Torrents

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm having plex issues, and my Google-fu doesn't seem to come up with anything.

Streaming a show on an amazon fire box, which is a remote, so the server or whatever has to transcode. Going along fine and then it'll freeze. Back outta plex and click play and resume again, and it starts playing, then freezes in the same spot. Like maybe it's just replaying what's cached and can't get any more from the server?

It'll go for another few minutes, and do this again. Freeze, can't get past a certain point, then it'll finally start working until it freezes again.

Any ideas?
2.4ghz wireless or hardwired?

IF it is 2.4 ghz wireless does it happen often?

How I fixed that, mostly fixed I should say, is limit the channel width to 20mhz on the router. Changed it from auto. YMMV but cut my pauses and stalls during playback by 95%. Rarely happens now.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2.4ghz wireless or hardwired?

IF it is 2.4 ghz wireless does it happen often?

How I fixed that, mostly fixed I should say, is limit the channel width to 20mhz on the router. Changed it from auto. YMMV but cut my pauses and stalls during playback by 95%. Rarely happens now.
2.4ghz wireless. I've changed to 20mhz as an attempted fix for another problem. At least that's the server router. The router that the Fire box is on I have no idea. I can't control that one.
frown.png

It's just weird that it seems to only happen at night. And it'll finally come back and get past the freeze, only to freeze again a few more minutes into the show or movie. Does this over and over again, but comeback the next morning and I watch an hour show without any problems. I don't know. Comcast f'ing with me!

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
anyone have a good place to download or stream the howard stern show and the artie lange podcast? I used to have a few sources to get stern shows from but I guess they are really cracking down on them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just realized I borked my IPtorrents account when I wiped my machine for Windows 10.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'd imagine s(he) lost all of the torrents that were there before the wipe and now they can't be reseeded back.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Get a lifetime of secure, private browsing from PureVPN | BGR

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or the Networking thread. So I flipped a coin and put it here!

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I have been contemplating signing up for a VPN service for a while now, and this seems to be a pretty stellar deal. Is there anything in there I am missing? Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Pros, cons? Is it worth it?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
That would work hypothetically, but I don't think Mist has the files at all anymore. She would have to completely re-download her library, so that they could be seeded again.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I wiped everything that wasn't documents in my cloud storage or stuff that wouldn't fit on a 16gb USB.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can just find the torrents again and have them path to the current location and it will just check right? It's a pita but you don't actually download anything this way and you'll get credit?
You mean find the torrents on other sites? Will that count towards uploading for credit?

Sterling

El Presidente
You mean find the torrents on other sites? Will that count towards uploading for credit?
Well you can do that too but they have to be identical files. What I meant was if you had the media still, if you download the file again it will check the path you chose and if the file is already there even if it's partial it will check first and you'll start uploading and not actually have to download anything. If you don't have the media files then this doesn't work. But sometimes you can download at one site and upload at another like you were saying but they have to be identical files. Which does happen sometimes since some of the major uploaders upload to more than 1 site.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have a couple of the files, but I can't get the .torrent file to reseed from iptorrents.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you just point the download location to the files current location when you open the .torrent in your torrent program it should just check contents and start seeding.
I don't have the .torrent file and iptorrents won't let you grab the .torrent file.

Doesn't matter anyway, the file I wanted to reseed was originally rars anyway.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't have the .torrent file and iptorrents won't let you grab the .torrent file.

Doesn't matter anyway, the file I wanted to reseed was originally rars anyway.
What you do is go to download it again and just path it to where the file is. If it's the same file without having been renamed or anything it will check it and you won't have to redownload it. You can do the same thing to get upload credit on other sites. If everything was archived and your files are not then that's an issue.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What you do is go to download it again and just path it to where the file is. If it's the same file without having been renamed or anything it will check it and you won't have to redownload it. You can do the same thing to get upload credit on other sites. If everything was archived and your files are not then that's an issue.
I can't get the .torrents themselves. IPtorrents tells you what files you need to be seeding, but then when you try to grab the .torrent from their site, it blocks you.