The Video Thread

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
If I ever meet this guy on the street, I'm going to find a very small hole in a very sturdy brick wall and get some people to help re-enact his birth.

Seriously, the QUANTITY of regulation has NEVER been the problem. And that seems to be the point of this video. "Look at how much regulation we added! I'll stack some things up because stacking things up makes it look like we have a lot of bad things." Speaking as someone who worked in the FORECLOSURE DEPARTMENT of one of the major banks during the mortgage meltdown, I can tell you first hand that DEREGULATION is a bad thing.

Sure. Not all regulations are good and not all federal agencies imposing them are run well (some are run terribly). But the spirit behind deregulation is, "Corporations will do the right thing and whatever problems there are, the market will just sort them out." Which is bullshit. It's the biggest crock of bullshit you could ever imagine.

Right now, corporations pay truck-loads of money to get into bed with politicians so that they (the corporations) can get away with as much as they want to. They get away with a lot of shit, but they still get stopped from overtly doing ridiculous shit. Imagine a world where there wasn't even THAT protection in place. We're already pretty close to that world and it's a scary thought.

So when you see some jackhole preaching to the masses about how much regulation we have and implying it's inherently bad without giving any facts or examples... yeah... that guy can go glue himself to himself.

Zastlyn

Peasant
You're getting old.
Aww.... fuck you
frown.png

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Well done rebuttal though. Quality of American airline services post Reagan deregulation is another rich area for counterpoints. /leftfield
rrr_img_75998.jpg

Grimsark

If I ever meet this guy on the street, I'm going to find a very small hole in a very sturdy brick wall and get some people to help re-enact his birth.

Seriously, the QUANTITY of regulation has NEVER been the problem. And that seems to be the point of this video. "Look at how much regulation we added! I'll stack some things up because stacking things up makes it look like we have a lot of bad things." Speaking as someone who worked in the FORECLOSURE DEPARTMENT of one of the major banks during the mortgage meltdown, I can tell you first hand that DEREGULATION is a bad thing.

Sure. Not all regulations are good and not all federal agencies imposing them are run well (some are run terribly). But the spirit behind deregulation is, "Corporations will do the right thing and whatever problems there are, the market will just sort them out." Which is bullshit. It's the biggest crock of bullshit you could ever imagine.

Right now, corporations pay truck-loads of money to get into bed with politicians so that they (the corporations) can get away with as much as they want to. They get away with a lot of shit, but they still get stopped from overtly doing ridiculous shit. Imagine a world where there wasn't even THAT protection in place. We're already pretty close to that world and it's a scary thought.

So when you see some jackhole preaching to the masses about how much regulation we have and implying it's inherently bad without giving any facts or examples... yeah... that guy can go glue himself to himself.
The problem with circular logic is that it provides the answer it wants and then begs for an unsolvable question... Like a do 'while' loop with an unreachable 'break' statement.

Grimsark posts political shit in these threads all the time just to troll. Don't fall for it. Be better than that.
Some horses are destine for death by dehydration... Damn that troll handing out the water!

(unrelated)

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with circular logic is that it provides the answer it wants and then begs for an unsolvable question... Like a do 'while' loop with an unreachable 'break' statement.
You probably think that was such a witty response. You realize you never argued why his statement used circular logic?

here's some circular logic for you:

1. Having lots of regulations is bad
2. We have lots of regulations
3. Therefore, having lots of regulations is bad.

Everything you post makes perfect sense given your own belief in stupid axioms (like 1, above), but nobody else agrees with your assumptions so it's all bullshit to us.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This guy fucking nailed it. The problem isn't the rating system, is how they use it and for what.

AVP, Die hard 4, terminator salvation....pure fuckin bullshit.
Not saying every R movie is good (terminator 3 lol) but when you downgrade a movie, of course it's going to suck