The West Wing

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
so does that mean they were topical? Because I almost did a spit take about the half pay shit. Like why the fuck didn't that get resolved then?
Yeah, there's quite a few storylines that were topical. They were definitely pulling from recent headlines for certain things.

This is a good show but such a fantasy. Almost everyone is full of integrity; it's the kind of government you could believe in even if you disagreed with the politics. Not at all like reality!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, there's quite a few storylines that were topical. They were definitely pulling from recent headlines for certain things.

This is a good show but such a fantasy. Almost everyone is full of integrity; it's the kind of government you could believe in even if you disagreed with the politics. Not at all like reality!
yeah I am more right leaning which may be why I didn't watch it first run but I decided to watch it for story not politics.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
some great use of music in this show also. fuckin north korean piano player getting denied asylum was as good as it gets for music in tv. also the josh PTSD episode, and many others

Last edited:

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You just know a lot of shitlibs decided to work on a campaign for a Democrat President thinking it would be just like the West Wing.

A lot of women and low T men do things not because they want to improve society, but just because it's a lifesfyle aesthetic. "Wow! I will be more popular if I was in the real life version of the West Wing!"

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NECRO TIME!

I am not sure why/how I missed this show when it first came out but I finally got around to watching it now. I'm mid-way through the 1st season but could tell by the 2nd episode that this was a good series. I know it's left leaning but I try to watch it for the writing not the politics. I do have a question for anyone who watched it when it originally ran, was the politics shown on it topical at the time or just random?

One of the episodes was about the teamsters threatening to strike over full time and half time pay rates, that is an episode from 1999 that was headlines last month with UPS.
Aaron Sorkin is a shitlib, but he can write dialogue like no one else.
West Wing, Studio 60, the Newsroom, Sportsnight to name a few.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
some great use of music in this show also. fuckin north korean piano player getting denied asylum was as good as it gets for music in tv. also the josh PTSD episode, and many others
Just finished the PTSD episode, so good.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just finished the episode with Ms Lanahan and her new car. Man fuck this show, I am not supposed to be sad about a bit character that's barely on the damn thing. Actually that's the mark of a good show. How the hell did I miss this the 1st time around. Wow right in the feels!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just finished the episode with Ms Lanahan and her new car. Man fuck this show, I am not supposed to be sad about a bit character that's barely on the damn thing. Actually that's the mark of a good show. How the hell did I miss this the 1st time around. Wow right in the feels!

That episode wrecked me. That's the one with Bartlett in the national cathedral yelling at God, right? He did that in one take. Amazing acting held up by outstanding writing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
That episode wrecked me. That's the one with Bartlett in the national cathedral yelling at God, right? He did that in one take. Amazing acting held up by outstanding writing.
I haven't seen that yet so I'm guessing it's the next one (season 2 finale)? No what got me was the causal back and forth about what she paid for the car, her first new car ever and the black kid holding the phone in shock cuz drunk driver hit & killed her. Damn that's some good writing.

Also the show in general makes you wish the government really worked like that.

• 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fantastic show, and I pretty much hate liberals.

And yeah, all of government wished they were like that damn show.

What shocks and pisses me off is it is so damn old and most of the episodes are relevant now. Nothing has been fixed, nothing has been solved, and the fucking same themes and screenwriters are just cribbing to write the bullshit narratives that are going on in the real world today.

I am tired of this universe, I want to go back to before the large hardon collider got turned on.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Fantastic show, and I pretty much hate liberals.

And yeah, all of government wished they were like that damn show.

What shocks and pisses me off is it is so damn old and most of the episodes are relevant now. Nothing has been fixed, nothing has been solved, and the fucking same themes and screenwriters are just cribbing to write the bullshit narratives that are going on in the real world today.

I am tired of this universe, I want to go back to before the large hardon collider got turned on.
Same thing hit me when I necroed.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show is amazing but season 2 finale is when it really hits its stride. Season 1 finale was amazing too, season 2 had a lot of good episodes, but seasons 3 and 4 were where I found myself just binging the show.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The show is amazing but season 2 finale is when it really hits its stride. Season 1 finale was amazing too, season 2 had a lot of good episodes, but seasons 3 and 4 were where I found myself just binging the show.
Yeah I'm 3-4 episodes in season 3 now. I have honeydo chores to take care of today that didn't get done as I'm sitting on the couch watching this show. I'll blame the chemo, it worked last time! Lol