Tom Clancy's The Division

Column_sl

shitlord
There's a building in the DZ that has 3 ropes going up and your squad can kill anyone coming up. Easy to defend, and it allows your timer to run out.

Also another tip is if you go rogue, and your teammates are not they can step in front of you while other people are shooting you making them rogues, and easy pickings for your group.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I do think the environment is really cool, I feel like the DZ needs some work. It is entirely too easy to be max rogue and have everybody hunting you down since you are visible to all. The part that bothers me in particular about it is that once I am rogue even if I am just defending myself and not actually starting fights I basically can never not be rogue. I hate this aspect. I am not sure how you would implement this but I feel like the game should know if I am defending or actually attacking and base the timer on that (if defending no reset on timer, etc).
Considering how nasty the manhunt mode is in general (and it's like what, 5 minutes of the entire map going after you?) the timer should tick down regardless of who you shoot once you reach max rogue.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just pre-ordered via Amazon for the PS4. Was there supposed to be a beta code that was emailed? Or is my son too late?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just pre-ordered via Amazon for the PS4. Was there supposed to be a beta code that was emailed? Or is my son too late?
It might be too late. I was looking into doing that myself yesterday since I'm on the fucking wait list and I couldn't find anywhere where it said beta access. If I get a code for the PS4 I'll PM you since I wont have time to play it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It might be too late. I was looking into doing that myself yesterday since I'm on the fucking wait list and I couldn't find anywhere where it said beta access. If I get a code for the PS4 I'll PM you since I wont have time to play it.
TYVM.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thoughts so far:
I've enjoyed the game and am still really excited for the full release. I got maxed out pretty fast (gear & levels) and haven't really had much to do except PvP anymore so I've put it down so I don't get burned out. I think getting at least 30 hours out of the full release is a worst case.

The 'not good' stuff:
The controls can be pretty clunky at times, imagine an even clunkier Mass Effect 3, but they aren't terrible. The UI is pretty bad and has a lot of inconsistencies that hopefully get fixed, for example marking items for deconstruction moves the cursor to the next item in the normal bag, but in the vendor screens or your contaminated bag marking does not move the cursor. Holding a key/button for most actions has gotten annoying, like with looting: taking one item is a button press and looting all is a button hold (different buttons in each case, mind you). Fast traveling is reduced to two locations in the whole starting area, which makes running to the DZ kind of a pain if you go back to your main base.

TL;DR: If the game is cleaned up a bit and the rest of the content is good (I think it will be), then I think The Division will be worth full price.

Stave

Potato del Grande
What kind of blind fanboy are you. Most of the apartments copy pasta. Can't tell you how many bedrooms had the same wheelchair in the corner. The street's are sorta different, but not by much. I dont get why they made such a point of hyping up, OMG YOU CLOSE CAR DOORSSS. They give you a lot of stuff that kinda is cluttered visually but it's hardly that much depth.
Blind fanboy? Hardly. The game does have flaws. It's a decent game, but not some amazing best game ever. Every apartment I went into was unique enough to me that they felt totally different. Here is an example of an apartment. How many other open world games have this type of detail in one single room? Never said it was depth in gameplay either. It is depth in atmosphere. But a good atmosphere can enhance gameplay.

rrr_img_124508.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They backtracked on the guaranteed beta after a large number of people purchased on amazon, got the beta key, then canceled --- a move I tried to do but was a little to late to get in on. Beta is essentially closed at this point, pre order or not.

Just from watching streams games like pretty fun but they need to rework the rogue status and add a lot more to do. Definitely gonna wait a couple weeks after launch before I make up my mind. Easily see this getting stale after a few days.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blind fanboy? Hardly. The game does have flaws. It's a decent game, but not some amazing best game ever. Every apartment I went into was unique enough to me that they felt totally different. Here is an example of an apartment. How many other open world games have this type of detail in one single room? Never said it was depth in gameplay either. It is depth in atmosphere. But a good atmosphere can enhance gameplay.

rrr_img_124508.jpg
By itself, looks busy etc. Cool.

Run into enough, and you'll find that living room to left is different, but the exact same kitchen. Or Exact kitchen but the table is swapped. So it's like lego's kinda, rooms attached differently with a few pallets and swappable items. If you stop getting excited about some extra soda bottles and compare this to the original trailors. Will see where all the substance has been cut.

The Division's underwhelming beta dampens our expectations | Ars Technica

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Run into enough, and you'll find that living room to left is different, but the exact same kitchen. Or Exact kitchen but the table is swapped. So it's like lego's kinda, rooms attached differently with a few pallets and swappable items. If you stop getting excited about some extra soda bottles and compare this to the original trailors. Will see where all the substance has been cut.

The Division??Ts underwhelming beta dampens our expectations | Ars Technica
Same dumb article linked in the other Division there, guy complaining about running out of missions quick when there is literally only 1 mission in the beta, and complaining about side missions is retarded. Atleast it has side missions and not just a bunch of story missions that run out prior to max level like a certain other game had at release.

This game needs horses, horse back riding through the city would be legit!

Xevy

Log Wizard
First hacker already. Invisible death from nowhere and it doesn't say their name or weapon. It shows in zone chat who did it though. PC master race, indeed. *eye rolls*

Pro piece of shit tip: get rogue status, pump it up to 5. Run out of the contam zone. It teleports you INTO the safe house where you can then wait out the timer for your fat bonus. Siqqq programming.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

The Division??Ts underwhelming beta dampens our expectations | Ars Technica
You really want immersion breaking? Enter an apartment building. The look for a door that is able to be entered and if it has another goor on the same side of the hall. Sometimes that 2nd door has nowhere to lead but into the apartment that you just entered!

LoL. When I saw this and it clicked I just started laughing.

unknown.png

unknown.png

DMK_sl

shitlord
Destinys content at release was actually pretty good. The problem was the DLCs had shit for content and made previous content obsolete
My mind is blown that you think destiny had content at release. It had no story, bland planets with fuck all on them. A tiny 'home base'. And I'm remembering correctly it didn't even launch with a raid they patched it in a couple weeks after. Compared to ANY triple A game that is note worthy it had absolutely fuck all content.

It was SO obvious that they had gutted that game to sell as DLC. There's a reason people say Destiny is now the game it should have been because that's the game it was but instead of selling for $60 they sold it for what $160 or some shit all up?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
First hacker already. Invisible death from nowhere and it doesn't say their name or weapon. It shows in zone chat who did it though. PC master race, indeed. *eye rolls*

Pro piece of shit tip: get rogue status, pump it up to 5. Run out of the contam zone. It teleports you INTO the safe house where you can then wait out the timer for your fat bonus. Siqqq programming.
The invis thing is a known bug, had it happen to a guy in my group.

The closed off zones that port you if you enter them won't be closed at launch, it's just for beta. As should be obvious.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i played Destiny hardcore from day 1 up till 3 weeks into the raid - i quit bc i had played so much i had 3 hunters just so i could run the raid 3 times bc otherwise id have nothing to do in the game . Afterwards i quit till TTK bc the DLCs they released were balls and HoW was lol at best with its fluff content.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have all kinds of mixed emotions about this game, but as it stands right now I feel it's worth about 25 bucks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The invis thing is a known bug, had it happen to a guy in my group.

The closed off zones that port you if you enter them won't be closed at launch, it's just for beta. As should be obvious.
You're right, the bug is with invis people. Still not great, but better than hackers 24 hours into the beta.

The boundaries may still exist unless they physically make boundaries to block it off like the other sections. I'm sure they will. And if they don't they'll make them at least auto-kill you.