Tobacco Thread, it's glorious and we should quit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Another advantage of a pipe. Don't inhale, no lung butter.

Anyone who can inhale smoldering latakia tobacco has to have cast iron lungs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe I just don't smoke enough to get the cough like people always talk about. I also have no idea how you smoke an entire pack in a single day. Nevermind the fact that it makes me feel like death if I get shrecked on a weekend and burn most of a pack at a bar, but how the hell do you find the time to smoke that much during a normal day?

12.50$ per pack here in Chicago these days. I'm sure if I actually tracked how much I spend on smokes a year I'd quit in an instant, but goddamn do I not want to give up morning coffee + smoke.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Went for a good solid week on the quitting thing (which doesn't sound like a lot, is for me), then yesterday was my birthday.

Waking up with my lungs all ashed up this morning felt distinctly shittier than it used to.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Maybe I just don't smoke enough to get the cough like people always talk about. I also have no idea how you smoke an entire pack in a single day. Nevermind the fact that it makes me feel like death if I get shrecked on a weekend and burn most of a pack at a bar, but how the hell do you find the time to smoke that much during a normal day?

12.50$ per pack here in Chicago these days. I'm sure if I actually tracked how much I spend on smokes a year I'd quit in an instant, but goddamn do I not want to give up morning coffee + smoke.
I felt like death when I didn't have a cigarette. I woke up, cigarette. Maybe ate breakfast, smoke. Took a shit, smoked on the shitter. Drove to class, smoke. If I got in the car, I had a cigarette. Walk to class, smoke. Break during class? Smoke. Walk back, smoke. On and on.

At work, I took every smoke break opportunity I could without fucking my tables over. I had three other smoking roommates and eventually in the winter we said fuck it and smoked inside. I'd play call of duty or whatever with a cigarette every other round probably. If I went to the bar and played pool, it'd be a smoke every game. Probably two smokes per beer. It was easy to burn through two packs a day (or more during weekend benders).

I never understood the "I feel too shitty for a smoke" thing. If I was hungover, I was chain smoking the whole time

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Another advantage of a pipe. Don't inhale, no lung butter.

Anyone who can inhale smoldering latakia tobacco has to have cast iron lungs.
i can only smoke latakia once in a while. not that its too strong, (its strong, but i have had stronger VaPers) but i start sneezing and coughing after each bowl and my nose is stuffed the rest of the day. been a pipe smoker 20+ years. have over 60 pipes and dozens of different blends at hand. pipe smoking is relaxing and less lethal than cigarettes with none of the addiction. oh and its cheap as dirt ....for now. 12.50 per pack of smokes? you can get 4 ounces of good good imported tobacco for that much. 4 ounces will last a casual smoker a good month.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

1 right after waking up, 2 in the car on my half hour drive to work, 1 more at the smoke pit if there's time. 1 on first break, 2 over lunch, 1 on last break then 2 more on the half hour drive home. That's a half a pack for just the work day. The other ten were easy enough to throw down once I got home, ate dinner and started relaxing.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
My sister in law started smoking at like 29. Who does that? I understand doing it when you're a dumb teenager and then not being able to quit but starting when you're all grown up and supposed to know better mystified me.
I started when I was like 25 because of a girl and also because I was a dumb kid that thought quitting would be no big deal. I quit at 31 and it was not easy. I'll sneak one here and there while drinking still, but it's so infrequent I'm not too worried about it.

For the people in the thread that dip, have you ever tried Snus? It was a huge help to me quitting cigs. It takes a little getting used to. Has a salty flavor and I never liked the mud like texture of the loose stuff so had to go with packets. Doesn't have all the sugars in it that rot your teeth like American smokeless tobacco and it's steam cured so the leaves never sees a flame. That process apparently greatly decreases the amount of carcinogens released.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I love that Swedish powder that you snort like cocaine. Nicotine straight to the brain. That shit was addictive as all hell.

Hmm. Maybe it was cocaine.

trex

Queen Bee
Started smoking because it felt really good if high on cocaine. Haven't done coke in 1000 years and haven't smoked in almost 3. Was never heavy, but loved marb lights. Quit the day I found out I was pregnant, was no problem, haven't looked back.

