Things that grind your gears about shows/movies

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
30,000 year old vampires that act like teenagers. I have seen 30 years and no way could I ever act like I did when I was 18 again. After thousands of years I can't imagine anything happening on the teenage level being worth thinking about.
There is a weird phenomenon that happens about 5-10 years after someone retires. They do, indeed, revert back to a more teenage/childish phase. Like the world owes them for passing some sort of age marker--and fuck anyone who doesn't see things their way. It really is uncanny.

Give it 40 years. You'll be an self centered, egotistical, irresponsible asshole, that thinks the world owes him for being alive, again, don't worry.

Unless, that is, you survived some great ordeal/battle--then you become one of those old bad ass people. But that's rare.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hate all the will-they won't-they romance shit that is virtually every show.

The issue with Lost, and a lot of the other arc shows is that they made the plot too convoluted and confusing for people to follow, particularly when they disappear for weeks or even a month mid-season.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Hollywood's inability to present computers normally. Every computer is some beep boop 3D holographic super box. Or how in the future computers apparently become absurdly non-user friendly. Raised-button keyboards cease to exist, and computers are operated by typing on light or waving your arms around like a cunt.

The fact that 90% of all new shows involve cops, doctors, or lawyers.

500 year old vampires who behave like teenagers. This alone makes 99.9% of all movies/shows involving vampires terrible. A centuries-old vampire falling in love with a highschool girl is literally the dumbest thing ever imagined by anyone ever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mainly movies but super fast and tight cuts that are pure action shots. Death Race 3 is pretty bad at this.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Hollywood's inability to present computers normally. Every computer is some beep boop 3D holographic super box. Or how in the future computers apparently become absurdly non-user friendly. Raised-button keyboards cease to exist, and computers are operated by typing on light or waving your arms around like a cunt.
This goes way back to the dawn of computers, when they were just unexplainable magic genies that could do anything. The best/worst examples of course, are are movies like Terminator and Superman III where computers just magically become capable of doing way more than parsing 0s and 1s. With the advent of the home PC, that became a bit harder sell, and they kept having to jazz up what computers looked like or could do in order to make it seem like more than just an appliance you had back home.

I remember watching Jurassic Park as a kid and laughing at the end when the little girl explains "it's a UNIX system!" at the completely superfluous and unfriendly graphical system for restarting the power grid. That shit was Hackers bad.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I have tons, but here's two of the worst.

Watching a tense scene in a serious show and suddenly there's sitcom characters capering around the bottom of the fucking screen. Like, they'll literally do this during the climactic scene of the season.

The other is chambering a round when it's overdone or over used. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great menacing sound, but they manage to fuck it up so much. Example: Guy jumps out with shotgun, says "Get your hands up!" other guy refuses, guy with shotgun chambers a round loudly and yells "I said hands up!" So, he was threatening a guy with no round chambered, ok, whatever. It happens a lot.

I can't recall what movie it was, but I shit you not, a guy chambered a round 3 fucking times in a row in the same fucking scene, basically every time someone would mouth off or something. Free nets to anyone who can tell me the movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the subtler things about Loaded Weapon was they'd do the cocking/chambering sound every time someone did anything with a gun. Also, he was gun happy.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Watched new Die Hard tonight (sucked), and one scene irked me,and they do it ALL the time movies/tv:

Using binoculars to zoom in on an encampment of some sort, always military/security/works guys milling around in an open area and at least one piece of machinery, such as a forklift, tractor, or tank, rolling by. Fence always in frame.

Caliane

Tasers. Do not. Knock someone. Unconscious. That is all.
ha. that I suppose does trigger some issues I have with tv/movies.

Violence in general is totally fake.

Getting knocked out is extremely dangerous.
Its pretty common in tv/movies/games for a character to get drugged/clubbed over the head, and "wakeup" somewhere else. often tied up.
If you get knocked out in reality and are unconscious for over 2 minutes, there is like a 90% chance you will die or at least be brain dead/coma. we've all seen athletes with concussion. that is .5s of head trauma.
And anesthesiologists are paid ALOT of money to drug you, so you don't die. The measuring of drugs to knock a person out is VERY specific. The idea of gassing people and just knocking them out is nonsense. If you gas a room with 1 150 lb female, 1 210 pound male, and 1 300 lb male. lets say you use enough for the 210 lb male to get knocked out. The 150lb female will die, and the 300 lb male wont loose consciousness.

