The Video Thread

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I want to see that movie now considering I am not so sure it is a "myth".

Something everyone needs = food

Food supply around the world now is pretty much 100% connected to oil

Oil is a limited resource, reduction in oil production will have an impact on food availability. Food availability will have an impact on the population.

We have electric cars and such, but nowhere near the "electric" or "biofuel" transport devices (trucks, boats, planes) needed to uphold the transport network needed to keep the food deliveries the same as they are now without oil, and not sure if any of those things are in the making at the moment either. So far we seem happy with a few Tesla personal transport cars.

Hence the "over" part in overpopulation, is tied to the resources required.

Same with other resources. If we are to look at what we would ideally like to have, equal rights for everyone in the world, but there isn't enough "stuff". Not everyone in the world can get a car, TV, iphone and a PS4/Xbox. It is a noble goal to say out loud, but an impossibility in practice. If China or India were to become the new growth/consumer nations in the world, then the west would be the ones who would have to go down in product availability to be able to supply them.

I tend to see reason with the writings of Daniel Quinn, as he makes quite a few good points in his books (though few to no answers, but he certainly teaches you to raise questions).

Unrelated to this, but a guy who probably shares Grims mindset.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Oil and natural gas production world-wide are at an all time high and growing faster than ever before. Peak oil in our lifetime is unlikely, giving us more than enough time and fossil fuels to transition into reliable and efficient renewable energy sources. Stop wolfing down alarmist leftist propaganda and open your eyes, sheep.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Oil and natural gas production world-wide are at an all time high and growing faster than ever before. Peak oil in our lifetime is unlikely, giving us more than enough time and fossil fuels to transition into reliable and efficient renewable energy sources. Stop wolfing down alarmist leftist propaganda and open your eyes, sheep.
o_O

Production yes, FINDINGS ... no. For instance, the largest deposit since the 70s that they found outside of Brazil a few years ago would be consumed in around 90 days with todays consumption. Us using more oil isn't taking away from the peak oil theory at all.... This coming from a Norwegian, an oil nation.

IE: OPEC in 1984 I think it was issued an order saying that nations were only allowed to produced oil based on the oil quantities they had available (to keep oil production, availability and prices in check). Can easily find stats that show the "available" resources of said nations then shot into the air.

Or Saudi Arabia, who said they had 270 some trillion i think it was, barrels of oil. Who last time I checked said they had the same number (actually a bit more). Obviously a lie since they are now pumping from areas that are far more expensive to extract oil from, but say they have it so they are allowed to keep the production as high, to keep the income equal.

Did you take the blue pill as a suppository or something if you honestly believe oil availability isn't shrinking? Lol.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Compare the "available" oil numbers floating around in the 80's, when the peak oil paranoia started, with actual production today. Estimates of "available" oil reserves are grossly inaccurate and severely underestimate reserves. Growth in oil production means just that: we are finding more oil and technology is improving to capture more oil. Being alarmed about running out while we have a glut of production is idiotic.

CeNo65_sl

shitlord
Wait wait wait this song isntEveandGwen Stefani

rrr_img_67369.jpg

rrr_img_67370.jpg