Torrents

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Close enough to your PC to just connect it as a display and play it through the pc?

Unfortunately not. I usually watch stuff on my PC, but have been wanting to be able to watch stuff in the living room.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Plex server? How are you trying to play it that it's not working?

USB drive. It plays video fine, but the encoded audio is not supported. I don't really watch enough stuff on a TV to go down the Plex path. I do have a Fire TV Stick that I am gonna install VLC and see if that will work.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Nope no console. Cash flow is super tight atm, so trying to cobble something together. Kinda weird that so many encode a format that does not work on a pretty popular TV. Beggars n Choosers and all that though.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
OK, I figured it out. Installed VLC on Fire TV Stick. Forgot that the router can act as media server, so I plugged in the USB drive there. Open VLC navigate to the server and voila, it all plays nicely.

Thanks for the ideas though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yep. I've learned to just hold out for better quality ones though. I regretted watching them all when we had that huge bunch of screeners in 2015

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I snagged one, to see if quality had improved any, started and removed it immediately cause the quality was real bad.

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately not. I usually watch stuff on my PC, but have been wanting to be able to watch stuff in the living room.

You can setup and use Emby version of plex server and it will let you install the app on a local device (Roku or TV) and will play/interpret these for you. It is almost install config free, rediculously easy. On the Roku the app/channel pulls it in great. I had avoided the Plex because of fear of having to multiple set it up and re-configure, etc. But I stumbled onto this and it was setup before I realized it. If you torrent - and watch anywhere other than that device then you should use this. Note: on Win10 you have to use a browser interface rather than the store app.

Yes, I read that you found a working solution - but you may want to try this. It is cost free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was reading the IPT forums for some reason, and I ran across a tidbit that talked about one way to help ratio, is download just the sample file, or download just a few .rars out of the entire download, and then that way your download size will be small , but you can upload that part over and over again to everyone for decent ratio. How the hell do you do this and have it not error out that it's an incomplete torrent? Like right now, I just deleted the sample file out of a torrent, and it's showing up red, and that I need to start seeding it on IPT because it's not the same thing I downloaded?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was reading the IPT forums for some reason, and I ran across a tidbit that talked about one way to help ratio, is download just the sample file, or download just a few .rars out of the entire download, and then that way your download size will be small , but you can upload that part over and over again to everyone for decent ratio. How the hell do you do this and have it not error out that it's an incomplete torrent? Like right now, I just deleted the sample file out of a torrent, and it's showing up red, and that I need to start seeding it on IPT because it's not the same thing I downloaded?
you can download partial in most progs,

this is qbittorent
a51a9ace3a92d08baedb103f91d9eae2.png

with the torrent selected, click content and just checkmark or blank for downloaded, the download priority column will show you whats happening.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I would assume you just deselect the main file when you're previewing the files after first downloading the magnet file, and before you hit "ok" to confirm the download

Crone

Yea, sorry I didn't clarify. I absolutely understand what you guys mention, and can uncheck files before I hit OK. Maybe it's been a while, but if I've done that in the past, what I have downloaded, doesn't match the "full" file from IPT, and therefore it turns red, and won't upload. Considers it incomplete. Maybe this is just after a file gets deleted, from downloading the whole thing? I guess I have to test now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea, sorry I didn't clarify. I absolutely understand what you guys mention, and can uncheck files before I hit OK. Maybe it's been a while, but if I've done that in the past, what I have downloaded, doesn't match the "full" file from IPT, and therefore it turns red, and won't upload. Considers it incomplete. Maybe this is just after a file gets deleted, from downloading the whole thing? I guess I have to test now.
post the article?

Crone

One of the sticky posts on their connectivity forum. Was just reading through to make sure I was generally on the right track. One of the posts, in response to a dude that had downloaded like 26gb in a few days, and was complaining about zero upload, was talking about this method to help with ratio.

I've got 88k bonus points so I'll just download something, uncheck everything but one file and let it go and see if that works.

I know just last night I picked up a movie that had a sample. Plex tried adding it to my movie library so I deleted it. Sure enough, I check this morning and IPT is telling me I have one torrent that needs seeded and Deluge has it listed red. Because the sample file is gone and therefore it's incomplete. Again, I'll test if the same thing happens if I do it from the very beginning.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Ipt has lots of different txt files that were originally serials for programs and games. They are out of date now but people seed them 24/7 as they generate points and are very small 5k or so. You should be able to find them by searching serial and clicking the number of seeders and using the ones with the most seeds. They often have hundreds of users sharing them.

If you want the easiest time with ratio, the best thing to do is get a $10 feral seedbox for a couple of months as that can net you at least 10tb of upload a month. The last seedbox I used was back in 2016 and I've not even dented my upload in 4 years. Ratio just becomes a non issue on most sites afterwards.

Crone

Ipt has lots of different txt files that were originally serials for programs and games. They are out of date now but people seed them 24/7 as they generate points and are very small 5k or so. You should be able to find them by searching serial and clicking the number of seeders and using the ones with the most seeds. They often have hundreds of users sharing them.

If you want the easiest time with ratio, the best thing to do is get a $10 feral seedbox for a couple of months as that can net you at least 10tb of upload a month. The last seedbox I used was back in 2016 and I've not even dented my upload in 4 years. Ratio just becomes a non issue on most sites afterwards.
And with a 940\40 connection, why can't I do what a seedbox does? I probably need to read up on what a seedbox is, but I thought it was just a storage place that has good bandwidth for you to get some ratio. I have the bandwidth.

Regardless I'm not hurting for ratio or bonus points. Just was looking into things outta curiosity.