Total War: Warhammer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah if they tune up IE and add chaos dwarves, I'm still on board. I'll take the good with the bad, u feel me?

Really appreciate Legend's humility and appreciation to the community. Undoes a lot of his snakery in my eyes which was kissing the game's ass to keep his exclusive access to make Youtube content for views.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah if they tune up IE and add chaos dwarves, I'm still on board. I'll take the good with the bad, u feel me?

Really appreciate Legend's humility and appreciation to the community. Undoes a lot of his snakery in my eyes which was kissing the game's ass to keep his exclusive access to make Youtube content for views.
Well Chaos Dwarfs is more or less confirmed for April, which isn't too far off. Unless they pull a switcheroo but since they tease them in the IE trailer they just released and already announced the next DLC would be April, it'd be weird.

IE not getting much of a tune up though, like this patch is pretty much a few bug fixes and making sure people know you can play IE without owning the other games(you can also buy DLCs without owning the games which is good), but I assume it'll get some more patches as they go along.

Personally I haven't regretted buying TW3, the Realms of Chaos campaign is meh but so was Vortex, ultimately it's all about the big campaign and IE, while it has its issues, is just great to play imo.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah well how about those steam achieves they had in TW2 for the big campaign but not here

Some of us got hooked on those pointless little merit badges and grinding turns

Tough drug to quit tbh, look what the Skarsnik campaign did to me

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The games out a year and pathing and ranged combat is still shit. Makes me wonder.
One thing that really bothers me still with ranged is when you turn a couple of squads to target something flanking you and those squads mash into other squads when turning. So you either allow it and it jacks with your reload time and accuracy of your squads, or you take the time to reform those squads so they arent clipping into others at the cost of time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah well how about those steam achieves they had in TW2 for the big campaign but not here

Some of us got hooked on those pointless little merit badges and grinding turns

Tough drug to quit tbh, look what the Skarsnik campaign did to me
Oh yeah that is one thing that is sorely missing and yeah I wish they had them. I hope they add them, even if it's a super simple checklist of "play x leader and achieve short/long/complete victory" kind of thing. Honestly I thought they'd add them when they "released" IE, but apparently not.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yo, they are getting rid of the tower defense mini game battles for minor settlements without walls

And only doing them some of the time for walled ones, not sure on conditions

That's so fucking good

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yo, they are getting rid of the tower defense mini game battles for minor settlements without walls

And only doing them some of the time for walled ones, not sure on conditions

That's so fucking good
Pretty sure they did that months ago, like back in december?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

1678812159499.jpeg

One of my favorite armies I’ve ever owned.

They absolutely crushed cavalry with their Hellspawn and Earth-shakers cannons.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

The campaign in the video is taking place in Realm of Chaos. Might be another month or so before we get them in IE.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I mean you have chaff, tanky bois, monstruous cav, guns and cannons so yeah unless it's vastly undertuned, they're gonna be pretty OP cause they kinda have no weaknesses. Only power limitation in campaign is gonna be these unit caps, but once you get enough to make a doomstack I don't really see much that's gonna stop that because they seem to have strong units across the board, meanwhile you can make cheap ass slave armies to defend/gank ppl. They basically have none of the downsides of dwarfs while having all the strength it feels like, plus the natural fire dmg is going to fuck with a bunch of other factions(both VCs, TK and WE). Probably going to be a pretty easy campaign I'd assume unless their economy sucks due to poor balancing of the new mechanics. The units look pretty fucking cool so definitely looking forward to a campaign with these, eventualy, probably not gonna buy as it releases though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I mean you have chaff, tanky bois, monstruous cav, guns and cannons so yeah unless it's vastly undertuned, they're gonna be pretty OP cause they kinda have no weaknesses. Only power limitation in campaign is gonna be these unit caps, but once you get enough to make a doomstack I don't really see much that's gonna stop that because they seem to have strong units across the board, meanwhile you can make cheap ass slave armies to defend/gank ppl. They basically have none of the downsides of dwarfs while having all the strength it feels like, plus the natural fire dmg is going to fuck with a bunch of other factions(both VCs, TK and WE). Probably going to be a pretty easy campaign I'd assume unless their economy sucks due to poor balancing of the new mechanics. The units look pretty fucking cool so definitely looking forward to a campaign with these, eventualy, probably not gonna buy as it releases though.

Even their economy seems to be on the strong side.

What are we guessing for the DLC, $30? Should be $15-$20, but this is CA and they want their cash.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't remember what Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast cost when they launched, but those are both $19 (ignoring the sale atm), and this is starting at $25.