The War of the Worlds

Siliconemelons

There was...what I think some other war of the worlds TV show...movie... thing.

I was a kid, so late 80s early 90s...

I only remember a vague odd scene...

It was this chick... nude...(or close to it?) And she was in this like padded cell..alien looking room and certain like segments of the wall (kinda grey?) Would bust open with alien hands or something trying to grab her and she was all screaming...

I remember it because it was a small short scene..I was young...I seem to recall nudity...and it was odd that my parents where watching it and didn't seem to care that I was watching it also...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There was...what I think some other war of the worlds TV show...movie... thing.

I was a kid, so late 80s early 90s...

I only remember a vague odd scene...

It was this chick... nude...(or close to it?) And she was in this like padded cell..alien looking room and certain like segments of the wall (kinda grey?) Would bust open with alien hands or something trying to grab her and she was all screaming...

I remember it because it was a small short scene..I was young...I seem to recall nudity...and it was odd that my parents where watching it and didn't seem to care that I was watching it also...

The 80’s show was awesome for the time. I watched it religiously as a kid. Quite a bit of gore and action for a TV show , but those were the good ole days. Think there were only two seasons, and the second season was a post-apocalyptic setting where the martians had taken over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
I’ve watched four episodes and don’t love it. Way more focused on the people and so far just shown alien DARPA dogs. Lots of people getting murked but still not a lot of “war of the worlds.”

Watched all 8, DARPA dogs are as close to aliens as it gets. Not recommended I would say.

Gonna watch the BBC one next, was waiting to find part 3 but after reading above, I think i have the whole thing in 2 recordings...

Oldbased

> Than U
Considering lack of decent TV for me at this point of having seen far too much junk the past 4 months, I found this fairly decent especially since it is a free week for Epix and it cost nothing. It was a good way to kill the afternoon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 of the Epix series (whichever one that is) is out. The one with Gabriel Byrne and the DARPA robo-dogs. I'm watching it now.

Spoiler, sort of, but it'll probably just get you more interested:

They put a REALLY interesting spin on the aliens in this version. Turns out they're human or at least appear to be genetically very similar, like in Prometheus. I don't know how they're gonna explain it but I have to say it's really grabbed my attention. Did we originally come from somewhere else and the invaders are people from that place in the modern era, here to claim Earth? Did uber-ancient people go into the stars somehow and this is them returning? Who freaking knows at this point. I'm glad Season 2 exists because S1 just leaves you on a huge cliffhanger and I honestly figured that'd be the end of the show. It's cool that it does something new with the idea. Super-weird that we got two WOTW shows at the same time though. I hear the BBC one isn't very good but YMMV sort of thing. I'll probably watch that too eventually. The Epix one is pretty slow but it's a good watch.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched half of the Epix version Season 2 (it's 8 episodes) and...it's a lot less interesting than Season 1. The aliens are now mostly just weird human invaders instead of the robot-dogs, maybe to save on budget. With the robot dogs mostly-gone, so goes the scare factor.

The show really does feel like Walking Dead now. Just a lot of Survivors, walking around, talking, walking, Surviving, etc.

I assume it'll pick up eventually as the season goes on if I'm still with it. If you like Walking Dead you'll like this, if you find it boring...yeah. The first season showed a lot of promise but it too showed early signs of being a TWD clone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone watched S3 of the Epix series (think it's on Amazon Prime now)?

Tempted to check it out because S1 was so good. But S2 was SO BORING. So I don't know which one S3 will be more like. I mainly don't want to spend the time on it if it sucks, so I'm gonna pass on this one unless someone else has checked it out and can confirm that it's actually good.