Tom Clancy's The Division

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
I feel im missing something when i see stuff like that, the firearm stat is 700 under mine atm but the dmg is like 50k over. Curious what is giving such a bump.
It's the mods on the weapons. A good magazine mod will really inflate the dps score.

spronk

FPS noob
It's the mods on the weapons. A good magazine mod will really inflate the dps score.
buy the extended magazine mod from the upstairs phoenix vendor, with the right roll it will up your weapons DPS by 40-60k

and yeah the game is Destiny lite really. Its way more content rich for leveling, but very content poor for end game. Any MMO fiend will be done with the game in a single week.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just picked it up on PC, have to fucking under clock my card for stability but other than that it's fun. Steam name is bearfan01 for any slow levelers, just 14 right now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't get too worried about the DPS stat. A lot of it is basically incorrect. Think D3. You could have a char with 1,000,000 sheet damage easily out dps a character with 2,000,000 sheet damage due to other shit like elemental dmg, elite dmg, etc. A lot of people are worried about their snipers being "low dps", but the fact is if you're a good shot and they're stable they'll be the most consistent high dps you can get. Vectors/MP5's because of their inherent crit will boost sheet dps and will help melt mobs that get close, but often have small clips and you'll find yourself running out of ammo in long fights.

Most everyone on twitch is running a crafted Vector and a sniper. Sniper for ranged targets and SMG's are basically a tier+ above LMG's and AR's right now. There's literally no benefit to LMG's and AR's and SMG's get up to 25% inherent crit rate. Stupid.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don't get too worried about the DPS stat. A lot of it is basically incorrect. Think D3. You could have a char with 1,000,000 sheet damage easily out dps a character with 2,000,000 sheet damage due to other shit like elemental dmg, elite dmg, etc. A lot of people are worried about their snipers being "low dps", but the fact is if you're a good shot and they're stable they'll be the most consistent high dps you can get. Vectors/MP5's because of their inherent crit will boost sheet dps and will help melt mobs that get close, but often have small clips and you'll find yourself running out of ammo in long fights.

Most everyone on twitch is running a crafted Vector and a sniper. Sniper for ranged targets and SMG's are basically a tier+ above LMG's and AR's right now. There's literally no benefit to LMG's and AR's and SMG's get up to 25% inherent crit rate. Stupid.
Yep i run the vector and custom M44 from DZ6 - i dont have the pattern from vendor for the mag tho - will need to check that out. I also dont have any crit hit dmg on any of my slots thanks to rng! Has anyone noticed how little scavenging actually works if at all? Tho even considering discussing it brings up numerous RNG topics so nm - That aside what is the purpose of DZ5/6? Some say higher high end loot chance but cant say ive noticed it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
LMGs and ARs suck at literally every point in the game, no reason to use them at all. SMGs blow them both out of the water in every way, unless you really cannot use a sniper for some reason for long range, no reason not to be using smg/sniper. Shotguns have some merit for ridiculous burst damage, but while you're leveling up you'll generally be too frail to risk getting in close enough to use them, especially on the actual story missions/bosses.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just picked it up on PC, have to fucking under clock my card for stability but other than that it's fun. Steam name is bearfan01 for any slow levelers, just 14 right now.
I rolled back my drivers (Nvidia) to 591 series and get way more stability than with the newest drivers.

MossyBank

N00b
Damn took me 13 high end extended magazine crafts to get a rate of fire mag for my Vector. 89% magazine size, 29.50% rate of fire. Got me a almost perfect 99.50% magazine size, 13% weapon damage mag for my sniper rifle too. If you guys have spare Phoenix Points, you should pick up the Extended Magazine blueprint before it's gone, got like 3 days I think to get it, before the vendor restocks.

Game is fun so is the leveling minus those dumb carry a crate to x location. End game wise you have challenge/hard mode missions. There is content but content for people that play 8 hours a day not really. The challenge missions are a tad hard but if you have a good sniper and aim not so bad really. But its a decent grind to get those phoenix credits and rank50 dz to get sime bis gear/mods.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmmmm. I actually like using an LMG because of the feel of it in terms of balance / recoil etc. When I've used an SMG I didn't care for the lack of precision on the 'spray'. Even though the DPS statistic was higher and the crit rate and all the bonuses that feed off crits were nice I actually landed more shots with the LMG

spronk

FPS noob
dunno what level you are but don't base weapon feel decisions on green/blue weapons, they are pretty crap compared to purple/orange ones especially when it comes to recoil and stability. vector acp 45 (crafted) is really good and stable in short and medium range.

