Top 10 movies of 2012

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
I went into Silver Linings with zero expectations and enjoyed it quite a bit. Hangover guy is entirely convincing as bipolar and while the hunger games girl comes off as forced pretty often, she has spectacular moments as well. I think a lot of it is because the things she's saying are really ridiculous and the camera is just held totally still, so when she's not totally nailing it it seems like she is just on a stage screaming because that's what's in the script. Where there's usually a lot of cuts and camera movement when Hangover guy is flipping his shit.

DeNiro could have been used better, him and his son spend so little time together that his character is entirely one-dimensional. Which I get is the point (he just really likes sports and is superstitious) it felt kind of flat. Worth watching with a lady.

edit: ha, i couldnt figure out who the jokester black friend was, apparently its chris tucker back from the dead

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone seen Seven Psychopaths?

And if any of you have solid streams available for Seven Psychopaths, Silver Linings Playbook, or Killing Them Softly hit a Wakandan up.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I though Killing Them Softly was Tarantino-wannabe bullshit. Pretty poor imo.
Just watched Dredd (on the other hand) and was quietly impressed.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Word? I'll check them both out, if I could find any fucking quality streams!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing about Dredd, is that it was honestly the first movie since Avatar that I didn't like nearly as much without the 3D.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
any best of list that doesn't include Skyfall is a fucking joke, so I'm just gonna move on with my life.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Prometheus should make a top 10 movies list assuming there were exactly 10 movies released in 2012.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I only ever saw bits and pieces of the Alien franchise on cable so I downloaded and watched them in prep for Prometheus. I don't understand the love of the Alien universe in general and subsequently don't understand why Prometheus was so hyped. So with that stance Prometheus was an alright film. Definitely not top 10 worthy but I don't think it deserves the hate that this community seems to have for it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah Prometheus should make a top 10 movies list assuming there were exactly 10 movies released in 2012.
Yeah, pretty much this. What a piece of shit let down that movie was.

My Top 10 for movies I saw.

1. Avengers
2. Argo
3. Zero Dark Thirty
4. 21 Jump Street
5. Django Unchained
6. The Master
7. Chronicle
8. Dark Knight
9. Judge Dredd
10. Ted/Looper

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, pretty much this. What a piece of shit let down that movie was.

My Top 10 for movies I saw.

1. Avengers
2. Argo
3. Judge Dread
4. 21 Jump Street
5. Django Unchained
6. Zero Dark Thirty
7. Chronicle
8. Dark Knight
9. Judge Dread
10. Ted/The Master
You really like Judge Dredd!

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
only 3 movies better than 21 jump street this year. time to give up

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
in no order and i may edit this after today. i also am not going by quality of the film only. i also am judging if it was entertaining
Dredd
Avengers
Safety Not Guaranteed
Dark Knight Rises
Expendables 2
Chronicle
Looper
Cabin In The Woods
Battleship

actually, there really wasnt much to be excited about this year
I noticed your...interesting....list did not have a tenth. May I suggest Prometheus to really round out your choices?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
only 3 movies better than 21 jump street this year. time to give up
It to me was the best comedy of the year and I enjoy comedy's a lot thus why it's up there so far. Movies don't need to be cinematic classics that make you think in order to be some of my favorites. Not all of us can be so hip to the indy scene as you Ham.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
hey I liked it too, I wasn't knocking you for that...

You've seen zero dark thirty and the master, two that I haven't! So it seems like you've got fair access to 'indie' movies as well
smile.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
hey I liked it too, I wasn't knocking you for that...

You've seen zero dark thirty and the master, two that I haven't! So it seems like you've got fair access to 'indie' movies as well
smile.png
Yeah....well....screw you man, screw you.

frown.png