Torrents

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol... same but only seeded back 1.5gb of it.
frown.png

I need to get a seedbox, maybe that would make a difference. With 40 of these screeners that are gonna drop, my ratio is gonna get outta control!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Everything just dropped in the last 48 hours. Hateful 8, Revenant, Creed, Bridge of Spies, Concussion, Good Dinosaur, Steve jobs, In the Heart of the Sea...

god I love screener season. Reminds me of the good ol days when you'd see screaners for almost every movie, year-round :/

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ever since I got my giant ass tv screener season has been a huge letdown for me. HD or gtfo

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Why is it that screeners have a season? There's just so many going out at once that some loss is deemed acceptable by the studios?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So screeners don't get sent out year round? I find this hard to believe.
Find it hard to believe all you want but it's the current reality.

Screeners used to be sent out year round back in the VHS days so the stores could watch and see how many copies they wanted to order for their store.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
DVD screeners were even pretty common year round up until just the last 3-4 years. 5+ Years ago you could get a DVD-quality screener for almost every single movie release withing a few days or weeks of release. Now you almost never see them except during December/January for Oscar season.

I remember having DVD screeners of the first Transformers movie, Iron Man 1, Batman Begins, the oringinal Spiderman, etc almost immediately after their releases. Nowadays the big summer blockbusters don't dream of sending out screeners. They just don't exist.

I specifically remember going to see The Dark Knight in the theater on opening night, leaving the theater thinking that I immediately wanted to see it again, and then going home and finding a DVD screener of it online the next day. Was awesome.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. So screeners aren't the same as movie copies sent to people/celebrities who can't/don't go to theaters right? I've heard media people talk about watching new releases at home because they were friends with the director or whatever. That's what made me think screeners were year round.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Interesting. So screeners aren't the same as movie copies sent to people/celebrities who can't/don't go to theaters right? I've heard media people talk about watching new releases at home because they were friends with the director or whatever. That's what made me think screeners were year round.
Yeah these "scene" screeners are usually the oscars/globe copies sent to the plebs in the voting panel that are a little more nefarious.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
During awards season, there's probably 10,000+ people who get screeners sent to them, as members of SAG or the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences or whatever. Hell, the academy alone added like 270 new members last year. The organizations are HUGE. Leaks are going to happen when you send out 10s of thousands of copies of a movie.

Here's something interesting though

Pirated Screener Traced Back to Top Hollywood Executive (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So apparently some drama goes along with screener season? Posted in one of the screeners released NFO information:

Notes:

DVDScreener 15

we held back this title till 1 week after cinema premiere to give the movie a fighting chance to play in the budget, we learned from our mistake

Statement:

We didnt plan to comment at all on recent events, but we feel now that we should.

Sorry to disappoint M but there was no hack or any such thing . we got the copies sold from a guy on the street, no decryption was needed. we were definately not the only ones.
cpl other movies have been on the net days before, not done from us
So we wanted to share this movies with the people who are not rich enough or not able to watch all nominated movies in the cinema.

Of course this files are not representing the movies how they can be enjoyed in the cinema

As said in our nfo, please support the producers and watch all movies in the cinema on a big screen, like you should do anyhow.
The Producers need the money from ticket sales to get back the production costs.

As for Hateful Eight Movie:

We feel sorry for the trouble we caused by releasing that great movie before cinedate even has begun.
we never intended to hurt anyone by doing that, we didnt know it would get that popular that quickly

The Hateful Eight is an excellent,thrilling and entertaining Western that combines terrific direction,a fantastic cast,a wonderful script,beautiful photography and a memorable score.
All of those elements make The Hateful Eight an unforgettable film that is Quentin Tarantino at his best.

Since everyone is now talking about this movie we dont think the producers will loose any money at cinedate, and we tell you now why.
we actually think this has created a new type of media hype that is more present in the news,radio and in the papers than starwars, and the promotional costs for this were free

If lets say 5% of the people planned to watch this movie at cinemadate, due to this media push we unintenionally created, we believe that now 40% of the people will watch this movie in the cinema
cause everyone is talking about it and everyone wants to see the movie that created so much noise.
this will push the cinema tickets sale for sure.

we really hope this helped out the producers in the longrun, so that the production costs are covered and more

we also think that the hateful 8 movie is the top candidate for the awards and will win by a mile over others
thx tarantino for this wonderful movie

sorry it was around christmas we didnt plan that at all either, we wont do another movie before its cinedate,
and we def wont go up to 40 as planned, we think we have done enough already.

cheers

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I generally believe in stuff like that. Hollywood just has their head up their ass, so does the music industry. I've definitely downloaded TV shows I would never have watched on TV because I was so far behind, or didn't think I would like it, to then actually start watching it on TV and buy the seasons of it. The vast majority of people who download things are people who wouldn't have paid for it anyways, but there are definitely people out there who it encourages them to actually spend money on it IF you actually make a good product.

I'd rather be able to just pay and have easy access, but with all the shit like ads on sites, shitty quality etc it's just far easier to download most things. For example I went to watch the Expanse episodes 3 and 4 on syfy's site, and after about 5 minutes I just downloaded it because the site wasn't worth the hassle. Video player sucked ass, couldn't full screen it, a billion fucking commercials etc.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want to say that I finally jumped into Plex. I like it so much I paid a year for it. Opened my media to the public (for my friends). Not sure why I never did this before.