Seems like a good guide on how to make a good PVE and PVP build, also recommends SMG (which means nerf inc next week probably)
Winning a 1 v 6: High DPS / Tanky PVE + PVP Guide: : thedivision

Eonan

Doer of Things
The games a fucking blast and I dig the story concept, seems almost plausible (the outbreak resulting in the breakdown of society). I'm playing on PC, feel free to add me either on Steam (Eonan) or uPlay (ApolloEonan)

Some of these hard missions are fucking brutal and I dig it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am not at end game yet so indeed my views have been formed from green/blue weapons. I ended up starting over Sunday night when my best bud got the game because I wanted to accompany him while he leveled, only this time around I have actually used marksman weapons a lot more. I actually now have a character at 21 and another at 8

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AC DERAIL

Did I ever tell you about the time we pushed in Blood's entire shitty monarchy and stole his mansion by preventing his rent mule from paying it off? What a pile of shitty griefing pvpers. I had one of the first high level MRes specced melee chars, survived without item magic for like 64 levels lol.

/AC DERAIL

Anyway is this basically Destiny 2.0 still or is there any hope? I still love the concept but it seems like no one really 'loves' it, it's basically the Destiny "it's so good why isn't there more stuff to do?" type thing.
lol thats awesome. I was never a Blood member until the late late days when Blood wasnt really running shit anymore. Blood was always a faggot who ran around in a Matty robe anyway and was gimped as a character. I played a caster UA named Kono Hito and man was it a great time. I used to play when Blattos was destroying everybody with his cast. That was before they patched fizzles into moving too far from original casting point. People were literally getting Harm VI's t death OFF RADAR lmao.

Anyway what a great fucking game that was. Sorry for derail. Im starting to feel like The Division is already dying though. Not many people in the low level areas at all.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
lol thats awesome. I was never a Blood member until the late late days when Blood wasnt really running shit anymore. Blood was always a faggot who ran around in a Matty robe anyway and was gimped as a character. I played a caster UA named Kono Hito and man was it a great time. I used to play when Blattos was destroying everybody with his cast. That was before they patched fizzles into moving too far from original casting point. People were literally getting Harm VI's t death OFF RADAR lmao.

Anyway what a great fucking game that was. Sorry for derail. Im starting to feel like The Division is already dying though. Not many people in the low level areas at all.
Nothing new - i played from day 1 and tbh outside safe houses i never saw other players in the streets - I cant say im entirely fond of it but it did make leveling a breeze with no competition.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The DZ mobs being loot pi?atas kind of makes running missions pointless and I hate that design decision. I think the game would also have had way more longevity with a standard PvP model. The DZ sounded great in concept but there's currently no REASON to kill anyone other than because you can. I'd like to see something like getting assigned to an agent/rogue team upon entering the DZ and there's no penalties for fighting someone on the opposite team with the bonus of you get rewarded for killing the opposition by getting their loot + a phoenix coin or something. It wouldn't be FFA but would encourage going to the DZ and actually fighting.

Also, add Brewchop to uPlay if you need more people to play with!

spronk

FPS noob
challenge missions are far more efficient for a loot/hour than DZ farming, since you get a guaranteed exotic every mission plus 30 PC plus loot to sell, and you can start crafting exotic gear almost right away whereas with DZ you gotta first rank to 50 then buy blueprints then craft. In ~20 hours of DZ farming I have seen only one exotic drop in all my teams, and it was a yellow stamina mod for me (trash).

the game is honestly addicting at endgame if you are a OCD type MMO lootwhore, I spent 3 hours today morning doing challenge and DZ farming with 3 randoms from reddit and I wanted to keep going, it got pretty quick and you are always getting new and shiny drops constantly. I'm definitely gonna stop playing, don't wanna go back to my MMO/Destiny days of wasting hours per week doing the exact same thing over and over for tiny, tiny +gooder improvements and then getting super pissed when the first xpansion erases all progress.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The phoenix credit blueprints are what you should be getting to craft with since they give you item level 31 gear

What makes the SMGs so much better? I'm only level 13 but I have a blue M4 that I really like the stability of. Had a blue P416 before that that I really liked as well. They both have pretty good control, whereas the SMGs and LMGs I have used seem to spray too much.

Agree on not using shotguns due to not being able to take any hits though. I'm sure that will change with better gear later on.