Todd Howard - Lifetime Achievement Award at GDC 2016

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
First I said who then looked it up... yeah, Obama received a Nobel peace Prize too.

Curt Schilling gets runner up with a very close 4th place with Brad McQuaid

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I had to look him up too. To save other people the effort, he's the lead guy behind the Elder Scrolls games (1, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and all the of the expansions for each) and Fallout 3 and 4.

Past recipients:

2015: Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy series)
2014: Ken Kutaragi
2013: Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk (Bioware)
2012: Warren Spector (Deus Ex, System Shock, Thief: The Dark Project)
2011: Peter Molyneux (God games)
2010: John Carmack (Doom series)
2009: Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear series)
2008: Sid Meier (Civilization series and many different simulators)
2007: Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario, Donkey Kong and The Legend of Zelda)
2006: Richard Garriott (Ultima)
2005: Eugene Jarvis (Defender and Robotron: 2084)
2004: Mark Cerny (SEGA, Sonic the Hedgehog)
2003: Gunpei Yokoi (1941-1997) (Game Boy, Super Mario Land series, Metroid series)
2002: Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog)
2001: Will Wright (Sim games)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Despite the continuing dumbing down of everything Oblivion onward, Daggerfall and especially Morrowind were amazing for their time and he probably deserves it for those two alone. I probably spent as much time on those two games as any MMO and it really makes me sad how little choice and freedom exist in the modern gamebryo engine games. Not saying they are bad games, just disappointing compared to their legacy.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wait Gabe Newell doesn't have one ? That's actually surprising.

Yeah, we can bitch and moan about the declining depth of Bethesda games, but theymadethe modern sandbox RPG. On the other hand, their heavy utilization of middleware and level design made of lego bricks will never let them make something as awesome as Witcher 3, even if they have enough sense to not release the same game every year and continue to support mods as one of the last few AAA developers.