Toy Story 4 (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
wasn't bad, story was kinda boring and there was too much woody and new toys and not enough OG chars especially buzz. I watched TS1-3 over the weekend and Toy Story 3 was far better, and honestly this feels a bit of a cash grab that didn't really need to be made at all. Still, probably great for kids and its fairly short at 1h40m. Unless your kid is a massive Toy Story fan though just wait for it to come to Disney+ and stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed it, glad I went, wouldn't recommend it.
Easily skipable, wait for free.

I had two non-breaking gripes:
The action figures moved awkwardly for comedic effect. They straight jacked the movement from Wreck-it Ralph, where the animations did make sense and did pay off. They should have played up the virtues of their articulation. Instead of moving fluid like the other toys, they could use their joints and rotation points. It would be subtle but payoff.

During after credit scene, the punchline doesn't deliver. Saying nothing and panning to eye would have been better.

Something I liked: They gave Bo independence without being a SJW Mary Sue. I had feared this based on marketing.

Edit: my 5yo was bored out his mind.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
It was pretty good but not great. It didn’t have the same emotional impact 2 and 3 did.

I took the boys (4 and 6) and their grandmothers and got a nice hour and forty minutes of quiet time. They liked it pretty well and the grandmas cried so I guess it hit where it needed to.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was pretty good but not great. It didn’t have the same emotional impact 2 and 3 did.

I took the boys (4 and 6) and their grandmothers and got a nice hour and forty minutes of quiet time. They liked it pretty well and the grandmas cried so I guess it hit where it needed to.
I teared several times. 3 didn't hit me at all.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I teared several times. 3 didn't hit me at all.

I dunno man.

The realization from Woody that he’s just not important to Andy anymore, his continued devotion anyway, the passing of time, the loss of all your friends, the passing of youth, the inevitable finality that we all end up in the scrap heap one day, the final goodbye between two characters that at one time meant the world to each other, the last final remembrance of childhood for one last play.

When Andy said goodbye I was a wreck.

Did we watch the same movie? 😂

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno man.

The realization from Woody that he’s just not important to Andy anymore, his continued devotion anyway, the passing of time, the loss of all your friends, the passing of youth, the inevitable finality that we all end up in the scrap heap one day, the final goodbye between two characters that at one time meant the world to each other, the last final remembrance of childhood for one last play.

When Andy said goodbye I was a wreck.

Did we watch the same movie? 😂
That does sound good, don't remember any of that, yet there were moments like that in 4 that did hit me.
3 came during a rough time in my life and perhaps that skewed my view.
I remember it being over the top and shallow

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That does sound good, don't remember any of that, yet there were moments like that in 4 that did hit me.
I’m with Synj Synj , I didn’t think 3 was shallow at all, Probably my favorite one. 2 was the one that I didn’t like all that much.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I don’t think I’m revealing something we don’t already know, but that’s the genius of Pixar.

They create deep, meaningful movies that kids enjoy because they’re about talking toys.

They’ve mastered the formula for sure.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
With the passing of Fred Willard we re-watched Wall-E last night. It still holds up as amazing and a true testament to the PIXAR that was.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still haven't seen this. But earlier today for whatever reason, I had the kids watching the original Toy Story. I'm sure we'll eventually work up to the 4th one.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I've seen all of these, but the 2nd and 3rd I barely remember, and the 4th only because it's the most recent that I've seen. The first was fun, and they got darker and less fun, and more "real". Pixar does a pretty good job of mixing fun childhood with a side of real. But, and it may just be me getting older, they seem to be portraying more of the real and less of the fun.

The laughs in this one had to reach into the absurd because the real was too real. Which is portrayed with the toys literally controlling the RV at the risk of running people over.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember how evil the purple Kelsey Grammer bear was in the 3rd, trying to burn all of the other toys. It was rather intense.

• 1Solidarity