The Video Thread

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Masterful engineering this:
Tesla's car battery went dead, so he had to spend an hour, just to access it, and get it on a trickle charger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Masterful engineering this:
Tesla's car battery went dead, so he had to spend an hour, just to access it, and get it on a trickle charger.

Really makes you wonder how much designers either hate or dont give a damn about the end user. So many cars with mind boggling what the fuck design choices when it comes to user servicing components that will very likely need servicing.

For example the Chrysler 200. You need to take a fucking tire off to change the battery;

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really makes you wonder how much designers either hate or dont give a damn about the end user. So many cars with mind boggling what the fuck design choices when it comes to user servicing components that will very likely need servicing.

For example the Chrysler 200. You need to take a fucking tire off to change the battery;

You're probably not wrong but to me it felt more like a "how many of our buyers are going to be in positions where they don't drive this for X weeks/months for the problem to manifest?" oversight.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You're probably not wrong but to me it felt more like a "how many of our buyers are going to be in positions where they don't drive this for X weeks/months for the problem to manifest?" oversight.

It doesn't even take that. My wife and I work from home and the kids ride a bike to school so we drive our cars only a handful of miles a week in sub-mile increments. If we don't use drip chargers the batteries discharge in a month or less.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i'm not kidding, as soon as you started my mind IMMEDIATELY went to my old dodge stratus when my battery died. i was friends with some guys who literally grew up in a garage, so they always helped up car plebes with whatever minor issue we might have. i was outside for an hour trying to figure out how to remove the battery before he came over and was like... oh... you have one of "those" models.

joz123

Potato del Grande

My mom had a Chrysler Sebring and mechanics had to take out the engine to get to her battery. Stupid company.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users