Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
SMG's have inherent 20-25% crit chance. AR's don't.

So thinking about talents, for challenge mode/horde mode (when it comes) I think there might be some use for AR's and LMG's with the right talents rolled. For instance, a 100 mag LMG with good stability/accuracy with 100% extended mag and the 15% chance to blind on headshot perk could be amazing for suppressing deadly mobs. Also that LMG with the 'headshots reduce cooldowns' perk.

I expect an AR/LMG buff or SMG nerf soonish.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking game is lagging horribly lately. Its unplayable for me on PS4 last 2 days. Keep getting kicked and combat is laggy as fuck.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I wish I had the gear to carry randoms through challenge mode. I can't for the life of me get a group of people with enough gear/skill to complete a challenge mode.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally finished grinding to 30. Phoenix credits don't seem as godawful slow as Reddit led me to believe? Getting 30 per challenging mission + daily bonuses isn't awful. It's not especially quick, but you can grind out a pattern a day pretty reasonably at that rate.

Anyone else running challenging stuff feel free to add me @ Obsequey.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally finished grinding to 30. Phoenix credits don't seem as godawful slow as Reddit led me to believe? Getting 30 per challenging mission + daily bonuses isn't awful. It's not especially quick, but you can grind out a pattern a day pretty reasonably at that rate.

They're also not super mandatory if you get DZ50. Picking up the black market AK or liberator early on is helpful, though, and can be attained just by getting your 30 phoenix credits from hard missions for less than a week.

MossyBank

N00b
Yeah but from what I've read all over the place is that the DZ50 crafting recipes yield ilvl 30 items, where the ones bought from the tech wing for PC are ilvl 31. Plus the grind to DZ50 is pretty long unless you stack xp gear.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah but from what I've read all over the place is that the DZ50 crafting recipes yield ilvl 30 items, where the ones bought from the tech wing for PC are ilvl 31. Plus the grind to DZ50 is pretty long unless you stack xp gear.
Eh. DZ grind isn't too bad. Got from 1-31 in an evening just by running a set route in a fairly unpopulated area. Had 5-6 named we were hitting pretty much on spawn--goes fast with a good group, brutal if you're lost in there. Unfortunately I wasn't the one leading :3

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Problem I have is people complaining about going rogue being shitty, except all those players who got 30 early and have full golds due to having unnerfed phoenix credit drops will just shit on all of us players who are now getting 1-3 drops per named elite.

Well damn , just head shot a dude 2 times for 250k dmg and 175k and only 1/4th of his bar moved. He just rushed me after that as i was unloading my vector in him , 2 clips worth with crits at 35k and his health wasnt moving much at all. Im assuming the dmg numbers we see is being mitigated and not being properly displayed in PVP?

Jozu

Well damn , just head shot a dude 2 times for 250k dmg and 175k and only 1/4th of his bar moved. He just rushed me after that as i was unloading my vector in him , 2 clips worth with crits at 35k and his health wasnt moving much at all. Im assuming the dmg numbers we see is being mitigated and not being properly displayed in PVP?
This is really fucking dissapointing. I havent done much pvp myself but between the sketchy nature of dmg in pvp combined with the decked out max lvl guys running around its just bad.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I thought you wanted a challenge so you could make friends with another badass who could come in and solve all your problems for you?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I thought you wanted a challenge so you could make friends with another badass who could come in and solve all your problems for you?
I'll have to wait an eternity for a real thought out answer from Jozu on this one. I've never yet heard a "pvper" reconcile the issues.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Griefer based pvp does not a sustainable end game make. No matter how much you stamp your feet and pout. Where's Shadowbane these days guyz?

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's PVE damage. You either were hitting an npc or the numbers bugged. Divide by 20 for real PVE numbers. Health is server side so you can't hack it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do you even see damage numbers when shooting players? I can't even remember if you do or not, but I feel like you don't?

And yea, if you're fresh at 30 and fighting people in the DZ, be prepared for some of them to be in complete godmode. Not a stretch at all for some of the mega grinders to be able to win 1v4 fights pretty easily given the gear disparity.

Jozu

Do you even see damage numbers when shooting players? I can't even remember if you do or not, but I feel like you don't?

And yea, if you're fresh at 30 and fighting people in the DZ, be prepared for some of them to be in complete godmode. Not a stretch at all for some of the mega grinders to be able to win 1v4 fights pretty easily given the gear disparity.
This is my fucking point. It was bad design and game mechanics that have lead to a poor pvp environment. That doesnt change the fact that dynamic, player driven pvp isnt still warranted or desired. Im not even a griefer shadowbane fanboi type but if your gonna have a "DARKZONE LOL" then it should have real concequences and incentive to fight other players. Right now thats not true because of the penalty disparity and the broken loot system disproportionately awarding legendaries so now the playerbase is warped beyond reproach.

How am I misguided for wanted quality pvp in a game that sold its fucking self on that very point only to deliver absolute shit in that respect.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
All yesterday i had a 15% per 3 second health regen because my Tenebrae bugged out and kept healing me - im sure there are methods to replicate and it wouldnt surprise me if ppl figured it out and just went crazy chopping up ppl in the DZ
biggrin.png