of plane crashes/mishaps. I'd not heard about this particular incident, but holy fuck how did the captain survive this.

my uncle died in this one before I was born