Though the Eyes of an Ex-MSFT UX Person

Siliconemelons

The move away from metro is because metro was dumb and at the end of the day was only a stupid Band-Aid for "ONE OS ON ALL DEVICES AND PLATFORMS" mandate that was put out and not supported through real $$ and resources- the "single core OS and UI" for ALL devices etc. was the worst house type money pit ever.. they would not spend the money and time and full company dedication that was needed to rebuild everything from the ground up to be processer and architecture ambiguous... it is/was an insane undertaking that would involve writing essentially what... 3 base codes for everything and every driver etc.?

Anywho- I hated the trend of desktop UI going the way of mobile - mobile should go the way of desktop... esp now with 5+ inch screens and HD+ displays.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I spent an hour and half working on fixing my sound after it got screwed up when I installed an update for Chromium, the point being, I was willing to spend an hour and half doing something I could accomplish relatively easily on Windows, because I'd rather put up with certain instabilities that come with Linux distros than be consigned to all the crap MS has put me through over the years. Granted I'm not the core demographic Microsoft targets, and haven't been dependent on one platform for 8 or 9 years.

MS mistake is how much they're investing in their GUI, most would agree with me in saying they've taken several steps backward. Even remaining neutral or positive on the reconstructions of their GUI, its a marginal territory in gains, a GUI can be only be improved/simplified so much. They've certainly abstained from simplicity with the atrocity they refer to as the "ribbon", the fact that they still have software that takes its own initiative like restarting the system without any explicit instructions, the fact that I can have a word document crash and burn to this day only to follow up with a stupid worthless reporting feature, and the idiocy to try and forcibly restart the application right after it crashes, again without explicit instruction. Absurd default behaviors, the platform is irreconcilable to me. I do what I have to do on it for work, and I keep a SSD with 7 at home, but I try and stay on my Arch Distro as much as possible these days.

Vinen

God is dead
I spent an hour and half working on fixing my sound after it got screwed up when I installed an update for Chromium, the point being, I was willing to spend an hour and half doing something I could accomplish relatively easily on Windows, because I'd rather put up with certain instabilities that come with Linux distros than be consigned to all the crap MS has put me through over the years. Granted I'm not the core demographic Microsoft targets, and haven't been dependent on one platform for 8 or 9 years.

MS mistake is how much they're investing in their GUI, most would agree with me in saying they've taken several steps backward. Even remaining neutral or positive on the reconstructions of their GUI, its a marginal territory in gains, a GUI can be only be improved/simplified so much. They've certainly abstained from simplicity with the atrocity they refer to as the "ribbon", the fact that they still have software that takes its own initiative like restarting the system without any explicit instructions, the fact that I can have a word document crash and burn to this day only to follow up with a stupid worthless reporting feature, and the idiocy to try and forcibly restart the application right after it crashes, again without explicit instruction. Absurd default behaviors, the platform is irreconcilable to me. I do what I have to do on it for work, and I keep a SSD with 7 at home, but I try and stay on my Arch Distro as much as possible these days.
Linuxfag
frown.png

Yeah, you are defiantly not the target demographic for any consumer-grade product.

You have ruined your own lands and created useless consumer OS's go AWAY!

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Linuxfag
frown.png

Yeah, you are defiantly not the target demographic for any consumer-grade product.

You have ruined your own lands and created useless consumer OS's go AWAY!
Brah try some Arch, it's legit out of Canada. Pure cut, no baking soda or Meth. You don't even have to worry about animal names or desserts that start with the letter M.

Sheeeeeeeeit why am I on the street trying to sling it, its free anyway?

Silence_sl

shitlord
I knew this thread was a sham from reading the title, because MS fired all their UX people 30 minutes after Win95 went RTM.