Total War: Warhammer

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still won't be playing WH3 until its completely fixed and someone like Legend says its worth it.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Step in the right direction, we'll see if they stick to it. I want this game to be successful and hopefully see Ind and Kuresh down the line.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think they realized we do want to give them money but aren't putting up with any more shit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you haven't played this series before, is there any reason to start with 1 or 2, or is it fine to just jump into 3?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you haven't played this series before, is there any reason to start with 1 or 2, or is it fine to just jump into 3?

Honestly unless you love TW or WHFB I wouldn't get into it right now. 1 is the best streamlined experience for the core campaign IMO, but these are all still full price @ $60. 2 I didn't really care for the campaign. 3 adds the big feature, the immortal empires campaign thing, which is amazing in theory but I think a bit disappointing in practice due to all the game mechanics coalescing into a bit of a messy experience. I eventually got bored trying to manage random punishing mechanics with the mostly garbage auto battle mode which is super punishing to the player most of the time so I still haven't finished a single IE campaign.

If you were someone who wanted to check out rank and flank combat and TWWH 1 was $10 easy answer. Unfortunately at $60 ea, and with the ridiculous dev issues and DLC extortion, I just personally wouldn't bother until it's on sale, even for 3.

As someone who only really played a few TW games before WH ones came out, overall the series isn't very compelling to me, it is just the best of the zero other rank and flank games series. I want a formation of heavy cavalry to just absolutely annihilate some riff raff, or masses of archers ambushing a column of troops from the woods to just mow them down. None of these things really happen because of the mechanics of the game. Even playing 4x speed or whatever, it's often very mushy feeling. In that sense it doesn't really feel like WHFB where a block of KOTR coming into the side of some random low tier unit like 60 goblins would just absolutely clean up, break them and probably run them all down in one turn.

The original Shadow of the Horned Rat was the best but alas... really hard to play the GoG version even.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Are you familiar with Total War and like it?

If not, I would suggest to just get TWWH2 on a sale, maybe Christmas. No need to buy the more expensive title first. If it clicks with you that means triple digit hours of play already, and you can expand your collection later on. WH1 is just showing its age, and WH3 has issues. It does some things better than WH2, but the flunking AI can be a fun killer.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, the the second game is the best game atm. It's also one of my highest /played time on Steam.

Most of that was using the SFO mod, which I would recommend, after playing a game or two of unmodified vanilla, to get a feel for the game. It adds a bunch of tabletop/lore units and adds/changes other stuff to give the game more depth. The Vanilla game is still a fine game though.

Here is the sale history. It looks like they have put the second game on sale for $21 on December 22, for the last couple years:
2023-12-17 08.19.13 steamdb.info bba520b1321d.png

If you want to pirate a little, you can use CreamAPI to unlock all the DLC, if you own the base game.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thanks for the thorough replies, will wait to see if they do the TW2 Christmas sale again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That is a long survey, Tip: Need to read all of the questions carefully. Some of the "Have you heard about this thing?" included fake/non-existent franchises to try to trip you up, or at least mine did.
There were no fake franchises on mine:
2024-02-04 13.12.30 survey-d.yoursurveynow.com 4d886a014a8c.png

2024-02-04 13.46.58 survey-d.yoursurveynow.com 2f14013fa25f.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not warhammer but man I’m loving three kingdoms right now

I need to get back on warhammer 3

Meester

Trakanon Raider
The problem with LoTW is that he is a classic min-maxxer, if you find min-maxxing fun then power to you but I think personally after the nth time it gets a bit boring and people who continue with it for how long are probably a bit boring too.

Anyway new Tzeentch stuff

Patch 4.2 Shadows of Change Content Additions - Part 2: Tzeentch - Total War

and Kislev stuff

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The problem with LoTW is that he is a classic min-maxxer, if you find min-maxxing fun then power to you but I think personally after the nth time it gets a bit boring and people who continue with it for how long are probably a bit boring too.
I would say that's his strength and not really a problem. I like to play RPGs and strategy games on max difficulty, and the only reason I ended up looking into his content was because he provides tips and strategies for Legendary difficulty. If he was just playing on normal, I'd have never bothered.