TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here are some of they differences between TLP's and Live (from back in the day) for at least classic.

EverQuest Spell List - Spell list for TLP's

- Manastones and Staffs of forbidden rites are NOT in the game.
- Dark elf masks will be in and plentiful until Kunark
- Krono is in the game. They are a type of currency that can be bought from DBG or traded from other players. Each one is 1 month gametime. Items like lets say FBSS will sell for 8 krono week 1 and trickle down to 3ish krono right after. So in essence if you win an FBSS you either just won 8 months playtime free or you can trade it for high end items.
- Shield of the Immaculate is the chase item in Classic. You want one, everyone wants one, and you still use it even on live.
- AC is overpowered, you take absurdly way less damage nowadays and there is no cap you can reach in the xpacs Agnarr will hit.
- At level 5 you get origin AA which lets you gate back to your starting city as ANY class
- Coin weights nothing, you can carry millions
- Focii are in starting in classic - Improved Damage 3, Mana Pres etc are in the game from the get go which is very overpowered.
- Idols are in from classic, the diety based ones and the stats on them are very good and out of era
- Melee damage is buffed by a multiplier to bring all melee classes in line with casters
- /Pick - this command opens a menu which brings up copies of populated zones and lets you pick one where you camp might be open or where you and friends want to go.
- Necro's, Monks, and Shadowknights are insane DPS compared to live. I ran our parses as a SK up until Luclin if I got buffs and went try hard.
- Wizards and Rangers are also really strong DPS still. Rangers are a top 20 dps and Wizards though are more top 5
- Enchanters are overpowered as HELL. You can charm and do 3x the damage of most people alone. Necro's can also charm undead in guk in classic and solo pretty much all of Frenzy / Lord.
- Raid mobs (in open world) have accelerated timers, meaning they will spawn every 24 hours. In classic this means Vox, Naggy, Yael. The Sky stuff is on a different timer but its pretty close as well.
- Loot rains down on everyone and their alts. We allow one alt which was the greatest idea of all time to get raid loot and we still had TONS of loot rotting.
- Cash Shop - You can buy XP potions, 4 hour SoW pots, regen, and crack buffs. They go on sale for like 50 cents sometimes and personally I used the living shit out of them. 4 hour sow and clarity was strong in classic.

How does pick command work and what does it do?

I am going to use LGuk as an example - When Lower Guk (Base zone) reaches 50 people overall at once what happens is the server makes a copy of Guk which is accessible by /pick. The copy has the exact layout of L Guk and the same camps, monster types, and appropriate levels.

- You or your group can only ever be present in 1 pick at a time and there is a cooldown of 5 minutes once you /pick before you can use it again.
- Using /pick while inside of Guk is going to put you at the exact location you /pick from. So if you /pick from Frenzy room and the pick is fresh you are going to have everything agro. Location when picking is definitely something to pay attention to.
- Raid mobs specifically with "Mitigation of the Mighty" do not spawn in picks.
- People will pop into your camp all of the time checking to see if a pick is open, its pretty normal.
- There can be as many copies of a zone as there is players to force it once you reach that zones threshold in /pick. For instance Guk has 50 people and Guk 1 forms, Guk 1 then has 50 people and Guk 2 forms etc. This can and will go up to about 10-15 copies of zones like Guk or Sebilis in Kunark.
- If there is less than the minimum threshold for a zone the pick will collapse. In order to prevent abuse it takes randomly from minutes to hours.

Advanced Looting - Advance Your Looting!

Potions for buffs and %XP from Cash Shop

1. 10% exp bonus for four hours 100 DBC
2. 25% exp bonus for four hours 300 DBC
3. 10% exp bonus for four hours, group buff, 500 DBC
4. 25% exp bonus for four hours, group buff, 1400 DBC

Clarity, SoW, Regen (Gets dispelled if you get dotted) etc are 100 DBC and last 4 hours.

Will add as people ask more or remind me about things we've forgotten.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I understand there are now NPC binders in every city?

On death, do I still need to CR myself to get my items back?

Will guild lobbies exist in this version of the game?

Do daybreak SOW potions persist through death? Will player made SOW potions be affordable?

I can only assume Jboots will be camped pretty hard, are there any other speed increasing items somebody should try to get?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What's the fastest way to the level cap - a soloing Necro?

