Time Loop Movies

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Looper (2012)

Tagline: Hunted By Your Future, Haunted By Your Past

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Rian Johnson

Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels, Pierce Gagnon, Xu Qing, Tracie Thoms, Frank Brennan, Garret Dillahunt, Nick Gomez, Marcus Hester, Jon Eyez, Kevin Stillwell, Thirl Haston, James Landry Hébert, Kenneth Brown Jr., Cody Wood, Adam Boyer, Jeff Chase, Ritchie Montgomery, David Jensen, Kamden Beauchamp, Josh Perry, David Joseph Martinez, Wayne Dehart, Ian Patrick, Craig Johnson, Robert Harvey, Sylvia Jefferies, Rachel Acuna, Lauren Alexandra

Release: 2012-09-26

Runtime: 118

Plot: In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a looper, a hired gun, like Joe is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good until the day the mob decides to close the loop, sending back Joe's future self for assassination.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I love these kind of movies/shows and I'm sure I haven't seen them all. From Groundhog Day, to Looper, to Edge of tomorrow. What else have you seen?

I think there is a recent anime as well but can't find the name.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Probably not the sort of time loop you were thinking of but ...

Pulp-Fiction-Quiz-011.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love these kind of movies/shows and I'm sure I haven't seen them all. From Groundhog Day, to Looper, to Edge of tomorrow. What else have you seen?

I think there is a recent anime as well but can't find the name.
The Bill and Ted movies got kind of time loopy.
not sure if you're referring to pradoxes or literal reliving the same day over and over again kind of thing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Predestination with Ethan Hawke is a pretty good movie that might fall into this category.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the first Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score, had some pretty good time loop shenanigans for a cartoon.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Timecrimes
Primer
Looper
Butterfly Effect

Story is better, but not bad tv short.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this as a kid. Haven't seen this in many years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Time Lapse
synchronicity

Safety not guaranteed was ok
Deja vu, with denzel Washington
Timeline, based on a michael chrichton book

Caliane

Madoka has some time travel in it for the anime.

most of these are on netflix.

Timecrimes.
The Reeds.
Paradox.
Time lapse.

Mine games. meh.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database