Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
They're currently taking suggestions in how to improve the rewards for rogue and rogue 5 specifically right now. The only incentive as it stands is ganking items and you get a %age of the people you kills DZ funds. Unfortunately, it's much harsher if you're the rogue and die.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I don't think there will ever be a real balance unless the rewards are at least 2x what you lose when you die. You will at least get the PVP you wanted, however, without normalization, all these people who got in early with the farm will just continue to get ahead even more.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think there will ever be a real balance unless the rewards are at least 2x what you lose when you die. You will at least get the PVP you wanted, however, without normalization, all these people who got in early with the farm will just continue to get ahead even more.
Right, and this is a huge problem. They need to get crafty now and not just give up on the playerbase and figure it out. There is something they can do in that respect. They can either temporarily buff lower lvl players with certain "power-ups" on the map, which would have to only benefit dis-advantaged players, which is actually fucking stupid now that I finished typing that. I really dont know how the hell they fix that issue without rolling shit back or just giving free legendaries to all.

Sulrn

Deuces
Would anyone be averse to an "Sorry guys, we fucked up. Here's our balance band aid and a complete wipe to give everyone a fair shake" ?

Xevy

Log Wizard
We're at the point now where the first day people don't have that much of an advantage anymore. People who grind this shit are still doing fine, getting hundreds of phoenix credit a day to make whatever they want and optimize their shit. The gap is nearly gone. The gap you see now is the casual versus the grinder and that's an MMO PVP battle that has always existed.

If you did your dailies every day since the first day, you'd have near 1000 phoenix credits which is 5-10 of the patterns you need.

The grinders damage in DZ is insane, watching Summit headshot crit people for 51k dmg or more is a bit much. I don't think they tested their damage scaling with high end gear well enough in closed beta. The only way to make it okay is a huge nerf to DZ player damage which will then make lower geared people do less damage than their turrets. They should just have rogue 5's damage decrease and defense increase or something as the timer increases.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, the people that got ahead with the pre-perf phoenix drops aren't *THAT* ahead. Give it another week of people grinding at level 30 and they'll be basically caught up gear wise.

The larger and much more systemic issue is the rogue system being kinda awful at endgame. It worked great while leveling up, as taking items from people actually did kind of matter, but when everyone is 30 and 99.9% of the dropped loot in the DZ is worthless aside from crafting mats, why bother? The penalty for death at rank 5 rogue ismultiple darkzone levels, which takes hours to recover from, so why would any sane person ever do it?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
We're at the point now where the first day people don't have that much of an advantage anymore. People who grind this shit are still doing fine, getting hundreds of phoenix credit a day to make whatever they want and optimize their shit. The gap is nearly gone. The gap you see now is the casual versus the grinder and that's an MMO PVP battle that has always existed.

If you did your dailies every day since the first day, you'd have near 1000 phoenix credits which is 5-10 of the patterns you need.

The grinders damage in DZ is insane, watching Summit headshot crit people for 51k dmg or more is a bit much. I don't think they tested their damage scaling with high end gear well enough in closed beta. The only way to make it okay is a huge nerf to DZ player damage which will then make lower geared people do less damage than their turrets. They should just have rogue 5's damage decrease and defense increase or something as the timer increases.
The PVP at 30 with mostly high end gear feels a lot more "Tom Clancy" than the rest of the game does, funnily enough. It suddenly turns hyper-realistic with everyone being able to drop each other in 1-2 sniper rounds or half an smg mag.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well, the people that got ahead with the pre-perf phoenix drops aren't *THAT* ahead. Give it another week of people grinding at level 30 and they'll be basically caught up gear wise.

