Those Asians

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I learned the other day slope is a derogatory term for Chinaman.
And I always thought that the term "slippery slope" was used to describe embarking on a course of action that could have a negative feedback loop, but all this time it's actually used to describe a Chinese person covered in Vaseline! The more you know!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
And I always thought that the term "slippery slope" was used to describe embarking on a course of action that could have a negative feedback loop, but all this time it's actually used to describe a Chinese person covered in Vaseline! The more you know!
The Japanese version is the Srip and Sride.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I remember the big laugh I got when I found out the other meaning (true meaning) of the song 'turning Japanese'

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Porch Monkey has been a racial slur for like.. forever. You can find it in short stories from the way back machine.

Zips, Faulty Armors, Slants, Chinamen (no matter what they actually are, or if they're even male or not). All good.

Moolies is one I did not know. This thread A++. I got to see some of Tanoo's students, and I got to learn a new racial insult.
I have a good friend who kept calling some group 'Mondays'. From context, I assumed he was talking about blacks, but finally I asked him where the fuck that came from, and he said, "Nobody likes Mondays". They also call em bluegums a lot in Louisiana, though I think that refers mostly to the ones who actually have a blue tint to their gums.

Oh and for chinamen, don't forget coolie. That's an interesting one because it means hero in chinese, but somehow it seems to have been turned into an epithet back in the 1800's when they were building the railroad.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

rrr_img_93606.jpg

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Never saw the big lebowski. Is that part of a line from that movie? Cause if not, I need to point out that the vast majority of chinamen have never been to america.

reminds me of a clip I saw a few years back where a reporterette was interviewing a black south african about something (either apartheid, or mandela being released i think) and she asked him what life was like being an african american south african. He gave her a classic disgusted look before letting her know he wasn't american.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know whether to pitty you for having never seen The Big Lebowski or envy you for getting the chance to watch it for the first time. Either way, put it on your watch list!

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have. Frankly, I only passed on it when it was new because I got the impression it was all about dudes running around nekkid.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah out of context it doesn't work.

They are talking about an Asian guy living in America. The John Goodman character says the line, he's in the middle of a loud vocal rant about some things, then cuts himself off to go into a calmer voice to point out the preferred PC version of chinamen.

It then goes into a thing about: "this wasn't some guy who built the railways. . .etc"

Which then kinda parallels some of your lines from the post above it.

Yeah, but if you've not seen the movie, then it doesn't work. And explaining the funny kills the funny.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
stop making excuses for being racist.
Bitch please. My girl loves racism. Also most black women aren't attractive. I've had sex with one but it was only because she bought me shots so I was obligated. Also because it stained my friends couch which I found hilarious because she was kind of a bitch. Maybe friend isn't the word...

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are talking about an Asian guy living in America. The John Goodman character says the line, he's in the middle of a loud vocal rant about some things, then cuts himself off to go into a calmer voice to point out the preferred PC version of chinamen.