Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The human aspect of the Thor movies is what really ruins them. You have a guy who's a total powerhouse but gets shackled down to avoid crushing the ants around him.

Hopefully they really let him and Hulk cut loose in this movie. The animated Hulk vs Thor flick is a must-watch for just that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure how Grandmaster is going to tie into Ragnarok at all; we have Hela / Loki / Skurge...and Surtur for bringing pain to Asgard, but Grandmaster? I guess he is just going to stroll into the movie and challenge Thor / Hulk to a game of Arena combat, then we'll move on to the big fight with Surtur? Sounds badass.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The human aspect of the Thor movies is what really ruins them. You have a guy who's a total powerhouse but gets shackled down to avoid crushing the ants around him.

Hopefully they really let him and Hulk cut loose in this movie. The animated Hulk vs Thor flick is a must-watch for just that.

That's my hope also, that this time around both Thor and Hulk will be let loose and do what they do best...against opponents that can be close to matching them in power.

Fadaar

That guy
Not buying it completely. The Marvel and DC power scales are drastically different from comics to movies, and between the movies themselves. Even within the movie universe there isn't much sense. Aliens invade New York? You get the Avengers. Malekith wants to destroy 9 realms? Sorry, you just get Thor.

I think the overall problem is trying to keep the movies from getting completely absurd in terms of power (similar to the Superman problem) and number of characters (not into the comics and I don't want to track 50 or 100 different characters). As long as the movies stay fun and not too absurd with respect to powers, most moviegoers will overlook the little issues.

MCU only has what, two new main cast members to introduce? Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel are all that's left right?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
While Thor and Hulk are off doing shenanigans, that's when the shit will go down on Asgard.

Hosix

All labs matter!
While Thor and Hulk are off doing shenanigans, that's when the shit will go down on Asgard.

You mean when Thor and Hulk are off banging chics, stealing space things, snorting cocaine off a tranny's ass and tag teaming some whore?

Then the answer would be yes.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wait, Grandmaster (Goldblum) is in this? I thought his appearance was in Guardians 2...

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thor have been my favorite MCU movies besides GOTG. Love the Sci-Fi aspects, and Idris Elbra is the shit.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Planet Sakaar from Planet Hulk is confirmed for this!! They should have just Built up to Planet hulk but this seems like its going to be awesome regardless

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yeah this is starting to look first half planet hulk, last half actual (movie version of) Ragnarok. Chances to fuck this up are very high, considering what they are trying to accomplish here. Still gotta give Marvel the edge for what they have made work so far.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think Planet Hulk would be a lot easier to make than Civil War. And even though the story in Civil War was not at all what the comic had, it was still a great movie. Looking forward to Ragnarok.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thor's and Banner's characters and dialogue have been basically perfect in every movie they've been in of the MCU, plus Loki is great whenever he shows up. Even as flawed as Thor 1 & 2 were, Thor himself was entertaining. It could just be those 2 guys wandering through green screen backdrops smacking things and talking and it'd probably be worth the tickets moreso than most movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Hopefully if they are merging the 2 stories they dont cut it short, Planet hulk could be multiple movies alone. Hopefully the director can handle going from low budget to this like Gunn did with Guardians. Gunn and Waititi have great senses of humor so i'm expecting this to nail dialogue ect

This is the closest thing to a Planet Hulk story ever getting made so its going to suck if it doesnt hit top tier like IM1, GoTG, Winter Soldier

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think we all knew by now that Doctor Strange was going to show up in this due to the post-scene in his movie. But it's starting to sound like it's going to be more than just brief appearance:

Disney Things We’re Most Excited for in 2017 - D23

'If you need even more intergalactic, world-saving action, Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic baddies both familiar and new."

Homsar

Fuck I cant remember what the after credit seen was, did he meet up with banner and Thor or something ? That sounds familiar

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
He met Thor in is sanctuary in NYC. Gave Thor an auto refilling mug of beer and they talked about Loki, Thor and the Doctor tracking down Odin.