Total Conflict: Resistance - New Strategy/FPS/RTS Game

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
This game was just released in Early Access today.
It got mentioned in another thread, but doesn't have one of its own and I can't find the previous post... so figured I'd make a new one!

this is kind of a modern interpretation of Mount & Blade style army vs army battles, where you command your troops and swap between playing as any individual asset within your army. seems like a cool mix of Mil-Sim, RTS, FPS, Strategy, Map Painting Campaigns, etc.

(I like this guy charging a fortified enemy position 100 yards ahead of his troops with a pump shotty)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Interesting. I am going to take a look at this. When I was waiting on Bannerlord, Freeman: Guerilla Warfare did something like this and it scratched an itch. They stopped development to supposedly start over but last they posted anything was about a year ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yeah I remember Freeman GW. That game fell apart and the fans are still trying to fix it on Steam Workshop.

I used to play a lot of Arma 2 and its mods, then DayZ Standalone and Arma 3.
There was an Arma 3 scenario called Antistasi, which was basically a living map with multiple factions pushing to control territory and take assets.
You could choose your entire kit, including dressing as a civilian to go undercover and scout, etc.
It was a ton of fun, and a really cool way to turn Arma 3 into a long-play territorial faction grind, kinda like Planetside. It could be multiplayer, single player, or coop.

I've been hoping to find something that gave me the same feeling... realistic feeling mil sim, FPS, strategy, controlling AI war assets, etc. And I'm always looking for a game that I can stop/start on a dime, since I'm a full-time working dad.

Total Conflict: Resistance seems like it'd scratch that itch for me, as it's both micro-battles and macro map-painting for control of territory.
I'm picking it up now and giving it a go.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was trying to remember the name of this the other day, shame it's abandoned though.

Yeah I was kinda bummed to see that it is generally regarded as abandoned now. They had some interesting concepts going and I honestly didn't think it needed a restart.