Tires

Khane

Got something right about marriage
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
22,032
16,081
It's a low effort show, pretty lousy. If you think his stand up is good, you'll probably enjoy the show. But you should know you're and idiot and pretty laughably stupid.
 
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
17,988
8,806


People have the nerve to compare this Netflix z lister to Kenny Fucking Powers?
 

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
3,369
9,396
Two kinds of people don’t think Shane Gillis is funny: chicks and fags
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,692
26,388
Watched the first couple episodes and its pretty funny. Shane reminds me of Kenny Powers in this.
Yeah like McBride but less annoying. I was thinking a less annoying Seth Rogan, but Danny McBride is a better comparison.

WTF was up with the manager's hands? Is he crippled IRL or was he doing that shit on purpose? They never really fucked with him over it (other than when they impersonated him), so I don't think it's part of the character.

Not great, but a solid show and worth the binge. Now I gotta look up Shane's standup.
 

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
5,072
4,540
Shane's humor is largely juvenile. But it -is- funny. Been listening to him for years at this point (via his podcast and his frequent other podcast appearances) and he's basically exactly what you would expect low brow philly to produce. Except better in basically every respect.

Will check out the next season this weekend. Season 1 was both funny and uncomfortable at times, which is exactly on par with Shane's standup and comedic sensibilities.
 

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
11,255
61,549
S3 out

Holy fuck I love this dumb show
How dare you.
1786685409584.png
 

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
11,255
61,549
4 episodes in and I'm laughing. If you liked the first two seasons you'll like this one.

1786780348391.png
 

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
28,792
21,877
I found season one hard to watch. Season two they seemed to have really figured it out.

I'm dying watching Season three.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
22,008
19,473
Yeah, I agree that S1 had a few funny moments here and there, but was generally pretty shitty.

S2 was a huge improvement.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
11,255
61,549
They definitely upped their game on the plot, story and overall production in season 3.

The scenes with Shane daydreaming about being a viking looked good and were pretty fucking funny.

There are some more serious plot lines in S3 but everything has a sprinkle of funny on it even if it’s dark. The laughs are not constant but I can definitely say there are more laugh out loud moments here than anything I’ve watched in recent in memory.

It helps that they don’t seem to be playing by “the rules” or pushing some bullshit narrative. They are just doing what they find funny which unsurprisingly seems to work.