The X-Files

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Been rewatching the xfiles from start to finish all the first 9 seasons. The overall Alien plot is pretty solid for the first 6-7 seasons, but get progressively dragged out and boring, with the smoking man surviving over and over. The standalone adventures are very hit or miss, some are kinda interesting, some are just weird, and some are downright silly, where they poke fun at themselves. Overall an ok watch, same elements as in newer shows like black mirror

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been rewatching the xfiles from start to finish all the first 9 seasons. The overall Alien plot is pretty solid for the first 6-7 seasons, but get progressively dragged out and boring, with the smoking man surviving over and over. The standalone adventures are very hit or miss, some are kinda interesting, some are just weird, and some are downright silly, where they poke fun at themselves. Overall an ok watch, same elements as in newer shows like black mirror
The one with the mutant rednecks is still genuinely disturbing.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Totally ignored this show when it was first on, but started watching them on Netflix recently. I'm about midway through Season 4, and while there are obviously some shitty episodes the good is definitely outweighing the bad. I considered googling the Mythology episodes as I initially got really into that storyline, but figured I'd just watch from start to finish. I hear I am coming up on the shit part of the series though (S6+).

While the Mythology is the best part (in my opinion), there were definitely some stellar Monster of the Week/standalone episodes. Home, The Host, Ice, Jose Chung's from Outer Space come to mind.

Yeah it peaks at Season 4-5. Season 6 is still decent but you can tell they're starting to run out of ideas and steam. Its also when they move production from Vancouver to LA so everything is much sunnier and brighter which takes away from the show.

I'd recommend watching through end of Season 6. Put it away at end of S6 and you'll be much happier about having watched this show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chris Cater is a hack, any new ideas would be an improvement.

I think he got too much sidetracked with side projects like Millenium, The Lone Gunmen and Harsh Realm. While both TLG and HR were unremarkable, Millenium was very interesting and I get that late 90' TV wasn't the time you would say no to anything if you were him, but maybe he should have sticked with Millenium and let XFiles die down with season 6.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember the tiny indian guy that didn't have legs but would roll around on a skateboard to get places. I'm pretty sure he had something to do with aliens. Or maybe he was just a weird looking dude that was what they guessed was the bad guy, but turned out not to be. I don't remember that much about that episode.

The truth is out there.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think he got too much sidetracked with side projects like Millenium, The Lone Gunmen and Harsh Realm. While both TLG and HR were unremarkable, Millenium was very interesting and I get that late 90' TV wasn't the time you would say no to anything if you were him, but maybe he should have sticked with Millenium and let XFiles die down with season 6.
Millennium was really good imo. I did sort of like the one season of the Lone Gunmen but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Also after season 6 just consider it something like the Twilight Zone with monster of the week stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I remember the tiny indian guy that didn't have legs but would roll around on a skateboard to get places. I'm pretty sure he had something to do with aliens. Or maybe he was just a weird looking dude that was what they guessed was the bad guy, but turned out not to be. I don't remember that much about that episode.

The truth is out there.

That was one of the weirder standalone episodes. The dude was supposedly some indian mystic who travelled around by crawling into peoples bodies, he travels from india to us seemingly without any purpose other than continue crawling into bodies