Tom Clancy's The Division

Column_sl

shitlord
Isn't DayZ/H1Z1 the same formula tho? And they are a huge hits, not sure why we all have to play nice in every game.

Like I said make it an opt in program, or a special rules server, and end of story.

Everyone gets what they want.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It has nothing to do with playing nice. There's plenty of pvp fighting other groups, without having to worry about getting ganked by your own group.

You think you'll have so much fun grouping with noobs then ganking them at the extraction zone. Oh yeah, what a thrill, for a few days, then they quit. Brilliant.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait is there no rep system? I guess I assumed if you went rogue other players would know before you get invited again.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No, it's basically like flagging. You go rogue for a set time, like 15 seconds - 5 minutes, depending on your rogue level, which I guess goes up as you keep killing non hostiles.

Column_sl

shitlord
In all honesty, everyone is such a pussy nowadays I'm sure they will get rid of it.

Can you imagine if UO was to come out today, how different that game would have been.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Who cares but your reputation should stick with you. Like killing Bloods on Darktide, you knew they were all idiot trolls who would try to train or wipe dungeons so they were KoS.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Right. So, if you don't know anyone who plays the game, or none of them are available, you don't play. Got it. Great design.
I spent 3 hours in DZ solo and only died once, its entirely possible to earn DZ $$ so long as you pay attention to where the gangbangs are happening. I ended up with around 2200 dz money before i just bought a bunch of purple gear for kicks. If i had 3 more people id have had us all go rogue and just run around and kill everyone in sight like the others were doing. However when you are rogue for long a Manhunt flag is on you so everyone in the DZ will know your location, and you can scan for players and it will show rogue and non-rogue agents incase you just want to be cautious.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Never said you couldn't run around the DZ solo. I'm talking about calling for a loot extraction, that sends a zone-wide message, when you're solo or in a pug. Most of the time, you're gonna die.

All I'm saying is that, in my opinion, being able to drop group in a DZ and kill your teammates is a mistake. These types of games rely on a maintaining a healthy population. When the pop starts to decline, the game starts to die. Having a mechanic that's only pro is giggles for trolls, while its con is driving away players, is not a good design decision. People who think otherwise, tend to be trolls/gankers/griefers who get off on ruining the fun of others, and hate any kind of fair fight.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Little or no risk means little or no reward. Thank god this game is trying something new instead of the same old TDM/CTF/etc zero risk boring PvP.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Never said you couldn't run around the DZ solo. I'm talking about calling for a loot extraction, that sends a zone-wide message, when you're solo or in a pug. Most of the time, you're gonna die.

All I'm saying is that, in my opinion, being able to drop group in a DZ and kill your teammates is a mistake. These types of games rely on a maintaining a healthy population. When the pop starts to decline, the game starts to die. Having a mechanic that's only pro is giggles for trolls, while its con is driving away players, is not a good design decision. People who think otherwise, tend to be trolls/gankers/griefers who get off on ruining the fun of others, and hate any kind of fair fight.
I had about 23/30 in my extraction crate - all you do is call it and run away! It says who called it but doesnt say where YOU are - when the chopper comes just scan the area for hostiles and run to the line and if you see others doing it you have time to do it too. In all the times i did it i only died once and that was when i wasnt solo bc my partner decided he wanted to kill people before they got to send off loot and it flagged us both rogue and we got pummeled. You'd be surprised to know alot of others in the DZ are scared to lose their loot too and may just be as cautious as you are.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep, it's the best. The best way to drive away players in a game where other players are the primary content. GG
So take it not a fan of dayz or call of duty/battlefield? While I fear the it being somewhat content light, neither was I in a game with guns hoping for some sunshine and carebears game for all those RTS players that only skirmish easy bots all day.

Though I kinda see in follow posts, not being thrilled if the guys in your "group" can turn on you... I'm still for the free for all open pvp of it, but if rather than an informal roaming group folk for a "Click OK" formal group I suppose I might rather a forced in it to win it shared tag, because trolls are going to have a field day.

Malkav

French Madman
Running around just doing side missions and encounters is fun. The environment is a lot of fun to explore.

sebur

Bronze Squire

Isn't that the point of PVP games? To ruin the fun of others while also advancing yourself? Then again I want to make someone log out or be scared, I have plenty of other games I can play if this became low pop. While I don't mind a fair fight if its open PVP I also don't expect one. You better believe I am going to kill my friends a couple of times just for the laughs.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Isn't that the point of PVP games? To ruin the fun of others while also advancing yourself? Then again I want to make someone log out or be scared, I have plenty of other games I can play if this became low pop. While I don't mind a fair fight if its open PVP I also don't expect one. You better believe I am going to kill my friends a couple of times just for the laughs.
100% agree. Downloaded the beta for PS4 purely because I want to see how this piece works.

I want to turn on people and take their crap
smile.png