The larger and much more systemic issue is the rogue system being kinda awful at endgame. It worked great while leveling up, as taking items from people actually did kind of matter, but when everyone is 30 and 99.9% of the dropped loot in the DZ is worthless aside from crafting mats, why bother? The penalty for death at rank 5 rogue ismultiple darkzone levels, which takes hours to recover from, so why would any sane person ever do it?
Which is why power leveling an alt with dark zone rank 1 to go rogue over and over works great

spronk

FPS noob
you just can't have a pvp game where one player is 4-10x more powerful than another. it never will work, even though all the dumars and folks talk about ultima online, shadowbane, asherons call, etc. Sure the game can exist but new people won't play, and 6m people have already bought the division and 5.99m of them are level 15 or less and when they hit 30 and walk into the DZ and get 1 shot by the 1% they will just stop playing and tell their friends not to buy the game. Its not too bad right now but in a week when all the grinders hit DZ50 and are bored and have leveled an alt to 30 to be their DZ griefer, its going to get really bad.

i'm genuinely curious though how the end game PVP goes, I personally don't think this kind of DayZ/Rust PVP system will be sustainable for long but the alternative - preset, team based, rotating map games has been done to death and is not innovative at all. But then again I'd rather play black ops 3, battlefront, destiny, or upcoming overwatch than this or dark souls 3 PVP. If this thrives and they can grow the base then thats pretty cool and I'm totally wrong, and there are a ton of people who want a more accessible semi-survival game.

In game like this gear should matter and im fine with that. Also it mustve been bugged cause those are the numbers i saw so mustve been a bug. But yeah getting credits/gear is pretty easy. Good challenge mode is lincoln tunnel only 2 spots can be a pain with the shotgunners but any cc takes care of that and thats 30 crdits and a yellow.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Who was the guy from the FoH boards that used to go on and on about PvP imbalance in WoW all the time?

The game is a week old, who gives a shit at this point?

Anyway I'm kinda loving the game, it doesn't force you to do anything and even if there was no multiplayer component I'd still enjoy it. It's nothing like Destiny, I have more playtime in this than I do from Destiny from launch.

Variise

N00b
Still haven't managed to group with anyone and I'm 25. Maybe nobody is actively looking to group? I find that the group finder feature puts you with people who drop instantly every single time. Why would you queue up only to drop. Hundreds of people at this point... not one fucking group that lasted longer than 30sec. Kind of odd.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What system? i havent had an issue with people dropping yet but i only do challenge with people i know on xb1. The hardmodes are just steamrollable so ive not worried about people dropping and havent had it happen yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People really only do public groups to run the story missions, and I mostly agree. The encounters/side quests and stuff aren't really set up for multiple people and are already pretty faceroll by yourself.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
At any rate i fell into that 5% crowd who got fully gold and ran out of things to do but get more phoenix credits to do rerolls and such so its at the point where im waiting on friends to catch up so we can grief people. The only thing really stopping at this point is that i know if i go rogue and die i will lose massive chunks of xp and dz currency while the reverse is not the same. Hopefully in a couple weeks they will have the risk/reward system figured out so it doesnt seem like a super negative to go rogue.

Variise

N00b
What system? i havent had an issue with people dropping yet but i only do challenge with people i know on xb1. The hardmodes are just steamrollable so ive not worried about people dropping and havent had it happen yet.
I'm on PC.

Actually I lied. I did group once with a Russian named dude in the Tutorial of all places. lol

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've been doing the Story missions on hard mode with a random group, never takes long to get one. Add me on Steam if you want and I'm down.

spronk

FPS noob
the matchmaking system kinda sucks, it invites people and if it fills up the group it drops out of matchmaking, but 90% of the time (for story missions) people are too stupid to understand they have an invite to matchmaking - to be fair the invite UI is AWFUL and its just a little tiny text popup - and fail to respond in time and get booted from the group. But the game thinks you fully filled a group so you drop out of matchmaking.

best thing to do is go to group, privacy, set to open, then go to the matchmaking spot, start matchmaking and stay there until you get 4 people who teleport to you, keep enrolling in matchmaking until it happens (can take a dozen+ times). as a bonus, as leader you can boot anyone at any time so you can run the group like hitler

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I hope this isnt real bc it would be just insane this early in the game.

rrr_img_128723.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
I hope this isnt real bc it would be just insane this early in the game.

rrr_img_128723.jpg
That's either fake, glitched, or a modded client. He has firearms on only 3 items and has 6k fire arms. Not possible. He doesn't even have a mod slot on every item.