Total War: Warhammer

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

----

RIP Isabellas trait.
Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein – Sylvania: Unlike the other Legendary Lords, this power couple will be staying together in undead matrimony, but will be playable within the same campaign. If you choose Vlad as your Legendary Lord, Isabella will be automatically unlocked as a hero and vice versa.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Be'lakor is Warriors of Chaos now but has the Daemons of Chaos roster like Daniel? I figured they would have put him on Daemons of Chaos. With the superior roster options, why would you ever start with Archaon/Kholek/Sigvald? Guess we'll have to see how strong their unique faction abilities are.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm cant bear to watch anything from the shills who kissed this games ass and pretended it was fine, just so they could get access and post content to up their viewership.

I'll just wait and see what's cooking from people here who are daring enough to invest a lot of time in the immortal empires campaigns.

I can't shake the feeling this is more controlled destruction of something we love.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

I'm cant bear to watch anything from the shills who kissed this games ass and pretended it was fine, just so they could get access and post content to up their viewership.

I'll just wait and see what's cooking from people here who are daring enough to invest a lot of time in the immortal empires campaigns.

I can't shake the feeling this is more controlled destruction of something we love.
Indypride does a pretty good job in criticizing, but he doesn't rail into CA like Legend does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
RIP Isabellas trait.
Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein – Sylvania: Unlike the other Legendary Lords, this power couple will be staying together in undead matrimony, but will be playable within the same campaign. If you choose Vlad as your Legendary Lord, Isabella will be automatically unlocked as a hero and vice versa.
As a huge fan of the Vampire Counts, I'm more than a little worried about the Vlad & Isabella change. Lord units get a much wider, stronger array of skills/buffs/traits than hero units, and this feels like a giant nerf - not only to the ability to get Isabella's defeat trait, but to the Vlad/Isabella campaign as a whole.

Turning either Vlad or Isabella into a hero unit attached to the other removes the ability to make a thematic, reinforcing army around that character. I'd prefer they keep each of them as separate Legendary Lords, but I suppose I can always mod this out if I have to.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Legend is definitely the most objective of them all and is the only one I trust opinions on for TW.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
As a huge fan of the Vampire Counts, I'm more than a little worried about the Vlad & Isabella change. Lord units get a much wider, stronger array of skills/buffs/traits than hero units, and this feels like a giant nerf - not only to the ability to get Isabella's defeat trait, but to the Vlad/Isabella campaign as a whole.

Turning either Vlad or Isabella into a hero unit attached to the other removes the ability to make a thematic, reinforcing army around that character. I'd prefer they keep each of them as separate Legendary Lords, but I suppose I can always mod this out if I have to.
I imagine their hero versions will be very powerful (remember Lord Kroak is just a "hero"), and nothing prevents a hero unit from having faction-wide or army-wide bonuses.

Muurloen

Gawd, been fighting my own disaster battle (L/VH) for like the last 3 days. Finally got the positioning and microing down correctly to pull out the W. Lost an immortal WP so no big deal. Malakith is right next door tho.

1657042734222.png

1657042752627.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
nothing prevents a hero unit from having faction-wide or army-wide bonuses.
Definitely, but with all the other things Creative Assembly needs to fix in IE, I'm kind of doubtful they'll get this working right out the gate. For example, I like to use Isabella's army as a flying goon squad in my Vampire Count campaigns, since she's got great buffs to embedded vampire heroes, bats, Vargheists, etc. If she's going to be relegated to a hero in Vlad's army, I don't think they'll allow his unit buffs to stack with her old unit buffs from when she was a Legendary Lord.

One other problem I have with Legendary Hero units - be it Kroak, Ariel, Felix, Ghoritch, etc. - is that the AI use them horribly, wasting them on the campaign map 75% of the time. I have over 2500 hours in TW:W2, and it's depressingly rare that the AI embed Legendary Heroes in armies at all - much less with their lore-appropriate Legendary Lords.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Legend is definitely the most objective of them all and is the only one I trust opinions on for TW.

I don't seem to recall him saying "abort! Abort! Abort! Don't launch like this!"

Did I.... miss that?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't seem to recall him saying "abort! Abort! Abort! Don't launch like this!"

Did I.... miss that?
No, but at least he was telling everyone the realm of chaos mechanic sucked nuts well before launch.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah they wouldn't have listened to him and X'd him off their list if he did.

Dude was legit mad AF about the game, wasn't some Asmon style reaction stunt either. I'll give him that.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Did I.... miss that?

He did provide feedback, even before public launch. But, they aren't going to listen to him and change the entire mechanic that close to launch. Since then, however, the MASSIVE public negative feedback has made them revise the game. We'll see if it's enough, or too little, too late.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
He did provide feedback, even before public launch. But, they aren't going to listen to him and change the entire mechanic that close to launch. Since then, however, the MASSIVE public negative feedback has made them revise the game. We'll see if it's enough, or too little, too late.
I couldn't care less about the RoC campaign as long as Immortal Empires doesn't suck. That said I wonder what percent of players have all 3 games (or what percent of players primarily played ME over vortex as a long term indicator - I think I did one TK and one VC "vortex" campaign, and ME for literally everything else).

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't care less about the RoC campaign as long as Immortal Empires doesn't suck. That said I wonder what percent of players have all 3 games (or what percent of players primarily played ME over vortex as a long term indicator - I think I did one TK and one VC "vortex" campaign, and ME for literally everything else).
I liked the vortex map, as it had more "new" areas (after playing the shit out of WH1) and, for a long time, it had much faster turn times. So I played 2 or 3 campaigns with the Vortex ruleset, when the game was released and then a bunch of campaigns for the other lords that didn't use the vortex rules, on the vortex map (at least 3 TKs, 2 VCoast, 1 Lizard, 2 High Elves, 2 Dark Elves, 1 Empire, and 2 Skaven).

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

But, they fucked up the story campaign, so I don't have much hope for ME right out of the gate. At least the Vortex in #2 was fun the first few times. 3's campaign wasn't.

• 1Like