Torrents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malt_sl

shitlord
Anything and everything torrents.

I have some IPT invites if anyone needs still. I could use a TVTorrents, PtP, or BTN invite!

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anybody have any seedbox advice or recommendations? Looking to obtain one for obvious purposes but not sure where and what I should be looking for.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anybody have any seedbox advice or recommendations? Looking to obtain one for obvious purposes but not sure where and what I should be looking for.
I use whatbox.ca and have nothing but good things to say about the service.

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use whatbox.ca and have nothing but good things to say about the service.
Whatbox.ca seems to be a good all around option. I've read a lot of unmetered sites share users over a box and ultimately can slow your speeds significantly.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I am curious as to how seedboxes work. I assume you torrent the file to your seedbox and then download it from there to your own machine? It keeps seeding from the seedbox so as not to impact your metered bandwidth. That sound about right?

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am curious as to how seedboxes work. I assume you torrent the file to your seedbox and then download it from there to your own machine? It keeps seeding from the seedbox so as not to impact your metered bandwidth. That sound about right?
Yep. Most come with a beefy connection (100mbps+) both ways with some storage space on the server. You can VPN/SSH into the server to add/move torrents/files around, and then can secure FTP into the server to grab your files.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
How much storage space is common with most seedbox services? Are you going to be able to leave several HD movies(4-10GB apiece) seeding at all times, or do you have to be pretty pro-active at pulling stuff off of the server and clearing out space for new downloads?

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
How much storage space is common with most seedbox services? Are you going to be able to leave several HD movies(4-10GB apiece) seeding at all times, or do you have to be pretty pro-active at pulling stuff off of the server and clearing out space for new downloads?
Absofruitly. I've seen many sites offer several hundred gigabytes even in their starter packages for storage. A starter flex plan with whatbox.ca gives you 210GB iirc.

Halan

Molten Core Raider
Starting this thread up again with the new forums.

Two iptorrent invites available. First two to PM me gets 'em

Soljourn

Lord Nagafen Raider
For Ebooks, this was posted on the old site

1. DL a irc client (chatzilla for firefox works well enough)

2. irc://irc.irchighway.net/

3. /join #ebooks

4. follow the rules

MossyBank

N00b
I'd love a IPT invite if anyone wants to throw one my way.

I've been lurking since EQ days, but never posted on the old FoH boards.

I'll see if I can get you an invite to nzbs.org when they open up invites again (if you use usenet).