The Video Thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Factory farms are such downers. I don't mind the thought of a cow in a pasture being a cow and doing cow things until it takes a captured bolt pistol to the head. That's how we do things 'round these parts. We should all be so lucky to go so quickly.

But those huge scale operations are real horrorshow.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Guys, they're fucking chickens. I grew up ringing the heads off them and tossing the heads in a hole in the ground.

Callous_sl

shitlord
That automated milking carousel is nothing but beneficial. The cows go to that building on their own because they actually enjoy being milked and they know that's where it happens. Typically they'll get washed, milked, it checks their health, and it scans a tag on them so the people involved will know if a cow has been skipping and they can go find it and figure out why. As you can see, the carousel is designed for a cow to go into it, gets milked for the amount of time it takes for it to make a rotation, and the cow is shoved out when it's done. When they're not in the carousel they're in a comfortably large field where they can graze, and the automated system is no different from bringing them into a barn and putting them in a pen while someone milks them by hand, except that it's far more efficient.

Siliconemelons

I honestly thought the chicken scooper machine was a cool contraption to suck up a chicken and put it in a line with out squishing etc ... I like the one chicken is like "fuck this I am outta here..." then gets booted back into the pack.

Its obviously asia (that or our farm factories hire 100% Asian?) where that was filmed... I am very surprised at how clean the chicken and pork facilities where, they alternated knives for the cutting so the knives where sterilized for each cut etc etc.

We shouldn't torture the poor animals, automatic chicken head cutters etc seem mean but its the same as just popping it off yourself... now when those machines constantly misscut etc etc then there are problems etc etc

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Building food facilities like those shown is what I do for a living, and I can tell you that chicken processing plant is top of the line compared to your average American plant. I would have a hard time describing our poultry facilities in comparison to one shown it's night and day difference for the worse. I have stopped working in poultry the constant cutting of corners and not being willing or able to spend the money necessary to do it right it's just something I no longer want to be a part of. Companies take confidentiality agreements seriously enough that I'd get sued rather quickly but I'd love to show you guys the condition of some of our nations food plants, would make you sick.

Video unrelated

mksman_sl

shitlord
Guys, they're fucking chickens. I grew up ringing the heads off them and tossing the heads in a hole in the ground.
^^ +1

I believe that everyone that eats meat should have to butcher their own meat at least once in their lifetime. It adds perspective and appreciation for what you have.

- The Carnivore

Video unrelated:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
^^ +1

I believe that everyone that eats meat should have to butcher their own meat at least once in their lifetime. It adds perspective and appreciation for what you have.

- The Carnivore

Video unrelated:
Am I the only child of the 90s who thought of this video as soon as he watched that Eagle vid?

i remember when jamie oliver created a holy shitstorm by butchering a lamb on his show. it was that basic concept; 'you eat meat, you oughtta acknowledge that this happens"... but people still freaked, and not just vegans.

EDIT: This video contains a lot of disturbing content and may be considered NSFW. It's purely for educational purposes and is not meant to endorse the harm or endangerment of animals.

Well since we're on the topic, Joaquin Phoenix produced and narrated this documentary:

It's lengthy, but I am surprised that he decided to upload it free on YouTube considering it's a halfway decent watch even if I don't entirely agree with everything the film expresses. I think some of you may find it interesting nonetheless.

Again, just to clarify this isn't me pushing some animal rights agenda down your throats. I just thought since we're on the topic I'd share this with any of you who may not have seen this yet. Thanks, guys.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just thought since we're on the topic I'd share this with any of you who may not have seen this yet. Thanks, guys.
Fuck you man, that shit was horrible.
frown.png
frown.png
I clicked in the middle to watch a few scenes from it and felt sick to my stomach.