Titanfall

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, considering the graphics are utterly bland and look like a DX9 game from 7 years ago on even on PC, that isn't hard to swallow Collumn. Except I sure as fuck can tell the difference right off just from the horrible AA.

They didn't bother putting any extra DX11 stuff into the PC version. No AO, no enhanced shadows or lighting, etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Game appears to be capped at 60 FPS on the PC so those high refresh rate monitors aren't doing much.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well they said vsync and other framerate issues are bugged right now in the beta so that could be it.

It does run in borderless windowed mode if you edit a file, so there's that.

bayr_sl

shitlord
So I decided to give it a shot after hearing a bunch of favorable opinions in various places. And I'm not gonna say the game is being heavily viralled, because I know how plebeian people's tastes can be, but it's pretty damned fishy.

This game is fucking atrocious. First of all it's boring and it looks like shit. The AI running around in what appears like an attempt to blend them in and pass them off as other players is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in an FPS game.

I guess if you're still playing Call of Duty in 2014 you might like it, I don't know. I'm a little shocked at how bad it is considering the reception I've seen

spronk

FPS noob
its kinda fun parkour'ing but yeah if it wasn't from the guys who did CoD everyone would think its a f2p game. Will be 13 maps at launch I guess
Titanfall Should Have 13 Maps at Launch, Data Shows Worlds Factory

can do this on pc to skip intro videos and make it borderless windowed
msyGaWL.png

Meatus_sl

shitlord
I'm having fun playing with some friends on TS. Not sure of the replay value of it though, we'll see. Got it as birthday present so i'm sort of obliged to play :p

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
It can be fun if the teams are remotely balanced, they usually aren't. All it seems to take is 2 or 3 random retards on your team to keep halfway-decent opponents running 3-4 titans at a time the whole fucking match. Kinda frustrating since 3/4 of my regular cod-bros haven't gotten their xbones yet. Goddamn randoms, at least in cod or battlefield i can go camp kills for myself if the team is ass.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Acutely, they are a resource, you can protect them, and you can help destroy them.
So no, they are there for a reason.
Except I don't think paying any attention to them is really conducive to actually winning the game. Shoot them if you see them, but don't hunt them down. Which is kind of annoying, considering some attachments are unlocked by killing them. I want to kill them to unlock shit, but I want to win games as well.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
At least with a silencer you aren't lighting your ass up on the mini map shooting at fucking bots. But you'll lose any face to face engagement with a player for sure.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you want something faster paced and simplified, that you can jump into for a quick match. The problem with BF4 is sometimes it can take a while to get a match that doesn't suck shit because of how lopsided it is.

So, when it's on sale.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there any point in getting this game if you already own and plays battlefield 4 ?
This game fully embraces the run and gun style. It's quick paced and sort of fun. You feel like you're doing something wrong if you're just sprinting on the ground instead of leaping off shit or running on walls.

If you want slower and more tactical/methodical gameplay, this isn't it.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Origin is such a piece of shit, I can't even get the program to run! Uninstalled/reinstalled and it won't open at all.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Played for a bit on PC. It runs well and is decent, I guess. The textures were pretty sorry for a PC game. I'll pass on the final product, most likely.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Call of Duty or Halo needs to put a ready check into the lobby between rounds so that every other game ever copies it and we don't have to spend two minutes jacking off between every match.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Fav kill so far was a triple Titan kill when I charged in dropped a cloud punched one in the face a few times then ejected out and my Titan exploded killing them all. Suckers