Tom Clancy's The Division

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
.so did i beat the game?

Currently you've beaten the game when you have 4pc AlphaBridge and 2 high-end (ideally kneepads with 3x XP and backpack with 200% electronics bonus) items all perfectly rolled, along with a pair of LMGs or whatever you prefer with the top 6 talents activated. After that it's just a matter of waiting for the timed-exclusive faggotry to expire so PS4 can get the 1.5 patch too. And Survival mode if you're looking forward to that DLC. Sounds fairly shitty to me, and for that matter most of 1.5 sounds like a big step backwards from 1.4 as well.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Started playing this weekend and made it to level 10. So far seems to be fun just to kill sometime.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
People seem really impressed with Survival. Totalbiscuit said it's the best king-of-the-hill around -- noting that its competitors are buggy and in perpetual pre-release...

Thinking of grabbing this just to check that out.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged this Saturday off Steam. Hit 30 last night. Game is really fun. Going to run a shield/SMG build, but man you need a lot of very specific items and rolls it looks like.

What is the fastest way to lvl my base? I've been doing the side missions, but they only give like 60 points per completion. Add me on Uplay. BrahmaDogBeta.

Vorph

You pretty much have to do everything to unlock all the base stuff.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Picked this up as well. Its ok I guess. I feel Borderlands does gun-Diablo better, though. But temper my opinion because I pretty much hate all cover-shooter games.

Crone

Picked this up as well. Its ok I guess. I feel Borderlands does gun-Diablo better, though. But temper my opinion because I pretty much hate all cover-shooter games.
There are for sure things that I think borderlands does better but after beating the story in BL I never felt compelled to keep going like I do with Division. There's enough end game content to make you want to keep going. It's got that true mmo-esque feel to it in that regard where the game begins at max level.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Get the survival DLC, it's fucking great. It's basically the same system as every survival pvp/battle royal game but with, you know, a functional game engine and real graphics.

Crone

Get the survival DLC, it's fucking great. It's basically the same system as every survival pvp/battle royal game but with, you know, a functional game engine and real graphics.
What does it offer someone that hates PvP?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I just got the base game and am enjoying it. Is the season pass worth it if you want to continue to play? Am I missing out on gear, story without them?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What does it offer someone that hates PvP?

The PvE mode is...okay? It's kind of like condensing the entire game in to a single like ~60 minute run. You start out basically naked, gear up super quick via drops/crafting, rush the dark zone, fight some bosses, try and extract etc. Not really my thing, but it is there.

Played 5 games of PvP survival last night and man is it just great. Used the group queue with a friend and just scrounging/running/hiding and trying to farm some of the harder NPCs near/in the DZ is hard enough, add in other people to constantly worry about and it's just a chaotic shitstorm. It's so good.

The boss NPCs that get spawned when you try and extract are no joke either.

I haven't played the regular game since basically launch, what gear is top-tier there now? The survival mode is paying out stuff that is like level 210ish, is that relevant at all anymore?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I just got the base game and am enjoying it. Is the season pass worth it if you want to continue to play? Am I missing out on gear, story without them?

The season pass ended up being OK. In addition to the expansions, the benefit you get is 2x a month, you get a supply drop in the LZ. Fight your way through some yellows, get 3 pieces of loot. But you get so much loot now from other sources that it's a drop in the bucket now. As for different drops, all the various gear set pieces are available anywhere regardless of the expansion, and the Incursion missions are also all free content.

As for the expansions, I thought Underground was pretty neat. It not really connected to the story, just gives you procedurally generated dungeons to go through. I like it as a nice change of pace from the main missions that I've done 1000x already.

Survival is not connected anywhere storywise, although how well you do in that 1-2 hour standalone and how much look you extract translates to loot drops for your main character. I don't get it until next month, but it's not really my cup of tea and I'm already halfway geared up in 1.5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the summary Warr, sounds like I will be fine with the basic game right now then.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I just saw the updated prices. $20 or 30 or whatever for the base game is a great deal. $40 for the season pass? Not so much. Despite normally voting with my wallet against pre-release hype, I got sucked in pretty deep into this game pre-launch, bought a new headset and everything. Kind of regret it looking back, but it's still fun as hell and I've certainly gotten enough value out of it.

ronne ronne Top tier gear is now 256 which puts you on par with the level 34s in World Tier 5. Of course no one is forcing you to play the top tier content, but it's nice to max that out and then go faceroll content on lower tiers for fun.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
What is the fastest way to level? Doing solo play right now, not able to poopsock this game so wondering how to maximize playtime.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What is the fastest way to level? Doing solo play right now, not able to poopsock this game so wondering how to maximize playtime.

do every side mission + main mission. Thats all you need. Make sure you do the defender or whatever mission first so you can get the upgrade that increases experience.

Crone

Loaded this up tonight for some fun, and change of pace from WoW, and man. I missed this shit. I'm in a terrible PuG, wiping like crazy on Lexington Event center and I don't even care! Fun as Fuck!

Anyone got a clan with Discord and shit that run stuff pretty regularly?

Edit: Question, so what's the numbers next to gear, in orange? +4,754, +329 , etc etc? Some kind of metric to tell if it's an upgrade or not is what I assume, but can't seem to figure it out.

Edit2: Ohhhhh that's how much DPS is being added by mods I think?

Last edited:

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
ronne ronne Top tier gear is now 256 which puts you on par with the level 34s in World Tier 5. Of course no one is forcing you to play the top tier content, but it's nice to max that out and then go faceroll content on lower tiers for fun.[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that though? I already faceroll all T5 content except that Heroic incursions. That shit still tough as fuck. The gear I have now allows me to kill elites/named/yellow mobs faster than the purple veteran guys. Hard modes are more of a challenge to me than challenge modes.

Edit: Question, so what's the numbers next to gear, in orange? +4,754, +329 , etc etc? Some kind of metric to tell if it's an upgrade or not is what I assume, but can't seem to figure it out.

The (orange numbers) are damage added from talents and mods. Some talents don't directly boost your dps, like Meticulous. So it's hard to tell how impactful some talents truly are to your performance.

What platform are you on again?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Loaded this up tonight for some fun, and change of pace from WoW, and man. I missed this shit. I'm in a terrible PuG, wiping like crazy on Lexington Event center and I don't even care! Fun as Fuck!

Anyone got a clan with Discord and shit that run stuff pretty regularly?

You playing this as PC Master race or did you console it up? I'd be down for some PC teamups.