Titanfall

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, 24gb ram and gtx760 runs it pretty flawlessly so far. Work computer is a 560ti and some AMD a8 cpu and it struggles to run it at medium with no AA.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really, really don't like the AI. They are just so hilariously useless that I wonder why they even exist. They can't actually hurt players, ever, nor will they attempt to even save their own lives. What exactly is the point of them? If they wanted combat to feel more hectic or whatever just make games 10v10 and cap active titans at 6 or something. I just don't see what value the AI brings to the game that having more players wouldn't do better.
The point of the AI is to give you something to shoot at for points, so that engagements actually happen. Otherwise it would be 12 idiots playing hide and seek with jetpacks. If one side wants to just run around up on the roofs trying to backdoor the other team, they'll lose because their units are getting farmed.

I understand what they were trying to do but I'm not sure it was the right way to do it. It works in attrition but it doesn't seem to make sense in the domination mode, since the units don't cap points.

If they wanted to make it like DOTA they should have had actual mini bases/towers that you had to push and that you needed the grunts and spectres to help you take down.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I like this game a lot less than I thought I would. Ah well. At least now I don't have to upgrade my rig.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Smoke is great against Rodeo cowboy types. When defending a point it is actually quite handy to have your Titan on autopilot since any enemy pilot that comes to cap the point is going to go after the Titan and you just pick them off when they do. I too have used the Smoke + Nuke on Death to clear out a bunch of enemy Titans. I think there might be some interesting meta strategies in the game if they keep up with funky abilities and ordinance.

I agree that the grunts need to have more of a purpose in Domination than they do currently.

spronk

FPS noob
they are going to extend the beta by a day and let everyone in without a code for xbone and PC tomorrow, so if you are on the fence check it out. not a $60 buy for me, will buy when it goes on sale and they put in more maps and maybe get rid of the shitbots

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure the game would turn into a giant circlejerk where everyone runs and hides and no one kills anyone if they got rid of the bots.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Pretty fucking dumb of that auto pistol to be completely shit and then over powered with one mod. Balance... not in this game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont get the complaining so much on the bots. Im sure they can tweak them some to make them less fodder like but even if not its not like the game has killstreaks per se and that its going to ruin the game play. Bots havent bothered me much at all they just seem like random dumb AI.

Column_sl

shitlord
They're tweaking the bots for live, but yeah they are just there to score points off of to get mechs quicker. It's something new with the MOBA style.

And people complaining about balance in a Beta? LOL

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
PC code: 9Q4QY-KMYGM-Q2YY9-47CYK-PVD7Z

post if you used it so people know its gone.

EDIT: sounds like they are letting the flood gates in tho, so if you signed up wont take long.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still on the fence over this game. It's kind of fun, but the Titans just seem to sort of annoy me and detract from the FPS gameplay that I enjoy.

I think the biggest thing to me is the maps, they're such a strange size. For 6v6, they seem too large - even with bots. However, the map sizes are small enough to make the Titans incredibly strong. Vehicles work on Battlefield because the maps are pretty big and spaced out. These maps are small and compact enough that you can't seem to get away from them.

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
PC code: 9Q4QY-KMYGM-Q2YY9-47CYK-PVD7Z

post if you used it so people know its gone.

EDIT: sounds like they are letting the flood gates in tho, so if you signed up wont take long.
Tried to use it but no dice. Also I tried using the submit problem using the link on the previous page but it is down now with "Bad Gateway". I'll just keep watching. Thanks though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
NPC's just a point-gaining mechanic. They're like a resource you're supposed to protect. I did somehow manage to get killed by a grunt earlier but the damage afterword showed a player did 100% to me and the grunt did 100% to me with 'melee'.

Game's pretty fun still, maxed on both XB1 and PC version. Sniping's not as OP as it is in most every other game, so that's good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then how is every other FPS playable without bots?
Because people don't move super fast in other games and have to obey the laws of physics most of the time. In Tribes you could perfectly predict where people would land, in this game you can chase someone into a building and they can disappear through the god damn ceiling.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Because people don't move super fast in other games and have to obey the laws of physics most of the time. In Tribes you could perfectly predict where people would land, in this game you can chase someone into a building and they can disappear through the god damn ceiling.
Quake 3, UT, Painkiller.