The War Z, out for Steam now

Delly

Trakanon Raider
http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map

This article amuses me. Also, lots of math.

Edit

Wow this is just getting better and better.http://justpressstart.net/war-z-deve...-in-a-scandal/

Statement from Valve -

"From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

Again, we apologize any inconvenience."

xzi

Mouthbreather
Someone linked this video in the other WarZ thread.. it was made by Sergey Titov - the EP of the company that made WarZ

It has the lowest score ever given on Gamespot, and this game that was made 10 years ago.. he used the same textures in War Z

*golfclap*

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The really amusing part for me is that the game is honestly just about as good as DayZ at this point. The overpromising/lying on the Steam page was pretty goddamn shady, but it's certainly playable currently and even has a few advantages over DayZ (looking at you not-terrible UI/inventory management). It remains to be seen if the global inventory storage thing is good or bad, as I kind of fear it reaching critical mass for a lot of people and killing the survival aspect as you'll eventually build up so much back stock of items that there is little need to go scrounging anymore. Hell, I've got like 6 hours on it and already have half a dozen weapons, some backpacks, food/ammo etc stored for when I die again.

The cash shop part of it is a complete farce and anyone actually playing/looking to play the game just needs to pretend it doesn't exist.

Dis

Confirmed Male
The really amusing part for me is that the game is honestly just about as good as DayZ at this point. The overpromising/lying on the Steam page was pretty goddamn shady, but it's certainly playable currently and even has a few advantages over DayZ (looking at you not-terrible UI/inventory management). It remains to be seen if the global inventory storage thing is good or bad, as I kind of fear it reaching critical mass for a lot of people and killing the survival aspect as you'll eventually build up so much back stock of items that there is little need to go scrounging anymore. Hell, I've got like 6 hours on it and already have half a dozen weapons, some backpacks, food/ammo etc stored for when I die again.

The cash shop part of it is a complete farce and anyone actually playing/looking to play the game just needs to pretend it doesn't exist.
Not to mention the company calling its customer base "liars" and in a not so direct way "comprehension-challenged". The other problem seems to be mass bannings that are completely unexplained. From what I understand the game engine is pretty old as well. Whole thing comes off like a scam to me. Zynga games may as well have developed WarZ, at least people would know what they are in for.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's quite obvious a complete DayZ ripoff, which I was fine with to a certain extent, as some parts of DayZ just infuriate me (all of them having to do with how shit the arma2 engine is) and if they could provide the same pvp/survival aspect with less annoying controls/interface then great.. But yea, the guys running the show are obvious scum.

The banning thing was...amusing. They had/have no real anti-cheat engine that anyone can tell, so their "solution" was to place a bunch of the best high-end guns/backpacks etc in locations that, in theory, could only be reached via hacks (teleports, noclip, speedhack, whatever). They then waiting a couple of days and banned everyone that picked up the bait. This is of course not taking in to account the fact that you can climb almost any building/mountain/vertical surface with a lot of jump spamming and etc, standard wall climbing in every shitty engine filled with invisible walls ever, so a ton of people got axed that weren't actually modifying the game in any way. They were just doing what all of us do in every game (finding ways to get where you want to be).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seriously, the levels of butthurt over this game are reaching critical mass.

I find the idea that people can spend 5$ on stupid cosmetic things like masks and firefighter helmets only to have me gun them down and take them from them absolutely hilarious.