Its just a cheap and incredibly stupid means for scene transition, and getting protags captured over and over.

Every knife and gun wound to any part of the body is instantly fatal, and stops all forward motion.
Drives me nuts when someone gets stabbed once in movies, and just drops to the ground instantly. Oh, I didnt know your spinal column is in your stomach.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Drives me nuts when someone gets stabbed once in movies, and just drops to the ground instantly. Oh, I didnt know your spinal column is in your stomach.
Unless they're a principal character, in which case it takes them enough minutes to die for some final words or actions. But if you're not a principal character, you're instantly dead. Oh, or unless it's a bad guy who is about to die and needs to do something before dying. Then it might take longer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
TV shows make their action heroes too goddamned indestructible. they try to give you awesome gunfight/melee scenes, but they also make them stupidly boring because you know the hero isnt going to die and wont even be terribly wounded if he does get hurt. nobody wants the hero to die either, thats why you tune in. but is it too hard to use a little more intelligent methods of avoiding injuries/death?

this week on that fucking horrible The Following program, random cult chick plans ahead to kill kevin bacon, in thr show he has a pacemaker so she buys some super magnets at walmart beforehand so she could hatch her devious plot. she gets bacon . she uses the magnets to slow his heart down and then before he dies, BOOM! his buddy saves him in the nick of time by killing the cult chick and removing the supermagnets. 5 minutes later bacon is fine and completely shrugs the whole thing off. this shit needs to end

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the subject of violence: The 110lb super badass chick. Just...fucking no. Stop it. Unless the bitch is supposed to have super powers she's not beating up a bunch of dudes twice her size, much less knocking them out cold. There's no world where Angelina Jolie beats up a 200lb dude with lots of fighting experience.

Cyborg Santos is the scariest bitch on earth and something like 75% some sort of steroid/male hybrid. And even she doesn't knock her opponents out cold in one punch. Her female opponents. Who she usually outweighs by 15lbs by fight time.

TV episodes that consist mostly or reused content from older episodes. "How about that time you ****" queue video clip

Others have mentioned it but I hate it when a TV show I enjoy goes beyond 5 or 6 seasons, the writers run out of ideas, and then they keep making new seasons anyways just to milk the shit as long as they can. I've seen very few tv shows that had great endings. Most ride shit ratings to the bottom until they are canceled.

Oh and Lens Flare. Yah I went there bitches.

Cybsled

There are two x-factors in movies: the money shield and the hottness shield. Money shield usually means that the more an actor is paid, the more damage they can take in a movie and not die. The money shield can also alter the laws of physics.

The hotness shield increases the power of the person, as well as damage mitigation, in a ratio to the level or sexiness of the clothing worn. Hotness shield combined with large money shield essentially makes you immortal.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
ha. that I suppose does trigger some issues I have with tv/movies.

Violence in general is totally fake.

Getting knocked out is extremely dangerous.
Its pretty common in tv/movies/games for a character to get drugged/clubbed over the head, and "wakeup" somewhere else. often tied up.
If you get knocked out in reality and are unconscious for over 2 minutes, there is like a 90% chance you will die or at least be brain dead/coma. we've all seen athletes with concussion. that is .5s of head trauma.
And anesthesiologists are paid ALOT of money to drug you, so you don't die. The measuring of drugs to knock a person out is VERY specific. The idea of gassing people and just knocking them out is nonsense. If you gas a room with 1 150 lb female, 1 210 pound male, and 1 300 lb male. lets say you use enough for the 210 lb male to get knocked out. The 150lb female will die, and the 300 lb male wont loose consciousness.
This. I real life if you used a general method to knock out a group of people you'd get one of 2 responses: Death, or that Wolverine dart effect where he shook it off. The guy that got safely knocked out would be an EXTREME rarity.

Plus, what I don't get it just smoke/flashbang the room and breach. That's what your training is for, shock and awe. If you need everyone fucking asleep to safely enter, why did they go about training you in the first place? My grandma's bridge club could secure a room if everyone is out cold.

Also, if you wanna read something really cool, read about the time they had to put Andre the Giant under, he actually created/changed a lot about how anesthesiologists render someone unconscious.