To Build a MMORPG / Game

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, if anyone wants to contribute to my little project, I'd be open to looking into it :D

Not an MMO though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I mean, if anyone wants to contribute to my little project, I'd be open to looking into it :D

Not an MMO though.

Is it written on the jvm?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this the time that we all finally get the fucking EQBrowser that we deserve?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Is this the time that we all finally get the fucking EQBrowser that we deserve?
We would need a man with a very particular set of skills for such a thing .....

• 1Worf

Stonebrunt

Golden Knight of the Realm

Not an MMO though.

No disrespect was ever intended Ravishing Ravishing ... I started this thread mostly for reasons Daidraco Daidraco already stated. It just seemed like the right time.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm in sales and I handle all the financial contracts, and state paperwork for the business. The biggest things that stand out to me no matter what business you are in are the tools that your employees use, and how you interact with your customers or vice versa.

If you make a tool that is simple enough for an elderly person to understand how to design your game, but has the depth to create complex systems - then your tools will save you more time over the life of the project, onward past release. Not only will this lessen the extent of how harmful turn over will be, but it opens up another door. One where we as a gaming community have been saying forever that the ultimate goal should be for a user to develop their own content. If the tools are easy, we'll have one piece of the puzzle down complete.

As far as customer interaction - I personally just dont think its that damn hard to listen to your customers complaints and act accordingly. How, instead of ignoring a customers complaint - acknowledge their feedback and address the issue. How much more good will would Blizzard have right now if they just would have said "We can't do a Classic Launch right now because of "X" limitation/reason." Instead of the feedback that was "You think you do, but you dont" only to be proved wrong, far above what anyone was expecting.

I recommend Unity.

The Pantheon dev team, made up of over fifty industry professionals, has been able to present one zone in pre-alpha state with free store asset in seven years time.

It's a great dev tool for the MMO space.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I recommend Unity.

The Pantheon dev team, made up of over fifty industry professionals, has been able to present one zone in pre-alpha state with free store asset in seven years time.

It's a great dev tool for the MMO space.

That puts them on par with Star Citizen, at a much lower price!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much what I was thinking. Lets just all sign up to repeat the f'n cycle of WoW Clone #9032878479
Oh man that'd be a terrible idea.

Almost as terrible as signing up for a project run by a clueless leader with no experience.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh man that'd be a terrible idea.

Almost as terrible as signing up for a project run by a clueless leader with no experience.

As usual - you imply everyone that disagrees with you has some asinine opinion. No one said they cant have experience in the field - but the same people that have been in positions of power for the last 20 years have been the same ones making MMO's that even you yourself have complained about. Some new blood with a strong background in successful games that are single player or multiplayer - wouldnt be a bad thing at all. But whatever floats your boat, "as usual."

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
As usual - you imply everyone that disagrees with you has some asinine opinion. No one said they cant have experience in the field - but the same people that have been in positions of power for the last 20 years have been the same ones making MMO's that even you yourself have complained about. Some new blood with a strong background in successful games that are single player or multiplayer - wouldnt be a bad thing at all. But whatever floats your boat, "as usual."
Sounds like you're saying we an outsider, like we need a trump of mmo's to make mmmorpgga?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Daidraco said:
Lets just all sign up to repeat the f'n cycle of WoW Clone #9032878479
As usual - you imply everyone that disagrees with you has some asinine opinion.
giphy.gif

I don't really disagree with you though. A team that has a successful multiplayer game under the belt and compelling and fresh ideas about an MMO is certainly qualified to garner interest in their MMO. But it's just such a massive task with so many components compared to other games that it shouldn't be done lightly.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think the next big MMO comes from something like this:

Decentralization of in game assets and a intra-game multiverse for those assets could shake things up drastically. I think this is where the next big "oh shit this is different" moment comes from.