Tobacco Thread, it's glorious and we should quit.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Day 2

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

vGrade

Potato del Grande
It helps to quit coffee and alcohol for a few weeks. You will wonder if you can ever have a drink of either without wanting a cig... Trust me you will be fine. When you wake up in the morning put on your shoes and go for a run right away. You wont even think about that shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You got this shit, time to grab life by the pussy.
First 24 hours were easy. I was coasting on that "I'm Changing My Life!" endorphine high. Woke up today with that actual reality of "oh right...you're addicted to shit and it sucks."

It helps to quit coffee and alcohol for a few weeks. You will wonder if you can ever have a drink of either without wanting a cig... Trust me you will be fine. When you wake up in the morning put on your shoes and go for a run right away. You wont even think about that shit
Alcohol is about 99% cut out and I have switched to green tea for the time being.

This morning I was up at 6:30 and while I will NEVER run (Jews don't run), I did take the dog on a sunrise walk in the hills.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Seriously heed the advice about nicotine gum if you ever feel the temptation. I managed a weekend off while drinking with that crutch before crumbling on Monday- will be giving it another go this weekend!

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I'm about to embark on another tobacco free weekend - let's see if I cave this Monday!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Three weeks of gum after 3 years. Smoked from 20 til 28. Quit for a solid five years. Family member almost died, got married, bought a house, new high stress job.... Alcohol and caffeine consumption are up, but that never maintains. Gets boring. The time I quit took a hallucinogen, 2CP, took a drag and literally made the decision on the spot that it was disgusting and I was never doing it again. Brain reprogrammed. Was amazing. Didn't last, but was a nice solid break. I still don't like it, but the focus and getting shit done... Without nicotine I kinna just lull and don't give a fuck. With a smoke I still don't give a fuck, but I get shit done. If that makes sense.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I didn't update on days 6 and 7 but it was a successful weekend! Went up to Mammoth with the girl and we both had a great time. Sunday was the first day where I had whole portions of the day not even thinking about a cigarette and it was great. Even eating much better and with 2 days of 15+ miles of walking and hiking I still manged to gain some weight in one week. Oh well.

The time I quit took a hallucinogen, 2CP...

long_time_star_wars.gif

I was always more partial to 2C-T-2. Was like a perfect candy flip every time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've been trying to quit for a week now, today is day 9, but I've been sleeping way more than I like so not sure it's going to continue. Instead of 5-8 hours of sleep its been 9-12 and its kinda getting annoying.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
It's been almost two months or so since I made a real effort.

I did break down a week or so ago when I was putting an offer down on a house, combined with a family health thing on the same day and ended up smoking about 8 in a 3 hour long period.

But next morning went right back to zero and restarted the clock.

Xerge

<Donor>
Smoked from the age of 12-26. I used vape as my method of choice and used it religiously. I started at 12mg and worked my way down on custom made juices. Once I hit zero nicotine I was done the same week. Ultimately it was pay week and it came down to another bottle of 0mg nicotine juice or a 5g bag of weed until payday; obvious choice is obvious.

Like someone else mentioned quitting is a personal thing, you have to walk up to it and cross the line on your own. Once you quit and the compliments start rolling in about you don't stink anymore.. you realize you did the right thing.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

I did break down a week or so ago when I was putting an offer down on a house, combined with a family health thing on the same day and ended up smoking about 8 in a 3 hour long period.

Use some nicotine pads. Have a medical nicotine inhaler handy. It helps guard you against relapses. Smokes are not your friend. Hope you come out on the other side clean :)

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Not a big deal if you got back on track. Keep fighting the good fight, it’s worth it.

I ended up drinking heavily Saturday night with some friends and had one chew from a friend that still dips. I never gave it a second thought Sunday or Monday and had no cravings.

• 1Like