The Video Thread

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know if you watch Joe Rogan but there's an episode of JRE where Joe and Ron White discuss DMT and both agree it's not something you should just do. Ron explains his experience with it and how it made him sick.
Don't generally like JRE interviews, so no, but I know Rogan has been hardcore into psychedelics for longer than I have probably been alive. So I would defiantly take notice of anything he says about them. Doesn't he generally agree (or at least not challenge them) with his guests to keep the conversation rolling? So I wonder if that was his true stance or not.

I've only read about it effects on Erowid and through some stoner friends talking about how they wanted to try it, because of how vivid it was supposed to be. Then word about Ayahuasca started making the rounds and interest in straight DMT started to kind of fade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
How’s that? Are most commercial jets primarily flown on autopilot with a human pilot as backup?

Yes, though aviation autopilot isn't as auto as you'd think. Basically the human pilots fly by giving instructions to the computer controlling the plane rather than controlling the plane by hand.

The reason Tesla tries to bill their current driver assist tech as "Autopilot" is because they hide behind the technical comparison to aviation systems despite that it doesn't do what a layperson assumes it does.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
How’s that? Are most commercial jets primarily flown on autopilot with a human pilot as backup?
Yes. Pilots only have to fulfill a certain amount of hours per month of manual flying, otherwise they use autopilot. Autopilot on planes can do the take off, landing, and flying once you input the data.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Autopilot on planes can do the take off, landing, and flying once you input the data.
Not exactly, but Soon™:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly, but Soon™:

hopefully ready before DEI has ruined too much

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
DMT can suposedly be harvested from a few different plants, a few different ways, at least according to an old stoner friend. That shit seems like it's not something a person should jump into, even if it's easier to make yourself than other psychedelics though.

Everytime I hear about DMT I think of Joe Rogans early shows talking about it coming from cadavers.

I can't find the video but it was around 2014 or earlier. Could have been some random interview not JRE and he talks about how illegal it is, and how the stuff he took was from a cadaver but then talks about how it's found in grass

Last edited:
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Everytime I hear about DMT I think of Joe Rogans early shows talking about it coming from cadavers.

I can't find the video but it was around 2014 or earlier. Could have been some random interview not JRE and he talks about how illegal it is, and how the stuff he took was from a cadaver but then talks about how it's found in grass
I also remember being told it came from the adrenal gland of humans sometime in the 2000s but then a few years later it was "no no that's Adrenochrome" and DMT that you get on the black market comes from various plants (even if it could be done, why would someone source corpses, when plants are so much easier). That was right around the same time I was told Rogan has a sensory deprivation tank that he does psychedelics in. Also, his search for DMT stuff might have been responsible for bringing visibility to Ayahuasca in the US.

That said, DMT is produced in animals too and it is found at very low levels in various brain and nervous tissues. Afaik, research into where it is actually produced in the human body is still inconclusive (source: section 1.2 in this paper and this paper on rabbit pineal glands).

Unfortunately, the Adrenochrome shit stuck with the nutters, but now it's not from cadavers, it's only from children as they are dying in terror, which is fucking ridiculous.

Pretty sure Rogan built his own, but here is the most concise video I found on sensory deprivation tanks (the first item he talks about), plus a couple other things:

Last edited: