Total War: Warhammer

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I imagine AI grimgor gets wrecked by AI Kholek every time. Or maybe neither gets coded to rush the other right off the bat.
I really like the new Kholek start position - that might just be my first campaign to try out in IE. Smash up Grimgor early, then use Dragon Ogres & Shaggoths with their bonus vs. large to clear the mountains of Ogres, work my way down to Kugath and then destroy all of Cathay from the southwest. After that, maybe use the sea-lanes to take on Mazdamundi, conquer Lustria, etc. Seems like it would be a really different and fun way to play a Warriors of Chaos campaign after all these years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I really like the new Kholek start position - that might just be my first campaign to try out in IE. Smash up Grimgor early, then use Dragon Ogres & Shaggoths with their bonus vs. large to clear the mountains of Ogres, work my way down to Kugath and then destroy all of Cathay from the southwest. After that, maybe use the sea-lanes to take on Mazdamundi, conquer Lustria, etc. Seems like it would be a really different and fun way to play a Warriors of Chaos campaign after all these years.
Assuming the 4 chaos champion DLC gets released alongside IE, I'd be tempted to do the same. Then again, another part of me wants to wait for Chaos Dwarfs and more Ogre/Cathay LL before starting anything in the east.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm looking at Volkmar, smashing tic-tac-toe for the campaign movement trait, then get heavily involved in the southland thunderdome.

Of course send a hero as quickly as I can to make contact to Markus to confed him.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So confirmed no revamps considered for kite and tower spam?
All they've said to my knowledge is that it's on their radar to keep IE from being a minor settlement slog. I'm sure there's an "AI can't rebuild towers mid-battle" mod already, or there will be shortly after release, because that's my main fucking complaint.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
1658337273019.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All they've said to my knowledge is that it's on their radar to keep IE from being a minor settlement slog. I'm sure there's an "AI can't rebuild towers mid-battle" mod already, or there will be shortly after release, because that's my main fucking complaint.

Sieges should be no more than 25-30% of total battles, IMO. It's intolerable now.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah if it's a base ass settlement why have all these towers spewing garbage at you.

The whole resources to make towers DURING the fight sucks. That has to change, let it generate that as a separate resource and let you build out defenses before a fight.

And make it for T2+ settlements only or something. I put up with as many of those as I could and was absolutely DONE with tower spam cell phone game mechanic shoved in there.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to act smug and superior for correctly predicting this before the game came out but I'd much rather have been wrong.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty new to the Total War franchise and have been on and off with Warhammer 2/3. I haven't been able to click with either because I never felt I was doing very well or making positive headway. I did a portion of Teclis's campaign and was confused when I should continue the main journey or dominate territory. I did Skarbrand's story but fighting in another realm every like... 5-10 rounds was fucking obnoxious.

Wondering people's thoughts on which one I should play first and sink my teeth into understanding the game better. Should I just focus on a faction I like from Warhammer? (Greenskins or Tomb Lords) or should I learn TW3 more thoroughly since it is the likely to be the latest supported and the new "scene"?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah if it's a base ass settlement why have all these towers spewing garbage at you.

The whole resources to make towers DURING the fight sucks. That has to change, let it generate that as a separate resource and let you build out defenses before a fight.

And make it for T2+ settlements only or something. I put up with as many of those as I could and was absolutely DONE with tower spam cell phone game mechanic shoved in there.
I don't really get why people are resistant to using mods. They don't break cheaves, and there are mods that do exactly this already. The one I saw (from months ago) sets the line at tier 3 settlements and regional capitals as the only maps that get siege battles.

Additionally, mods like Steel Faith Overhaul or Radious improve the game immensely.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Ignore War 3 until like you read here that it doesn't suck balls(may never happen). Play War 2 Mortal Empires... and do whatever the hell you want when you want. If by storyline you mean the quests do them when you can... but generally its better to do them later if you can because you will have access to more powerful units that will make those quest battles easier

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't really get why people are resistant to using mods. They don't break cheaves, and there are mods that do exactly this already. The one I saw (from months ago) sets the line at tier 3 settlements and regional capitals as the only maps that get siege battles.

Additionally, mods like Steel Faith Overhaul or Radious improve the game immensely.

These mods have implemented the most common sense shit ever. I don't like setting them up or running into campaign ruining glitches. Call it a sore spot from my multiple ruined Skarsnik campaigns without even having mods involved.

Is CA doing this egotistical "we know better" shit when they don't that Blizzard routinely did?

Like holy shit can they play their own game, realize things and admit them? What exactly is the danger here other than clinging to stubborn "I have this position not these idiots" nonsense?

• 1Like

Burns

I am pretty new to the Total War franchise and have been on and off with Warhammer 2/3. I haven't been able to click with either because I never felt I was doing very well or making positive headway. I did a portion of Teclis's campaign and was confused when I should continue the main journey or dominate territory. I did Skarbrand's story but fighting in another realm every like... 5-10 rounds was fucking obnoxious.

Wondering people's thoughts on which one I should play first and sink my teeth into understanding the game better. Should I just focus on a faction I like from Warhammer? (Greenskins or Tomb Lords) or should I learn TW3 more thoroughly since it is the likely to be the latest supported and the new "scene"?
Currently, the best game experience is probably one of the free lords or paid DLC races on the Warhammer 2 Vortex map.

I really liked the Tomb Kings, but that's a bit pricy. So the next two easiest races are Lizardmen and High Elves.

The Free DLC for them are (it has been some time, but I think they have their own objectives, so you don't need to worry about the map objectives (Vortex)):
High Elf​
  • Alith Anar
  • Imrik
Lizardmen​
  • Tiktaq'to
  • Gor-Rok
Make sure they don't have the vortex objectives at the top of the screen enabled, then just work toward their personal objectives at all times.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burns

These mods have implemented the most common sense shit ever. I don't like setting them up or running into campaign ruining glitches. Call it a sore spot from my multiple ruined Skarsnik campaigns without even having mods involved.

Is CA doing this egotistical "we know better" shit when they don't that Blizzard routinely did?

Like holy shit can they play their own game, realize things and admit them? What exactly is the danger here other than clinging to stubborn "I have this position not these idiots" nonsense?
I guess you are unlucky with bugs. I have spent 90% of my time running mods in 1165 combined hours of WH 1/2 and I don't recall many bugs (there were probably some, but not frustrating enough to sear in an everlasting memory).

The only broke game I can vaguely remember is when Wulfrik was first released on the Norsca overhaul (and I think that was using 0 mods, since new patches generally break things, and I didn't want to wait).

• 1Like