Tool might eventually release a new album someday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't know if I'd bother with Tool anymore. The Maynard on the back unlit thing isn't new, but he's progressively becoming more and more of a jerkoff diva over the years.

Expect him to waste a bunch of time drinking wine on stage and putting forth a bare bones setlist consisting of the same shit they toured on the last time, with absolutely nothing new or interesting in the slightest involved.

If they put out a record worth a shit, I'll reconsider my stance, but as of now, I most certainly will not ever throw down $100 for a ticket again for that assclown.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stinkfist

that's awful. they could have at least made it one of their longer songs.

the more i hear the less i even want to go to this tour. will probably just spoil my memories of the 2001 and 2002 tours.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'd love to see them live, but I think at this point its like Pharm said, and I would be "chasing the dragon".

Will have to cope w/ never seeing them live, or seeing some sad shadow of what they were when I really gave a shit.

Shrug. At least I got to hear Pink Floyd live one time.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
should add the caveat that i agree with Cutlery here:

If they put out a record worth a shit, I'll reconsider my stance

but Maynard is in such a different place than the rest of the guys right now, i really fear their next album will just be a clusterfuck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a completely different opinion. But they also play at Bill Graham when I see them which is probably the smallest venue they play these days on tours. All GA venue so your seats are as good as you want them to be. I will say the set lists have been completely stale until the past two tours when they finally started switching some things up. Added in No Quarter cover, Opiate, Third Eye, Sweat, The Grudge. Those are all tunes I had never heard before.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i haven't seen them since before 10,000 Days.... would be nice to see some songs from that live, but it looks like they pretty much are only playing Vicarious and Jambi from that album anymore.

saw them play Third Eye in 2002, which was a complete surprise because at that point they hadn't played it since 1998.

looking here http://www.setlist.fm/stats/tool-2bd6d836.html?year=2016 i've already seen them play almost all those tunes between the two shows i went to.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love Tool's music but am so tired of them as a band. Read through this thread and it's obvious that almost everyone - fans and non-fans - seem to be bothered by the band in one way or another.

That being said, if you haven't seen them live and you like the music, do yourself a favor and go see them if you have a chance. Yeah, yeah, you'll never really Maynard on stage, but who gives a shit? Light up a joint and close your eyes and just enjoy the music :)

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm surprised they didn't play Lateralus at all in 2016. I hope they revisit their older songs this tour cause that's where the money is.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm surprised they didn't play Lateralus at all in 2016. I hope they revisit their older songs this tour cause that's where the money is.
Looking at setlist.fm now. For a band that is hailed by it's fans as God's gift to music there is pathetically little deviation in their set lists.

Needless

Toe Sucker
fuck ticketmaster is such garbage, sold out instantly and theres already tons of tickets on stubhub

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Del

Vyemm Raider
I got my tickets this morning. :D

I'm hoping like hell they play some new material during this tour.

Needless

Toe Sucker
imma straight up spread my butt for some tickets, it's been 11 years since them fuckfaces have been to Calgary :(

• 1Like