They Cloned Tyrone (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: They Cloned Tyrone (2023)

Tagline: Damn...

Genre: Science Fiction, Comedy, Mystery

Director: Juel Taylor

Cast: John Boyega, Teyonah Parris, Jamie Foxx, Jason Burkey, Joshua Mikel, J. Alphonse Nicholson, Robert Tinsley, Tamberla Perry, Jason Louder, Megan Sousa, Michael A. Dean, Trayce Malachi, Al-Teron, Adam Cronan, Shariff Earp, Eric Robinson Jr., Tangela Large

Release: 2023-07-14

Runtime: 122

Plot: A series of eerie events thrusts an unlikely trio onto the trail of a nefarious government conspiracy lurking directly beneath their neighborhood.

Caliane

this the only thread we have on this? thought, we had a longer discussion.

its out on netflix. idk, Im kindof sick and tired of the racist bullshit from netflix, and this certainly looks like its going to check all the boxes. so someone else is going to have to bite the bullet and report.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much a "Friday" movie meets a "Get Out" movie with bits of "Inception" movie in it. Black man in a white mans world with no one to blame but themselves for playing into it kind of story. Its really interesting in that they point out how they are being manipulated by white people in some tongue in cheek kind of examples. They also make it more than evident that the far fetched stories you hear are actually true kind of stuff. Just a lot of real world comparisons that you can make.

But honestly, outside of just all the bad government people being white (with afro's, lul) - it was just never more than passive aggressive racism. The most directly racist thing that was said was when a white fed was talking to another white fed, making it out like no season on the chicken and then boiling it brought out the real flavor.

Cant see the forest for the trees, cause I know Jamie Foxx is highly democratic but it just wasnt in this movie and more just an anti-government in white colors movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty fun.. Worth the watch. Barely recognized Finn from Star Wars playing a drug dealer. 👍

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Anything with John Boyega can be thrown straight in the trash

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

who are you?

Did you say the same about the DTV Amazon Prime gay romance thread? Or the threads for movies from 70s and 80s also on front page and not "movies I just watched"

At least this one has solid FOH big brain race rage bait potential. Prev similar threads get loads of engagement see the Woman King thread for proof

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
who are you?
Doesn't matter who I am but I have been around for many many years. Since the original days of EQ. During the days of Sam and before "What the hoof?!"

I mainly lurked backed then.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database