Total War: Warhammer

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On legendary? If so then my experience has been the polar opposite.

And of course a random faction they're at war with joins them for good measure.

In my personal opinion, there needs to be some sort of medium put in place concerning the acquisition of non-quested gear for your lords; Talisman of Chaos (two, now) with 50s of 22% ward, 44s of HP regen and 10s of 22% weapon damage / 36% AP increase per battle tacked onto one item just blows everything else I've encountered out of the water by a wide margin, especially for an item considered to be "Rare" as opposed to Unique etc. I'd image encountering one early game would turn things easy mode.
Not sure which part you're saying is completely opposite. I didn't say all their armies were dumb, just when I wiped the first wave of good varied balanced armies, they didn't rebuild shit and Thorgrim's army was dumb like that. However I wasn't done with the campaign, it seems they did rebuild a bunch of shit, just somewhere I didn't have an agent at(I had a couple scouting while I was razing the west side of the badlands planning to go back on the east side and finish at their capital). Once I came back east, I was met by a bunch of really annoying armies again, like 5-6 with a ton of artillery, slayers, ironbreakers, the good stuff(or well the high tier stuff, I think the armies could have been better if they cut the slayers and some of the artillery). Wiped them again, started clearing their settlements again, and by the time I reached Karaz a Karak, there were another 5 stacks, so they didn't sit on their thumbs like I thought they were, although I have no idea where they built those armies, felt like they popped out of nowhere. They still had a stupid number of agents running around though, but they had a bunch embedded too.

I've seen the empire also do completely stupid armies with way too many heroes. One of them had 6 heroes in the army. 2celestial wiz, 1witch hunter, 1brightwiz and 2warrior priests. Rest of the army was some pistoliers/outriders and like 4mortars. Was one of the quickest fight I had, sent my chaos knights into the siege, no infantry to protect them anyway, then to chase down the outriders, and everyone else ganks the wizards and witch hunter. Warrior priests aren't too bad in combat, but the others are terrible without infantry.

If you mean, getting ganked by a lot of armies, as I said I was commenting on army composition after fighting 4empire armies and 5dwarfs army at the same time. Still as Chaos, as long as you don't overextend, it's fairly easy to deal with. Bait a few, block the others, attack a group of them, lightning strike to fight only one, dismantle them because chaos units are so much better than the average empire/dwarf unit, forcemarch away, next turn camp, combine whatever units are wounded and recruit new ones, then go again. After a few turns I destroyed all their armies without losing a fight or having to fight a large scale battle(which I hate, they're messy and the maps feel too small for 4+armies).

Items is kinda eh. I got a bunch of talismans but didn't use them, I was using the aoe -20% damage resistance thing, it's permanent and an aura around your lord, seemed really nice. I wanted to try the talisman but always forgot about switching it. The wands that give magic are pretty nice too if you're using a spellcaster. Don't even need to be the lord equipped with it, you can just use the wand to generate power and then the spellcaster uses the power since it's shared for your army. Repeatedly spamming aoe buffs on your army seems to make quite a difference. You get a ton more items as Chaos though, probably because you spend your time spamming fights, while other factions often tend to stop for a while, build up the economy and shit. My chaos campaign was 280 turns but pretty sure it was shorter than the 200turns ones I did on other factions.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So..... modders did some datamining and the shit is crazier than I imagined.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ack-plans.html

That should be the translated version. But these are paid dlc and the expansions. First will be Beastmen (Bretonnia obviously the first FLC). The expansions are fucking wild though. Most assumed first expansion would be South + West with the second expansion being Ulthuan + New World. Welllll, apparently the first expansion with be Elves + Lizardmen and the second expansion is all 4 Chaos Gods as individual races. Most of the races seem to be DLC instead of expansions. Wow

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Getting the zombie dragon mount absolutely wrecked my vampires combat power, he is far stronger on the flying horse. I am greatly saddened by this.

Make zombie dragons great again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The dragon has stupidly large aoes, makes him very good at killing a large units with a lot of models, but garbage at duelling. With the lack of dragon breaths though, it's pretty meh, they should have added those as abilities with cooldowns, it's not like it'd be hard to implement, they even have cone spells/abilities already. They also get a bunch of other stats I forgot which, I think melee defense? But dragon mounts are a lot better in the tabletop(although expensive as shit).

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hope whatever update is next fixes the need to auto-resolve in certain nuanced situations (namely where the enemy is throwing 43897 embedded heroes at you in an army) such that even when you successfully kill all of them, the game limits the death to a maximum of the Lord and one hero, whereas the rest flee off with 1 hp.

Sulrn

Deuces
So..... modders did some datamining and the shit is crazier than I imagined.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ack-plans.html

That should be the translated version. But these are paid dlc and the expansions. First will be Beastmen (Bretonnia obviously the first FLC). The expansions are fucking wild though. Most assumed first expansion would be South + West with the second expansion being Ulthuan + New World. Welllll, apparently the first expansion with be Elves + Lizardmen and the second expansion is all 4 Chaos Gods as individual races. Most of the races seem to be DLC instead of expansions. Wow
Olig.

rrr_img_136318.jpg

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just to temper that a bit, one of the devs posted on their forums saying that, while those datamined files are legit, they're also relatively old, and don't reflect their current plans. So don't expect things to go down exactly like those file names suggest.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah, next major patch is going in tomorrow. Bunch of fixes, and Vamps are getting blood knights as a free DLC.