Approx how long would it take to get a Necro to 50

Sterling

El Presidente

Do daybreak SOW potions persist through death? Will player made SOW potions be affordable?

I can only assume Jboots will be camped pretty hard, are there any other speed increasing items somebody should try to get?
Soulbinders are in all starter cities and in a few other locations yes.

No, you respawn at your bind with all of your gear so you would only need to get your corpse if you wanted to get a rez to get back xp lost.

Lobby is not in by default it opens with whatever the expansion was that had it, so it won't be available at all on Agnarr.

All of the Daybreak potions persist through death. Player made SoW potions are cheap generally.

Ancient Cyclops is indeed pretty heavily camped early in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente

Group bonus is huge so soloing will never be the fast way. Early on with nobody having gear the fastest leveling will be full groups of lots of caster dps, potentially with Charm pets. Necros fit this pretty well especially in LGuk where you can charm.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

No CRs, guild lobbies do not exist and since they came out after PoP will not exist at all on Agnarr. DBG SoW pots persist through death and because of picks jboots will be plentiful. If you /pick through OoT people will give away AC rings. edit: not right off the bat, but within a week or two they will be plentiful.

Soloing will not be the fastest path. If you group up and stay roughly on the path of newbie zone > CB/Befallen > Unrest/UGuk/oot cyclops > Lguk/Hole/SolB/oot gobs you can make 50 in 40-45ish hours played I'd say. As a necro you can always solo undead while waiting in LFG.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
No CRs, guild lobbies do not exist and since they came out after PoP will not exist at all on Agnarr. DBG SoW pots persist through death and because of picks jboots will be plentiful. If you /pick through OoT people will give away AC rings. edit: not right off the bat, but within a week or two they will be plentiful.

Soloing will not be the fastest path. If you group up and stay roughly on the path of newbie zone > CB/Befallen > Unrest/UGuk/oot cyclops > Lguk/Hole/SolB/oot gobs you can make 50 in 40-45ish hours played I'd say. As a necro you can always solo undead while waiting in LFG.
I can't imagine the demand for AC is as high on a server where you can buy 4 hour SoW pots.

I'm assuming that time frame has do potions factored in?

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't imagine the demand for AC is as high on a server where you can buy 4 hour SoW pots.

How many points does a 4 hour SoW cost normally?

Sterling

El Presidente
Think it's 100? So 90 after the discount. Also it's faster than SoW, it's like unboosted Selos. Also you could always wait for a sale and just stockpile a bunch of stuff.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

You can buy SoW, Levitate, Water Breathing, and See Invis potions for 100 DBC each. They last four hours and persist through death. If you have an active subscription (which is required to play on TLP servers like Agnarr) you get 10% off those purchases.

100 DBC is equal to one dollar. You get 500 DBC for free each month you resub.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You can buy SoW, Levitate, Water Breathing, and See Invis potions for 100 DBC each. They last four hours and persist through death. If you have an active subscription (which is required to play on TLP servers like Agnarr) you get 10% off those purchases.

100 DBC is equal to one dollar. You get 500 DBC for free each month you resub.
Is there an XP bonus potion?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

JBoots are never out of fashion as an insta clicky, demand is always there.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is there an XP bonus potion?

Yes, there are exp potions. They all persist through death and do not stack with each other -

1. 10% exp bonus for four hours 100 DBC
2. 25% exp bonus for four hours 300 DBC
3. 10% exp bonus for four hours, group buff, 500 DBC
4. 25% exp bonus for four hours, group buff, 1400 DBC

There are two higher tiers but I don't think either will be available on Agnarr. The first two tiers are what LJ and RF had. Daybreak stated that Agnarr would have limited potions (Phinny had more) so the first two tiers seems likely.

edit - in case

5. 50% exp bonus for four hours, 1000 DBC
6. 50% exp bonus for four hours, group buff, 4500 DBC

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Advice on this advanced loot thinger magigger?

It's unintuitive but once you figure it out it's pretty handy. You can set it to never loot certain things, always loot certain things, distribute loot in a group or raid, and it lets everyone on a group or raid see every item drop without the need for linking or checking the corpse or anything.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Advance looting is awesome, warts and all, once you figure out how to use it.

• 1Like