Torrents

Siliconemelons

Seeking to start setting up my own hosted plex - anyone got any invites to a place that works with it to summon my "backup" copies of all these blurays I have

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Seeking to start setting up my own hosted plex - anyone got any invites to a place that works with it to summon my "backup" copies of all these blurays I have
There is no reason for you not to get into Newsgroups and just do it that way, torrents are for unserious people. You are eventually going to set up an automated TV and Movie download setup through Sonarr and Radarr to feed into Plex, and there is no better way to do that than with Newsgroups.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

There is no reason for you not to get into Newsgroups and just do it that way, torrents are for unserious people. You are eventually going to set up an automated TV and Movie download setup through Sonarr and Radarr to feed into Plex, and there is no better way to do that than with Newsgroups.
Yeah, the last I ever interacted with Plex was my old boss like 8 years ago, he said it was just linked to torrents or something.

So if anyone feels like PMing me a guide or link to guide to start with this, much appreciated :)

Is a MacMini a good start? I wont be doing umpteen terabyes of stuff nor streaming 8k to 4 TVs lol.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah, the last I ever interacted with Plex was my old boss like 8 years ago, he said it was just linked to torrents or something.

So if anyone feels like PMing me a guide or link to guide to start with this, much appreciated :)

Is a MacMini a good start? I wont be doing umpteen terabyes of stuff nor streaming 8k to 4 TVs lol.
I just updated the Usenet thread briefly. It has a torrent setup, but I don't suggest it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not to sound like a total moron. But the whole.sonarr radar newsgroup thing is a bit arcane to me but want to move that way

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Streaming seems to be somewhat good for 1080, if that's all someone is looking for. I don't normally use Brave browser for anything else, so I set it up with an open-source add-on called movie-web and then watch pretty much everything in 1080 from a website called Lonelil ru (dot removed to break direct link).

You can set up any chrome based browser for it though, I just used Brave since I could use it exclusively for that add-on and it already had ad/script blocking built in.

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Anyone know good sites besides pirate bay? Something that has a large selection of torrents preferably e-book torrents.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know good sites besides pirate bay? Something that has a large selection of torrents preferably e-book torrents.
Torrenting has various sites listed down the page a little. Run NoScript add-on with your browser or just use Brave browser and it should be safe enough to check out any of the sites. There are/can be notes next to each site listed.

There is also various other categories (Educational) on the left that have books in particular, although I have not looked at any of those sites personally.