The Video Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
because a lot of homeless people are homeless because they have mental issues, over here 2 years ago they had a homeless guy walking around with no shoes on in the cold weather and a cop found him and spent his own cash to buy him a pair of boots so as he can at least keep his feet warm. so everything is good, right?

Homeless Man Says He??Ts Grateful for Boots but He??Ts Barefoot Again - NYTimes.com

these people need to be put somewhere where they can be treated, but there just isnt enough space for everyone.
Yeah like a giant gas chamber.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Yeah like a giant gas chamber.
How do people not understand that giving a homeless man a $100 pair of boots makes him a target to other homeless or criminals? He even said he could get murdered for that shit. And people are surprised that their best intentions were misguided and useless? I bet you get alot more donations as well if you are barefoot as opposed to some nice boots.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How do people not understand that giving a homeless man a $100 pair of boots makes him a target to other homeless or criminals? He even said he could get murdered for that shit. And people are surprised that their best intentions were misguided and useless? I bet you get alot more donations as well if you are barefoot as opposed to some nice boots.
you assume that he would keep those boots in mint condition. would you rather go barefoot because you are afraid you will get murdered for your shoes or would you dip your new boots in mud and dirt and have great new boots that nobody will ever steal from you?

oh and there is this.

Barefoot Homeless Man, Jeffery Hillman, Not Actually Homeless And Owns 30 Pairs Of Shoes [PHOTO, VIDEO]

The homeless man whose image went viral after an NYPD officer bought him a pair of shoes in Times Square last fall is neither homeless nor barefoot.

The Rev. John Graf, who pays Jeffery Hillman's utility bills for his Bronx apartment, told the New York Post the U.S. Army veteran has been panhandling for more than 10 years, taking in $1,000 a day, and owns 30 pairs of shoes.

A New York Post reporter spotted 54-year-old Hillman panhandling in Midtown Manhattan with a sign that read "homeless" on Sixth Avenue without shoes on. Hillman told the Post he has an apartment and shoes but chooses to take them off when he begs.

"I choose not to wear the shoes. Is that a crime? No! My feet haven't fallen off yet," he told the paper.

When asked if his appearance was unfair and deceptive, Hillman said, "I'm not robbing anybody. It's Wall Street. It's the people in these buildings."

An idea of how much Hillman makes was seen Sunday night when a separate New York Post reporter spotted him in the subway counting a large wad of cash.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told CBS that Officer Larry DePrimo might have been fooled into believing Hillman was genuinely homeless. The officer bought Hillman a pair of $100 all-weather boots, and the image of the exchange went viral.

"That's life in New York in terms of people who try to scam us. We know that that happens," Kelly told the news outlet.

But Hillman denies he scammed DePrimo. "I sure didn't force him to do it, sir," told CBS.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the better question is how do people not realize that giving anything to the homeless is fucking RETARDED. They're a scourge wherever they go.