Husband switched to vape "to help him quit" when we got preggo. Now it is this awful cycle of him getting way more nicotine by that than he ever has by cigs. Really bad cycle. There have been a couple recent nicotine overdoses that involved puking. That's when I put my foot down and made him go BACK to cigs. Anyone have experience with this "better than cig" technology?

Started smoking while waiting tables in college. 5 years later, got up to 2 packs a day before actually quitting. Tried and failed to quit 3 or 4 times, read a gay book, actually quit.

Still enjoy cigars and hookah.

What book?

I only chain smoke bummed cigarettes when I fall off the wagon (drunk/coked up), otherwise I'll go for weeks without smoking. Still fucking hate it. Weed occasionally doesn't trigger me though.

I feel like you make sense now.

Went for a good solid week on the quitting thing (which doesn't sound like a lot, is for me), then yesterday was my birthday.

Waking up with my lungs all ashed up this morning felt distinctly shittier than it used to.

We are birthday #twins. Happy bday.

I felt like death when I didn't have a cigarette. I woke up, cigarette. Maybe ate breakfast, smoke. Took a shit, smoked on the shitter. Drove to class, smoke. If I got in the car, I had a cigarette. Walk to class, smoke. Break during class? Smoke. Walk back, smoke. On and on.

At work, I took every smoke break opportunity I could without fucking my tables over. I had three other smoking roommates and eventually in the winter we said fuck it and smoked inside. I'd play call of duty or whatever with a cigarette every other round probably. If I went to the bar and played pool, it'd be a smoke every game. Probably two smokes per beer. It was easy to burn through two packs a day (or more during weekend benders).

I never understood the "I feel too shitty for a smoke" thing. If I was hungover, I was chain smoking the whole time

Omfg. That is crazy. Perfect example of habits escalating.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Nicotine sickness is the fucking worst. I get it every now and then if I haven't had a dart in awhile and smoke one too fast.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Husband switched to vape "to help him quit" when we got preggo. Now it is this awful cycle of him getting way more nicotine by that than he ever has by cigs. Really bad cycle. There have been a couple recent nicotine overdoses that involved puking. That's when I put my foot down and made him go BACK to cigs. Anyone have experience with this "better than cig" technology?

Everyone I know steps their nicotine down gradually. The e-juice I have is 3mg nicotine per ml. I barely use it (a couple times per week or less) and usually when I do it's while drinking. I can puff down 3-5ml in an evening (9-15mg nicotine) and not feel any ill effect.

The newer "sub-ohm" tank+mods I think are a bit more efficient at delivering nicotine too, so lower nicotine should be used with those.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I usually go through a pack every couple weeks. I only get a serious craving once every few days, but I'll also go a week without any at home. If we're going camping though, it's game on.

Muh brand. DuMaurier is also alright, then most of the others are mediocre, especially Canadian Classics. Any American/European cigarettes are also shit.
export1b.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, DuMo light (Distinct, whatever) and Export A Gold would be my go to's as well.

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love American Spirit organic in the red or yellow pack when I'm out drinking. I used to smoke Lucky Strike unfiltereds but they're hard to find near where I live.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Quitting smoking is something I think of almost daily. But 20 years later, here I still am. Im almost 39, my son is almost 4 - I seriously need to quit this shit.

Thinking about quitting and actually doing it are two completely different situations. You sound like the type that's perpetually waiting for a reason to stop. "Once I get this raise, I'll quit" "If she blow me as soon as I come home without asking, I'll quit."

The truth is, things will never line up to the point when you actually quit. The only choice is to man up, stop being a pussy, and throw out the pack you currently have. Weather or not you take 1 last cig before trashing the pack is up to you, but it's something you need to do for yourself. Nothing will happen in your life that suddenly makes you say "Holy shit, I'm quitting right now." Just do it, and be a better person.

EDIT: Remember, take it second by second, then minute by minute, then hour by hour. Never think of the the big picture, because that will sway you to smoke again.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I started smoking at off and on at16 when I drank at parties and while drinking. Switched to chew at 19 and now 33 and still chewing. Grizzly Wintergreen long cut. I've quit dozens of times for a few weeks or a month but always end up getting bored and start again. I defiantly feel better when I quit, usually sleep better and just feel better all around. Most likely because I get more sleep cause for whatever reason. I need to man the fuck up and get some willpower and quit this shit for good.