The Video Thread

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats gotta be someone trying their best to get as much aluminum out at the first stop as they can. EPA will eat them alive if they arent careful.

Uncle owns a recycling company that has locations in VA / NC / WV / NY. His main location has a shredder that will eat that car in under a minute, then magnets that pick up all the ferrous materials. The non-ferrous materials and the trash go into some tank like contraption and a conveyor type of system brings up the Aluminum etc. from the bottom of the tank while the trash is scooped into a different recycling process (if at all). The ferrous, non-ferrous, and even the plastic are all ran through their own shredders and washers that will break them down even further and will be separated further depending on their grade.

A bunch of that shit goes over my head. But back in the 90's, I remember going to his first location and it being.. really just a "Junk Yard" and another company would come in and buy his premium scrap. He would stockpile metals anytime prices fell and would sell when they got high again. Really proud that he's part of my family, seeing him take his grandfather's business (same grandma, different grandpa) to what its become.

I'd post a picture of it way back, but out of all of us - there isnt a single picture of the place thats been digitized that I see, now that Im looking for one.

There are videos of his place I could show, but would rather just show one from one of his suppliers. Really interesting to see how they've came so far.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users