Titane (2021)

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Titane (2021)

Genre: Drama, Thriller, Horror

Director: Julia Ducournau

Cast: Vincent Lindon, Agathe Rousselle, Garance Marillier, Laïs Salameh, Mara Cissé, Marin Judas, Diong-Kéba Tacu, Myriem Akeddiou, Bertrand Bonello, Céline Carrère, Adèle Guigue, Thibault Cathalifaud, Dominique Frot, Lamine Cissokho, Florence Janas, Frédéric Jardin, Olivia Venner, Thibault Villette, Nathalie Boyer, Mehdi Rahim-Silvioli, Théo Hellermann, Anaïs Fabre

Release: 2021-07-14

Runtime: 108

Plot: A woman with a metal plate in her head from a childhood car accident embarks on a bizarre journey, bringing her into contact with a firefighter who's reunited with his missing son after 10 years.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious if anyone has seen this. I'll post a review after I finish. So far, brain surgery and a woman getting pregnant by a Cadillac. The weird is strong in this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Someone very damaged made this film. I try to say that without judgement, but you don't create something like this without serious issues. And many great artists and creators have severe mental issues. Obviously thought and passion went in to creating this film and trying to say whatever it is that Julia Ducournau wanted to say. There were even a couple pleasant scenes. But on the whole it was just a huge miss for me. Just strange, and gross, and unnecessary, and... just gross.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's not terrible... In a French way. I'll give it a 6

Alright, here it is. The beginning.

A kid is trying to get her father's attention while he is driving and causes an accident, she is rewarded with a plate in her head. She's attracted to metal from them on. Jump to her as an adult. She looks like a worse looking Uma Thurmon. She then gets pregnant by a Cadillac and decides to start murdering people. That's the first 20 minutes.

It's about the power of a father's love.

Nudity- lots in the beginning
Violence- yes, but not graphic.
Weird- yup

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So I watched this recently and damn if it was not a good movie. Do you like sexy cars and sexy women being erotic all over them? Ok then this is your film. But if you like far more serious nuanced stuff too, this delivers.

Really good film.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database