Tom Clancy's The Division

Stave

Potato del Grande

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes, open beta 16-21st supposedly for Xbox and 17-21st for PS4 and PC.
Looks like The Division will get an open beta this month Eurogamer.net

Also I agree my PC version looked and played flawlessly. Very polished for a beta. As long as they have anti-cheat in place at launch I will be buying it.

Raid semi-confirmed as well. 8 man raid with normal and hard modes, opens 2 weeks after launch. Rikers Island Prison
The Division's Raid is Rikers Island : thedivision
Nice, but i dont get why they'd want to keep raid details so hush hush so close to release.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I want raid content to be true as much as the next guy but how is that anything more than a rumor at best?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I want raid content to be true as much as the next guy but how is that anything more than a rumor at best?
It isnt, tho supposedly the poster according to "reddit" is credible so only time will tell. It does fall in line a bit with what we were initially supposed to get but nothing is still set in stone until these fucksticks spill the beans. I cant really see an upside to holding back the info except they are still tweaking some base mechanics and unsure how it will affect the raid. In any case we're not far from finding out for ourselves.

spronk

FPS noob
it is such a weird thing to hold back on, like who is going to say "well... now that I know there is a raid, I am NOT buying the game!" literally everyone is the opposite, sorta on the fence if there is no actual end game PVE content

edit: open beta confirmed, feb 18th for xbone and feb 19th for ps4/pc up till 21st. one new mission, beta players get an extra launch item
Join The Division Open Beta Starting February 18 | Latest news and content about Tom Clancys The Division game

too bad combat is nothing like this... more like "fuck... is someone shooting at me? oh i'm dead"

spronk

FPS noob
my previous installed beta got an update today, not sure how big but it was but looks like it will update just fine for the beta. when i run it i can't play but it says beta will start soon (18th on xbox one, 19th on pc/ps4)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Here's some of the changes coming to the Dark Zone for the open beta next week.
New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
Dark Zone experience leveling curve has been adjusted slightly
Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage

Glad they adjusted the density issues.

spronk

FPS noob
if you are thinking of playing division on the pc and for some reason also want to buy a new mechanical keyboard right now, the Logitech 810 mechanical keyboard at best buy is giving a code for the game inside the box, and another code is printed on the receipt when you buy it in store. YMMV on how much longer the receipt 2nd copy will continue, you can check stock around you here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...lack/4812800.p

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
if you are thinking of playing division on the pc and for some reason also want to buy a new mechanical keyboard right now, the Logitech 810 mechanical keyboard at best buy is giving a code for the game inside the box, and another code is printed on the receipt when you buy it in store. YMMV on how much longer the receipt 2nd copy will continue, you can check stock around you here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...lack/4812800.p
BB always fuckin something up, but in this case its a welcome f up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Curious about something, in TBs latest content patch video he said that this game will feature the option to lower graphical settings on the consoles to increase framerate. It will default to settings at 30fps, but will include settings to put it at 60fps.

Increased framerate usually ties directly to the speed and handling of controls/aim. Wouldn't that soon become the norm to do in the dark zone? Fairly sure that with two equally good squads, one running at 30 and the other at 60, the team using the settings for 60 fps would win the vast majority of times.

That said, fully agree with TB that it really should be an option in most games to do so, but when it comes to PVP, if you have the option to go 60 I don't see how that wouldn't quickly just turn into a must use setting.

spronk

FPS noob
Open Beta starts tomorrow on xbone and 19th on ps4/pc. It looks like they reset the servers so your chars are probably all gone. They unlocked a new story mission, the first for the tech tree, its pretty similar to the first medical mission - go into underground area, fight a bunch of fire guys, rescue an NPC who heads up the tech tree. You can then see the tech tree at base and upgrade it once (10 upgrades in full game). Perks and Talents are still locked away, as is character customization.

The turret ability is also unlocked but frankly it seems pretty shitty. Its doing 33 dmg or so to enemies at level 7, and dies kinda fast. It does sorta work as a tank for a short while, I guess.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Haven't followed since the beta. Have they fixed the crazy cheating?
*Supposedly* they will have anti-cheat in place at launch. Unsure if it will be in the open beta or not. They did fix a few of the exploits though such as the invisible person one.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
The notes about changes posted is heartening. But if even the open beta is so feature limited re skills and I assume crafting still. Makes me still concerned on release they will be a hot mess of shit. I mean open beta in a way is also free advertising. You don't give free samples by just giving folk the toothpick it's served on.

To support my skepticism, one thing in beta I was kinda worried out about was modifiers that seemed useless or just too low of a value to mean much. Like 3% reduced threat on suppressors? I liked most stats followed mods that made sense, then I started getting things like heavy magazine springs giving 50% rate of fire. Which btw a very appreciable number vs some bother tiny numbers I saw.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Youre concerned about a L8 item having low modifiers on a game that goes to L30? Its no different than lowbie gear vs high end gear in a traditional MMO -

The Division Skill Calculator- skill calculator been there a while

Crafting has been done a while, and also not sure why youd expect a ton in the beta or alpha. Even Destiny didnt have much for its beta - The way the weapon/gear modifiers work is actually pretty interesting, i mean the perks built in that only unlock when you have X amount of stat. Some of them are pretty powerful and we've only seen a snippet of what we can expect on release.

The Division creative director on the beta and the future: 'there may be some surprises' | Technology | The Guardian