Link

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh yeah, next major patch is going in tomorrow. Bunch of fixes, and Vamps are getting blood knights as a free DLC.

Link
Decent amount of minor fixes etc even though the general game player experience was still pretty polished out the gate. Just started a vamp session last night and got off to a stellar start taking over 2 full providences pretty much taking a city almost every single turn out the gate but think I may restart. Playing too much damn Smite to put much time into this but i really like the game so i'll get back at it .

Glad to see they changed the auto resolve to stop fucking taking my high value Vangaust (sp) to 1 hp every fight and no one else taking any damage even though i had a complete orange victory outcome.

One question for people who know what they are doing....on vamps i took over the guy right to the west of you (another vamp, 2 cities of the 3 are his) right away. I was able to raise the dead in his terriority once i took it over with some extremely top end units (4-5 turns into the game). Any reason why? I don't recall what buildings he had that may allow that as i don't really know how raise the dead works vs recruiting but I had units that were 1500 cost a piece that were just ass rape. I don't have those units available in my own terriority when i raise the dead. Bug of some sort or due to the AI having had a building that allowed it some how even though his forces never had any of those.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Raise Dead(the campaign one, not the combat spell) works a bit weird. Basically when there's a fight, the amount of deaths in the fight will generate units for it. The more bodies, the better the units, which is a bit stupid. When you do the first fight with the other undead faction, it's likely it's like zombies+skeletons versus zombies+skeletons, which is literally the biggest bodycount you can get especially if the fight is kinda close.

In fact there's a super cheesy strat that involves sacrificing your entire army and finishing the enemy army with Mannfred, to get a bigger bodycount. Thing is if you go high enough, it leaves a memorable battle site or whatever on the map, and then you can come back there and raise dead every turn from it, and it'll have almost every unit type in the game, so by turn 10 or so you can have a full high tier army and just roll over everything else. The upkeep will cripple your economy, so you need to be decisive and pick your fights smartly to gain an advantage out of it, but if you do it right it trivialize the campaign.

I'd recommend not raising too much stuff there if you don't want to be bored.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Raise Dead(the campaign one, not the combat spell) works a bit weird. Basically when there's a fight, the amount of deaths in the fight will generate units for it. The more bodies, the better the units, which is a bit stupid. When you do the first fight with the other undead faction, it's likely it's like zombies+skeletons versus zombies+skeletons, which is literally the biggest bodycount you can get especially if the fight is kinda close.

In fact there's a super cheesy strat that involves sacrificing your entire army and finishing the enemy army with Mannfred, to get a bigger bodycount. Thing is if you go high enough, it leaves a memorable battle site or whatever on the map, and then you can come back there and raise dead every turn from it, and it'll have almost every unit type in the game, so by turn 10 or so you can have a full high tier army and just roll over everything else. The upkeep will cripple your economy, so you need to be decisive and pick your fights smartly to gain an advantage out of it, but if you do it right it trivialize the campaign.

That makes sense, my 2nd fight I went into his capital with 1v3 armies and he had the huge advantage but i managed to win but it was a bloody fucking battle. Probably why i had all the other options. I have 2 armies, 1 with normal folks and my main army all these ass rapers (like 1 skele army and the rest top end) and i'm basically taking a city every 2 turns and have 10k cash at the moment so economy is decent.

Well now i know! Thanks

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's kind of a crummy system for raising units. In my mind, it should only let you raise a percentage of the units that actually participated in the fight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's kind of a crummy system for raising units. In my mind, it should only let you raise a percentage of the units that actually participated in the fight.
Yeah it's pretty bad. I think the logic of getting higher tier units is it's supposed to act as a replacement to global recruitment, so it gives you more choice, but the way it scales off deaths instead of unit value or whatever makes it too exploitable and pretty shitty. It also works off both sides death total, so it's actually very weak if you field a strong army and destroy your opponent, best you get in those cases is maybe graveguards and then low tier units, so it's pretty useless to replenish any high tier unit you lost.

It's basically weak when used as intended and OP when exploited, just not a good system. Part of the problem there is the fact every army is capped to the same amount of units, which doesn't fit the VC concept all that well. In theory you'd want to just keep raising all the skeletons and zombies you can as fodder, but there's no way you're going to raise them when they're directly competing for slots against your actually good units. I feel it would have worked better without top tier units(basically just tier 1, bats, wolves, zombies, skeletons) but with the raised units going into an extended cap for your army, so instead of the usual 20 units, you could get say 20units + 3 raised units in your army, so you could always field a bunch of zombies and skeletons that you raise from every fight.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Apparently they do that so they can skirt an M rating, which they would get it if they included it in the base game or added it in for free. By making it DLC they can keep the T rating and just stick a disclaimer on the DLC description.

Why do they care so much about avoiding an M rating? The fuck if I know. I assume the majority of the playerbase for these games are adults already, but whatever.